“A truly perfect vacation!”
View of Akumal's Half Moon Bay Outside Terrace
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
View of Akumal's Half Moon Bay
Outside Terrace
Terrace with an ocean view
Dinning Area
Living Area
View from the living room
Guest Bedroom
Master king bed
Master bedroom
Master Bathroom
Dinning Area
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Professor...
Hudson, New York
“A truly perfect vacation!”
Reviewed April 3, 2012 for a stay in March 2012
person found this review helpful

From some of the other TripAdvisor reviews, my friend and I knew that La Sirena #13 was the condo we wanted for our Akumal vacation, and we were not disappointed. Starting in the condo itself, we found the views to be spectacular, the kitchen amenities to be adequate (although not fantastic--but we're both cooks), the beds pretty comfy, the balcony wonderful, and the ocean breeze spectacular. We turned the AC on during the one night that the breeze died, and enjoyed a cool evening watching a movie (we brought dvds, but the condo has a decent selection). My friend liked her AC on while she slept, and I preferred the ocean breeze...so she closed off her room, and I kept mine wide open...it worked out perfectly. We did have a few small issues with the condo (my AC didn't work one night--no biggie; the hall shower didn't drain well) but we brought them to Marcello's attention & they were handled promptly. We also realized pretty early that our housekeeper was in the condo cleaning for quite awhile, so we asked her (in spanish) to only clean the kitchen & replace towels instead of the full cleaning, which gave us more access to the condo on the days that we stayed local. For the most part, however, #13 is a wonderful home-base.

Outside of the condo itself, we both found the pool to be a nice amenity--especially my friend, who loves to swim laps. The fact that we are beachside was also terrific--although keep in mind that this is not the sandy side of the beach. There are a lot of sharp rocks out there, so I suggest watershoes if you're not snorkeling. The lounge chairs were reasonably comfortable, and I definitely enjoyed laying around in the sun & reading. The building and grounds are kept very clean, and other than not always being able to find someone at the front desk, we were really satisfied with the service.

La Sirena is at the north end of the bay, so bikes, a golf cart, or car is highly recommended. We rented a car for the week, and found it very convenient. We could get to town quickly if we wanted to grab a bite, pick up something from the store, or take a short day trip. We had no problems driving, no problems with the police.

A few quick tips: BUY GROCERIES & DRINKS IN PLAYA DEL CARMEN (on your way from Cancun). You'll save money, as the Akumal grocery stores are limited in supply and very pricey. BRING YOUR FAVORITE SPICES/KITCHEN TOOLS. I brought a lime squeezer, a few baggies with my favorite seasonings, a few cookie mixes, a wine key, etc. The only thing I wish we had was a sharper knife, but we made due. GO OUT TO LA BUENA VIDA. This is a fun, beachside bar, really close to the condo. The food is also EXCELLENT. I highly recommend the ginger chicken empanadas & the lime soup. Yum.

All in all, this was a perfect vacation, and I suspect I'll go back.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The ocean breeze
Liked least: Not being able to find the property manager or staff when I needed them
Travelling group: With Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
2 Apr 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely and detailed review. Your comments are most appreciated. We are thankful to know that the staff took care of any issues that you had with the condo right away. Your comments about the kitchen are helpful. We will make sure there are sharp knives for cooking and will review the kitchen amenities so things can be added that are necessary. We do appreciate you choosing La Sirena condo 13 for your vacation. We will look forward to helping you book your next trip! Muchas Gracias!
NYC
Reviewed April 14, 2011 for a stay in March 2011

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 45-54
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Ryansmom
Terre Haute, Indiana
“Private, quiet, roomy, wonderful getaway”
Reviewed November 11, 2010 for a stay in November 2010

My husband and I stayed at the condo for 1 week in early November. It was better than we had expected, being large, pretty, clean and , wow, what a view. There are 3 balconies....didn't use the 2 off from the bedrooms, as the main balcony has such a view. Plenty of beach chairs and great snorkling. The location is a bit far from town, that is a good thing and a bad thing....we rented bikes and loved it. Full kitchen was nice. Decorated great.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists Large groups

Florida
Reviewed April 10, 2008 for a stay in September 2007

IL
Reviewed April 8, 2008 for a stay in March 2008

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing