This resort is massive! The Akumal and 'beach' areas of the resort are definitely the best place to stay.
The beach area is great to explore and if you like to sun on the beach it is very nice. The pool areas are ample, the staff was friendly.
We enjoyed our stay at the resort. We ate every meal at the buffets and did get a little tired of them but the quality of food and options were really great. Big suggestion is to ensure that you make reservations for the a-la-carte options ASAP! Some folks mentioned that they emailed before arrival? Unfortunately we could not get into one restaurant when we tried to reserve... options very late were offered and we don't like to eat at 10PM! With that being said we enjoyed the buffets, no complaints.
Resort is clean.... staff very nice!
Edgar is definitely a nice guy to stop to say hello to, he works the swim up bar. We read about him on trip advisor before our visit and enjoyed his excellent Mojitos and visits.
We keep working while we travel and internet worked great - technology is good at resort. We have never had problems in Mexico with technology though.
We were off the resort a number of times and with the size of the resort we would just recommend to watch where you are getting let out of a taxi! No problem to get the next hotel shuttle if you get the wrong room but something to keep in mind.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 swimming pools 4 jacuzzis 2 children's swimming pools Solarium with sun umbrellas and sun loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charges apply) Sports centre: a gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motor sports (additional charges apply) Aquatic activity and diving centre Entertainment amphitheatre Wi-Fi access in the lobby (free) and with an no additional charge in the rooms Buffet restaurant opposite the sea 3 a la carte restaurants 9 bars Cocktail Lounge Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, cenotes and Mayan jungle Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and a night club Rooms 758 spacious Junior Suite Superior rooms. Equipped with: Two full-size beds or one king-size bed A living area with sofa A fully fitted bathroom: shower, washbasin, dryer and magnifying mirror Hydro massage tub Bathrobe and slippers (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Pool towel (to be enjoyed throughout your stay) Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Direct-dial telephone (additional charges applicable to external calls) Radio alarm clock Flat-screen TV Mini-bar with mini alcoholic beverages (included) Coffee set Safe (included) Ironing set 24 hour room service Butler service (upon request) Evening turn-down service Pillow menu Wi-Fi (no additional charge) Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy facilities designed especially for them: Children's swimming pool Mini Club (children aged 4 to 12) Mini Disco in the evenings Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's club (children aged 11 to 16) Other services An internal mini-train service providing access to all the facilities: 24-hour medical service (additional charges apply) Pharmacy (additional charges apply) Personalised menu options for celiacs and diabetics Specialised wedding, anniversary and event planning service Casin ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal Don Pablo Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principle
- Bahia Principe Mexico
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel Akumal
- Mexico Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Grand Bahia Principe Akumal
- Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Bahia Mexico Principe
- Akumal Gran Bahia Principe