Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa
US$312
  • Pool
Grand Bahia Principe Coba(Akumal)(Great Value!)
US$285
US$392
Travelocity
  • Pool
Las Villas Akumal(Akumal)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$308
US$301
Priceline
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
5,703 results
All reviewsribsthe white sandsadult poolthe salt water poola la carte restaurantsfishel doradosports barmayan suitemain pooltravel clubpunta emiliajunior suitewhite partysegway tourriviera lobbymare nostrum
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We just back from 2 weeks holidays. We had amazing holidays. Beautiful hotel, SPA. We have been there with our 1,5 old little one and for her we found out baby club El Ranchito. She was there every day for 2 hours so we have free time, always we have radio if anything happened. Staff there was amazing care about her.
When we arrived we had some issue with our room but after help from reception (especially Luis - thanks for him) we got new room next day. Close to the beach and swimming pool.
All facilities in that hotel are great. Lots of bars, restaurants. Food very good.
Definitely we come back!!!!!
Thanks tor amazing holidays!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank dotif
ColonialKantenah, Gerente at Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Thank you dotif for share with us and other readers your comments about your vacation in Grand Palladium.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

Have been to this resort twice, had a absolutely brilliant time on both occasions if your are thinking will I won't I go! Go go go if your wanting a brilliant relaxing holiday,pools restaurants food fab, & the staff are so friendly they were brilliant & work so hard, I tipped every day they work so hard to make sure you a a brilliant holiday, I was with family & friends both times & we all loved it, if your going you will have a brill time enjoy..

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank Steven G
ColonialKantenah, Gerente at Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Dear Steven G,

Thank you for your time and for share with us your comments about your vacation in Grand Palladium.

For me and for the rest of the team, the opinion of our guest it's very important.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

Just returned from a fantastic holiday at the Grand Palladium. I can only echo all the positive comments that have been made by all the previous reviewers.
The staff are very friendly and provide excellent service in all areas.
Our room (which was upgraded on arrival to a suite - a pleasant surprise) was spacious, modern and clean with well stocked minibar that was replenished daily. Our maid cleaned every day and she made sure we had a regular supply of different towel animals.
There is a fantastic number of restaurants all providing an excellent choice of different food from Brazillian to Japanese. The only hic-cup there would be the Chinese themed restaurant (Bamboo), where we found the food and service terrible, but maybe they were having a bad night!
The grounds around the 4 hotels are quite vast, but they operate a mini train service that you can jump on and off around the resort if you dont feel like walking.
We stayed for 11 nights and we didn't manage to explore all of the property - meaning we will definately have to go back and explore the rest!
Cant wait!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
11  Thank So_LoBolton
ColonialKantenah, Gerente at Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Dear So_LoBolton,

Thank you for taking the time to share with me and other readers your comments about your experience while staying in Grand Palladium Resort and Spa.

I appreciate your time and I will share with our team this information.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

There is not much I can add to the recent good reviews, being a regular visitor to the carribean it is in my top 5. The location is a great mix of beach, flora and fauna and the restaurants and facilities mean there is plenty to keep you amused. The crazy golf could do with a refurb though and the animation team are far too loud, you could hear them 1/2 a mile away. The wildlife all around the complex made it for me. The secret bar at the adult pool is a great place to end the day with a last swim and coctail before getting ready for an evening out.

For my diving buddies the Mexican experience from on-site Scuba Carribe is fantastic. 2 Cenote dives are awesome, underwater caverns and caves linked by tunnels and filled with rock formations and lazer light shows from the gaps in the cavern roof. Search u-tube for a flavour. The highlights of the local dives were finding a seahorse on both dives and a large turtle. The dive off Cozamel was the fastes drift dive I have ever done and worthy of a theme park.

For a special snorkel get a taxi (about $15usd) to Ackumel beach and swim with rays and turtles, I spent 20 mins swimming with two 4-5ft turtles about 50 yds from the beach in 4ft of water. Mind you don't step on the sting rays! The dive center on the beach will rent you gear if you need it.

I'll be back.

Room Tip: We were in Block 21 which gave great access to all the facilities. The only rooms with a view are on the top floor of the 3 storey blocks. Don't get a room near Americans - they spend all night shouting.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank gastroknome

Dear gastroknome,

Thank you for taking the time to share with me and other readers your coments about your vacation in Grand Palladium Riviera Maya. I´m so pleased that you have had a wonderful time with us.

I will share your comments with our entertainment manager.

Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

This was my 6th stay at the hotel over about 5 years and it just keeps on getting better.
Firstly we like to say a massive thank you to Banesa, we had a wonderful stay and you certainly went the extra mile to look after us.
We were only at the hotel for a week this time and did not have time to try all the restaurants, the ones we did try were excellent i think the standard of food has got better. We could have easily eaten in the buffet restaurants every night as there is so much choice.
The pools and hotel grounds were immaculate, as always, and every staff member we bumped into was happy and welcoming.
The beach was beautiful and we saw amazing marine life right there in the shallows, we saw huge butterflys, cute coatis, iguanas, flamingos and more!
I have stayed in the White Sands, Kantenah and now Colonial, i have to say the Colonial seems to be my favourite but really and truely it does not matter which lobby you check into, you have full use of the entire resort and i have enjoyed myself throughly at all of them.
Our room this time was very close to the pool and restaurants which was fantastic after a few too many cocktails but this is not essential as i have had rooms further away in previous trips and the stroll through the jungle and wooden walk ways is very pretty.
It was my fiances' first time at the hotel and he was blown away with the service, facilities, grounds and beauty of the resort, he loved it so much we are already looking at returning with the children.
I highly recommend this hotel to couples and families, if it is your first time to Mexico this resort will blow you away too. If you have been before and thinking of returning, then do it, it just keeps getting better and better!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
12  Thank rebbeca t
ColonialKantenah, Gerente at Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Dear rebbeca t,

Thank you so much for your excellente review. I couldn't to see you this time but I hope the next time.

I am glad to know your comments and that you have had a great time with us.

Please, don' t hesitate to contact with us if we can help you with anything in the future.

A Hug,