Just spent 11 nights in Grand palladium in the colonial part of the hotel, after a very long flight and exhausting time going through customs it was a sight for sore eyes to arrive here! it is very grand and clean and the staff are wonderful,The setting is amazing in the jungle with the wildlife and water features. All the restaurants were great, we tried most and had no complaints in any the service was top class.
We did a few trips through Thompson- Chichen itza which is a must though it is a long day and wouldn't recommend it for children- The fat cat boat trip which was great snorkeling in the reef-The pub crawl to coco bongo which was amazing and the Captain cook cruise in Cancun though again this is two hours away so quite far for an evening trip.
We also got the collectivo bus outside the hotel and for a few peso you can be in Akumal in ten minutes and snorkel with the turtles, you can hire equipment there cheap.
The weather was fantastic so spent alot of time round the pools which are gorgeous and in the beach where you can kayak and get a pedlo out.
We also went to the beach bbq on a Friday night and though was very good thought there would be more to it felt a bit like they were waiting for your table as soon as you finish as it is in staggered settings.
We went to a couple of the shows at the hotel which were ok- the pirate one and rock show the best others i wouldn't bother with plenty of bars and things to do.
Overall an amazing hotel don't know how any one can give bad rating it is like being in paradise!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium Colonial are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa, with the exception of the Royal Suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HotelQuickly, Travelocity.ca, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Colonial Hotel
- Hotel Grand Palladium Colonial
- Grand Palladium Mexico
- Palladium Colonial Resort
- Grand Palladium Spa
- Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico