Returned from a fortnight at the Colonial last month and all we can say is the place was absolutely fabulous.
Everything you read about fantastic friendly staff, quality of food, cleanliness etc is true. We went with friends and we all agreed that it was one of the best holidays we'd ever had and we are booking again for next year.
Forget the professional moaners who will always find fault (just stay at home, eh?) and enjoy a perfect holiday in this beautiful tropical paradise.
We took tripadvisor advice and managed to get top floor accommodation (block 21, superb central location) and were delighted with the spacious room which was spotless.
The food was superb - breakfast in the buffet was fresh and varied; lunches wherever we went were top quality and the variety of a la carte or buffet food in the evening makes you wish you'd booked for a month, there simply isn't enough time to appreciate all of it. Top tips: eat outdoors at the mediterranean or eat some of the best beef you'll ever taste at the steakhouse.
Best lunch tip: go for the Hawaiian burger at Il Punto - awesome with a couple of cold beers.
And when you've had enough fine food and tasty cocktails, go and spend an hour or two chilling out at the Spa which is tranquil and beautiful.
Yes, there are raccoons and lizards (there was even a moth as big as a bird one night which made us all jump) but you're in the jungle - it's stunning.
We've been to many all inclusives before and this was by far and away the best.
Steven and Denise Brady
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium Colonial are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa, with the exception of the Royal Suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, HRS, Hotel.de and Travelocity so you can book your Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Colonial Hotel
- Hotel Grand Palladium Colonial
- Grand Palladium Mexico
- Palladium Colonial Resort
- Grand Palladium Spa
- Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico