“Great Tacos on the beach!”
Review of La Lunita

La Lunita
Reserve with OpenTable
La Lunita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 39 Restaurants in Akumal
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2016

Went there for lunch at 1 o'clock in the afternoon and had tacos on the beach. The sirloin tacos were very very good. My boys had shrimp tacos that they really like also. They have a happy hour from 3 to 5 everyday with two-for-one drinks. They made it very good pina colada.

1  Thank Bigdogmg2015

Reviewed August 11, 2016 via mobile

Return to La Lunita because it was so good. We have made at least 6 trips to Akumal and La Lunita is one of our favorite restaurants. Small, quiet and located on Half Moon Bay it is a great place to have lunch or dinner. Schedule dinner so that you can see the sunset, watch the waves hit the shore while having a drink before dinner. Food, service and atmosphere are all wonderful we enjoy the seafood and Mexican dishes as well as appetizers and it's so close to the water you can go stick your feet in the water between courses.

1  Thank Bruce B
Reviewed August 10, 2016 via mobile

As we had read on some posts, La Lunita is expensive for a restaurant that has nothing special.
The setting is nice on the beach but the food is just ok, for a higher price that some other restaurants on the same beach.

Reviewed August 7, 2016

Lunch at this restaurant was part of our tour package with Your Private Tour and we enjoyed it thoroughly. I had the fish ceviche (and also tried my husband's shrimp ceviche with coconut milk). Both were great appetizers, very flavorful and fresh. My 10-year old son and I had the lamb burger for our entree. It came with delicious, crispy fries which were perfectly seasoned. The lamb burger was huge, so my son and I ended up passing our leftovers to my husband who gladly ate them. :) But the most unusual part of the meal for me was the tamarindo margarita which I liked a lot. Be sure to try it.

1  Thank woodlandfairy
Reviewed August 4, 2016 via mobile

We were on our way to Yal-ku lagoon and stopped at this restaurant for lunch.

The food was comparatively expensive and wasn't that great. I guess it pays for the beautiful view of Akumal beach. Eat there if you have to...

See pics for menu and scenery

1  Thank SAPmontreal