“Absolutely Fantastic” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Rothesay, Canada
“Absolutely Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

Wonderful, wonderful vacation at the Grand Palladium Kantenah. My husband and I had never been to Mexico and our trip was beyond our expectations. The service was excellent and the resort was beautiful. We especially liked that the resort worked with the environment evident everywhere fromt the walkways, native animals, to the recycling cans throughout. The beach was long and beautiful with many places to sit and relax. There were little bars and places to eat along the beach, as well as, walkways to various parts of the complex. The salt water pool was very "cool" the food tasty, and staff friendly. Each resort is close enough that you could walk or catch the train which went until 2:00 in the morning. The resort made an effort to offer entertainment from quiet areas with soft music, or shows with dancing after. Something for everyone.

The staff was helpful and prompt. WE will be going back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Janet V
ColonialKantenah, Gerente at Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Dear Janet V,

Greetings from Riviera Maya.

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your opinion about your recent visit to our Resort.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (721)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

This hotel is amazing...the staff our so friendly and helpful, the wildlife is unbelieveable you will see racoons, coaties, snakes,crocodiles to flamingos. Lots and lots of A la carte restaurants with fantastic menus, the buffet restaurants have loads of choice. The hotel rooms are large and well furnished and wonderfully clean and in good repair. considering the size of the property you never feel on top of one another and it is very peaceful and restful. Saying this if you want a social lively holiday this hotel can also provide this. This is a hotel you must experience at least once. I can't wait to go back!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor...stops the bugs from bothering you.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Clarrymarry
Dear Clarrymarry,

Thank you for share with us your comments. I am glad to know that you have enjoyed the hotel.

Regards,

Edmonton, Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Kantenah in Jan 2012 for 1 week. Upon arrival, checkin went smooth and they upgraded us to a room with a sitting area and close to the beach for our anniversary. The rooms were very nice, clean and spacious. It really doesn't matter where your room is located as you still have a walk to the beach, this resort is VERY big. If you have trouble walking this is not the place for you, shuttles don't run as frequently as at the Bahia Principe. We walked everywhere we went as the path ways through trees etc were really pretty and it was quicker than waiting for a shuttle. We did catch the suttle when we wanted to visit the other sister resorts but we walked to our loby and caught it from there and it was fast. The grounds were amazing with lots of wild life to see as you walked, this is an eco park so be prepared for other little things, cockroaches, small spiders, flying beetle things etc but the resort sprays and we only saw these things a couple of times. (you are in a tropical place!) Pools were fabulos, drinks were good at the beach bar but far better at the adult pools where you could get bottle beer (they put in a plastic cup) and premium rums etc. Service at the adult pool bar was much better and staff friendlier but the beach bar was very busy. Still no complaints, just compairing! We took out the katamarans and wind surfers --- fun fun. Snorkeled from the Kantenah beach, good but go to Akumal beach if you want better than amazing snorkeling. Most of the beach as you walk into the water is very rocky except a patch close to the kantenah side, so bring water shoes for sure. We rented segways and they take you on a tour of this massive resort. We had so much fun and is very easy to learn, we went out again. The staff was great and very friendly there, my husband even video taped the ride with his GoPro camera! Buffets were very good, we could always find something we liked. El Dorado steak house was very good and the mediterainian and japanese food very good also. Go figure, the Mexican restaurant we did not like at all and decided to eat at the buffet instead. For you coffee (cafe late, etc) drinkers, the only place I could find in the Kantenah area for a late in the morning was all the way to the beach bar and then we would walk to the buffet located closer to the loby. Again, it was a walk but your on holidays and don't have to go anywhere fast! To do some comparisons to other resorts, the Bahia Principe is big also but shuttles are everywhere, the food was amazing (buffet and a la carte) beds very comfortable, beach was long and nice water. The Grand Sirenis, resort is large but not as big as Palladium or Bahia, rooms very very nice, food compariable to Palladium, beach area is small but really good to snorkel at, no water shoes required. All in all I would stay at the Palladium again, it was a nice resort but there are so many in the Mayan Riveria I keep trying more each time we go. (we have also stayed at Ocean Turquesa, Vivia Wyndham and rented a condo at Sandys Villas) If you want to ask me questions, feel free to e-mail me. cljperuvian@yahoo.ca

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank MamasitaCJ
ColonialKantenah, Gerente at Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 10 March 2012
Dear MamasitaCJ,

Thank you for taking time for share with us your opinion about your vacation in Grand Palladium. I appreciate all comments.

I will share your comments with our team.

Best regards,

Michigan USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

Important difference makers for me in an all inclusive and my opinions of the Palladium:
Ala Carte restaurant with good quality and a lot of options, I loved the unlimited no reservation system.
Great outdoor tropical atmosphere both day and night
Great pool with a swim up bar
Night time entertainment options- YES, one of the main reasons I picked this resort- live music.There is more live music than any other resort that I have ever heard of.
Beach- great white sand beach with beautiful blue water. I only snorkeled one day and saw some fish but I should have gone out more, I got too lazy pool side with cervezas.

Hotel Grounds: Great atmosphere while walking the pathways during the day or riding the carts taking in the outdoor lighting at night. Some may say the resort is too big but I will disagree. You can choose to stay in your own area or walk/ride to other parts of the resort that interests you.

Room: Big Bonus! We booked a standard room in the Kantenah and found out at check in that we were upgraded to a Mayan Suite, awesome. Room is usually low priority at an all inclusive but the outdoor shower was very impressive. Very cool to take a shower outside before dinner and look up to see stars and the moon in the sky.

Pool: Just like others have said, 5 1/2ft deep in the main pool on the colonial/kantenah side and more shallow on the Riviera side. We were comfortable on our Kantenah side pool but to have the water more shallow would have been nice. Also it would have been nice for both swim up bars to be exposed to the sun more as they became shady fairly early. But on a good note overall the pools were warm for this time of year and most people were able to go in. Also the towel game was not really necessary as chairs were available most of the day.

Food: Breakfast buffet was only ok IMO, most of the time all inclusives tend to have breakfast as on of their best meals. They were not bad but I thought other resorts with lesser quality food served better a better breakfast. The lunch buffets were very good as were the beach bars- great chicken fajitas and chicken wings.

Ala Cartes were great, one of the reasons I chose this resort. I have to laugh at people who complain when they don't get seated right away with the no reservation policy. One of my favorite times on an all inclusive vacation is enjoying a pre dinner outdoor drink with a great atmosphere and music playing.

Sumptuori Show Table- I thought the chef show was equal to Benihana. They served a couple different appetizers along with some decent sushi. The main courses were options of seafood, beef and chicken along with rice. **** star

El Dorado- I had a great rib eye but the rest of the table only thought the meal was ok? *** star

Rodizio- worst meal of the week for us. Salad bar had some good options but most of the meat was sub par IMO. My wife had a good piece of lamb but the rest of us did not. I heard the beef brisket was good but I did not like the looks of the first skewer and the server brought out another one. This looked better but was only just ok. I was not expecting great cuts of meat here but was glad we did it for something different. ** star

Punta Emilia- great combination of atmosphere and food, best meal of the trip IMO. Garlic shrimp appetizer and fish soup were both good. Mixed seafood grill was great, a combo of shell fish and seafood. The atmosphere was even better than the pictures showed, does not always work out that way. ***** star

Mare Nostrum- another great combination of food and atmosphere, you must request one of the outdoor tables it is worth the wait. Like many have already mentioned the lamb was very good, the duck and prawns also good. **** star

La Adelita- the steak tampiquena was good not great and the others in the group all enjoyed their meal. **** star

Portofino- there was a wedding party two nights in a row so no outdoor table, I was bummed. Great salad bar options and some good entrees, chicken De'Angello and the lasagna were good. Most of the pasta dishes that you choose the sauce and noodle type were meh, I would order one of the other entrees instead. **** star

Drinks: this is one of the few areas that I was a little disappointed in but mainly because I thought they served Tanquerary in Hemingways and some of the ala cartes but did not find it when I checked. Also the other drink I like is a chocolate martini and these were horrible everywhere I tried, nothing like other resorts I have had them. All was not lost as I'm mostly a beer drinker so it was nice to have the option of regular or dark beer but the bottle beer tasted much better as the week wore on. At night the White Russians and Baileys were also good.

Service: I thought the service was very good but after being in both Punta Cana and Mexico many times I must say the workers in Punta Cana come off as a little more exceptional but no complaints with the Palladium crew.

We went to the salt water pool for the white party at night and during the day once, I was not that impressed and would not make a trip to see it again if I return. What I'm really bummed about is we never made it to the Spa, everyday we were going to do it tomorrow but tomorrow never came, oh well next time.

We had one of our best trips ever and plan on returning even though I have never gone back to the same resort in the past.

If you like the following then I think the Palladium is for you.

A large resort with plenty of options and things to do and see
Good quality unlimited no reservation ala carte restaurants for dinner
Live Music- this made a real difference from the usual stage show options.

6 Thank dmac
Dear dmac,

Thank you for give us your opinion about your vacation. All information, positive and negative is very important for us.

Best regards,

St. Albert, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

We stayed at the Grand Palladium Kantenah from Feb 26 to March 4. Overall we enjoyed our stay.
The ride from the airport is an hour and twenty minutes. The bus we were on did not have a washroom. Fortunately everyone in our party made use of facilities at the airport before boarding the bus. There were a few other travellers who hadn't however and by the time we reached the resort there were bladders close to bursting.
Our check in was very quick but we were the only party dropped off at Kantenah. Most of the bus disembarked at Riviera and I'm sure it took them a while to check in. Our rooms were in the villa furthest from the pool and beach but close to the lobby. We had no view to speak of but our rooms were side by side, as we had asked. The rooms were very clean but clearly dated. The small tv didn't work, nor did the drain in the wash basin. These were both fixed promptly. Our rooms were at the base of the stairwell and next to the ice machine. The ice machine made noise constantly and guests coming and going at all hours made a restful sleep challenging.
We had a small outbreak of ants near the end of our stay but it was not problematic.
The pool at Kantenah/Colonial was very busy throughout. The activity/entertainment staff were excellent. There were frequent but not obtrusive activities that kept the guests engaged and entertained. Most days it was tough to find chairs around the pool unless you staked your territory early. We did always manage to find spots however. The trees around the pool kept it quite sheltered from the generally strong winds on the beach. The pool and pool deck were kept immaculate.
The beach was clean and well groomed. There was a small amount of seaweed wash-up but, you are on the ocean. The beach chairs were generally full in the morning but thinned out in the afternoon. The majority of guests in the area we were at were Canadian and most spoke english. There were some noticeable European guests (speedos and a couple of topless sun bathers).
We visited the buffets most often. The food was generally pretty good and there was lots of variety. Service was up and down, depending upon your server. Our favorite was an older fellow named David. He was very friendly and engaging. The a la carte restaurants were okay but the food was quite average. A reasonable attempt but definately not 5 star cuisine. The El Dorado steak house had floor boards missing. This could have been quite dangerous for guests or staff. The Sumptori Japanese restaraunt was very disappointing. No reservations for the tepanyaki grill. I was told to come at 5 when the doors opened at put my name on the list. I came the next day at 5 and the list was already full. Obviously the attendant was taking cash to put you on the list. This would be a reason I would not return to this resort. This dishonest practise is not acceptable. A young woman next to me was also trying to reserve a private dining spot at the adjoining Mediterranean restaraunt and was told it was first come first served and the spot was already occupied. When she returned the next night and the spot was vacant she was told it was being held for another guest as a service. This sounds like a reservation to me. Again I would assume the attendant was paid off to hold the spot.
The live entertainment was very good. I would rate this element as the best part of the stay. The serving staff were more unfriendly or disengaged than I have found in other countries. I found this last time I was in Mexico as well so perhaps it is a cultural thing. There certainly were many people that were friendly enough but not what you'd expect from a high class resort. It just seems odd to me that the guests are much more friendly than the staff. They are in the tourist business, after all.
The resort itself is beautiful, with excellent architecture. Could use more ATMs. Should offer free wireless internet. The souvenir market at Colonial was a very good touch. You got to barter with the vendors just like in many Mexican tourist spots. Even picked up a few reasonably priced souvenirs. Paid 1/3 the price for a doll for my grand daughter at the market versus the asking price for the same doll in the resort store.
Mini golf was in bad shape. Also we made the mistake of playing in the afternoon. The heat was over bearing. They have lights on at night so play then.
The train between the resorts was a nice touch. The variety of live entertainment was good.
Overall I would rate this vacation as quite good. The resort is quite good but not quite at the excellent level. The trip was reasonable value for money but not excellent.
I would recommend this resort and we will probably pay another visit some time. We will try some others out first though. The Mayan Riviera is an excellent spot for winter vacation.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank WHJ53
ColonialKantenah, Gerente at Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Dear WHJ53,

It's a pleasure to know your comments about your vacation with us. It's very important for us this information because is help for improve our work.

Please, if we can help you with anything, don't hesitate to contact with us.

With best regards,

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

We spent a week my husband and I from the 16th to the 23rd of February,
We were in the Royal section and are Palladium club members, we had a royal cabana.
We arrived at the airport, an employee from hotelbeds was waiting for us outside with our names, and he had a van drive us off to the resort. The driver didn’t speak a word to us.(on our way back the driver never stopped talking, he was very pleasant) It took 1hr and 45 min from the time we landed to the time we were standing in the Royal lobby..That was fast..Yippee!!!Our vacation starts right now…Liz our concierge from the travel club was waiting for us, she was very sweet, made the arrangements for us to meet with her the next day for explanations about the club and reservations for the restaurants etc, etc. We pretty much knew what to expect having used the travel club in Jamaica twice, we have been to the Riviera Maya Palladium twice before, but this was the 1st time with the PC. She then brought us to have lunch at the buffet by the pool since our room would not be ready till 3:00p.m., so we changed in our bathing suits and headed for the beach and the pool. Went back to the lobby at 3 and our room was ready, we got exactly the cabana we asked for..WOW!! The cabanas are really great; everything was perfect, champagne, fruit basket and cheese tray and a gift waiting for us when we arrived...We were really happy with the room and the cleaning lady all week.
We ate at El Jardin a couple of nights and in the a la carte for supper, the buffet and Punta Emilia for lunch and breakfasts were at El jardin and the buffet in white sands...The food was very good most of the time having a few misses . My husband and I found the lobster delicious in all the restaurants; El Jardin was a smaller portion but excellent nonetheless. The service from the employees was fantastic everywhere, we were really impressed with the Royal section. The butler was always there to help us and we never had a problem with our restaurant reservations. Fernanda in the Royal section at the beach was always in a happy mood as she brought us drinks and snacks. The waiters in the a la carte even tried to speak French with us and were very friendly.
The beach had a lot of sea weed piling up but the resort had the workers bagging it as fast as they could. It is the 1st time I see so much of it. From what we heard, the week before had some rough seas. It wasn’t so bad when we were there but calmed down the last 3 days. The weather was hot and humid, just perfect for us to enjoy. We couldn’t have asked for better. We were in Paradise.
On our second day, we did meet with Liz again, and she gave us all the info, Palladium $, arranged for our free tour, our meeting with PC and she let us know we could call her at anytime for anything we needed. We really did enjoy our whole week there and can’t wait to go back.
On the Monday we headed out to Cozumel with another couple we met in the Royal section. We bought a snorkeling tour ($40.00 each) and rented a Jeep to tour the Island ($80.00 total + gas). It sort of was a rinky dink vehicle but got us around and we still managed to have a blast. We ate at Jimmy Buffets’ Margaritaville before we toured the island. Great time and great food. Now that I have seen Cozumel, it is not something I will do again, but happy I got to visit it once.
We found the tour to Tulum a bit long getting there, picking up others at the Bahia Principe, but did have a fun time anyways. They did offer us a tour to Hidden World instead of Tulum since we had been there a few times, but still we decided to go back.
All in all we did have a wonderful week, but that being said there were a few things that annoyed us a bit. Nothing major but thought we should mention. First of all, the cart transportation could be very slow, waiting sometimes 20 mins for a pick up. We did walk a lot to and from but when we would use the carts it took forever, I do know that it was full to capacity but they should really get more carts out at that time especially in the Royal section. We often waited longer than the other sections. Fortunately, the drivers were really friendly and fun to talk to, which made it more enjoyable.
The thing that annoyed us the most was the famous upgrade meeting. We had done it in Jamaica the first time and they had respected our decision to not upgrade and 15 min later we were done. The second time in Jamaica we had declined to go without any problem, so this time we had specifically told Liz we were not interested in upgrading, that we were very happy with our governor suite membership so she gave us a 60 min info meeting, which we did want to go to get the updates and info about the world pass we had heard about. Also, we had some questions about RCI. Well I tell you it was a real joke. A cart driver and another man picked us up at our cabana which was right next to the Royal lobby, to bring us to the White Sand lobby, in order to meet a third man who sat us down at one of the lobby tables, then he brought us a lady who took some info (info that they should already have), to then have us meet a young man who took us on the pontoon to the Royal lobby. Are you following me? This man asked us mostly the same questions and filled out a small questionnaire to see if we were happy with the club, and he then took us back on the pontoon to the White Sand lobby again but this time we made our way to the travel club office. My husband and I just wanted to laugh at this point. We could not believe the waste of time for absolutely nothing. He then sends us another lady to ask us the same questions. 45 minutes have gone by and we still don t have any new info and nobody has told us about the world pass. We asked a few questions about RCI and told her we did not want to upgrade, so she gets up to get the info about RCI but sends us another young man saying he can speak better French to us. Very strange how we never asked for a French speaking person since we are both perfectly bilingual, I guess she distinguished a slight accent. He goes about the upgrade again and now I’m really getting annoyed, so I tell him in a firm tone: “look, I came here to get info on the world pass, I’m not interested in an upgrade so stop wasting your time and mine”. He still continues to crunch numbers and prices to try to get us to upgrade, making us feel like the membership we bought had no worth unless we upgraded. We found him to be arrogant and that really turned me off, I told my husband if the first meeting had been with this man I would not have bought the membership in the first place. Nevertheless, we are very happy with the membership we have. When he saw we would not bite he then told us he had nothing to do with the world pass and sent us Hugo, who came and explained it to us and explained the upgrade but in a less aggressive manner. We never got the questions for the RCI answered and walked out of there feeling we had just wasted 90 min. of precious beach time.
All that being said I will never go to another PC upgrade meeting, if I ever decide to upgrade or need info I will do it by phone on my own time at home.
That is now behind us and we will definitely be back to enjoy another stay at the palladium resorts in the future.
But it is very unfortunate to have to experience this and I understand why some people are turned off and do not join, but they are surely missing out on something fantastic, so I hope for the club they change their tactics and stop wasting our precious vacation time when we clearly say we are not interested.

2 Thank aljac
Dear aljac,

In behalf of Grand Palladium, I would like to thank you for share with us your comments about your vacations. I will share your comments with our team.

With best regards,

Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

Feb 5-12, 2012.
Flight: We booked our vacation with Transat Holidays through Trip Central. We flew out of Hamilton, Ontario via Canjet and I can only say WOW!! What a huge difference flying out of Hamilton versus Toronto. No line ups at check in or security and then a large waiting area to board including plush chairs to relax in. I am officially ruined for flying out of Toronto any more. The flight was enjoyable, it included champagne on our way down and the food they gave us was actually not that bad…and I have had bad.

Cancun airport and Check in: The Cancun airport was uneventful, as I think we were the only flight in at that time. We had arranged a private transfer from the airport to the Hotel rather than join the bus group which I am told makes multiple stops before finally arriving at the Palladium. It was quick and the driver stopped to let us buy some beer on the way. Because we arrived before the bus, there was no one at the check in counter so things went very quickly however, our room was not ready and we had to wait until 3:00 pm. I suspect that they do not actually know if the room was ready or not.
NOTE: I had booked on the Kantenah side (which is on one side of the resort) but found out that we had been moved to the Colonial side. I was a little leery of this at first but after a while realized that this had been the best thing…(see resort).

Resort: THIS PLACE IS HUGE!! When I booked this place I knew it was big, but I did not realize how big. Everything is very spread out as all the rooms are set into the natural environment with covered foot paths throughout. So the better part of the day entails walking….lots and lots of walking. Please realize that I enjoy walking, even my husband normally enjoys a couple of beach walks daily when we go away. However, at this resort, by the time we got to the beach (or anywhere) we were too tired to do any more walking. By the end of the week we were both complaining about the amount of walking. I would not recommend this hotel to anyway with mobility issues…it would be just too hard to manage. Yes there is a train that will drive you around, but I guess we were not patient enough to wait for it.

Room: We were in a standard room 1609 (Colonial) which was very centrally located so it made going to things very convenient. I had asked for a top floor room in a quiet area. I got the quiet but on the second floor. The room itself was fine, a king size bed, large balcony and sufficient amenities, which included a mini bar that was stocked daily with water, pop and beer, a safe that unfortunately, broke twice while we were there. The safe person only works from 9 – 6 daily which was a bit problematic as we had to remove everything the afternoon before our departure because we did not trust it to open at 4:00 am.
Housekeeping did an ok job, nothing special and we only had towel are on our last 2 days. There is no alarm clock or liquor dispenser in the room.

Pools and Beach: There are many pools with the larger ones having a continuous flow of entertainment and music. We preferred the quiet of the Adult pool with the cushioned loungers. The Salt Water pool had a nice lounger area but my husband and I agree that the pool is not what I would consider inviting; it is shallow, rocky and seemed dirty. The beach is very nice, although I must admit that we did not spend much time there except to go to snorkel, mainly because it was quite a walk for us to get there. There was never a problem finding loungers so you did not have to reserve them although I noticed some people still doing that.

Food: In general the food was very good and with unlimited a la carte you have the opportunity to try most of the restaurants (if you can find them). We tried the Brazilian, our personal favourite, the Asian, which wins the presentation award, the steak house and the Ribs and more, which where ok but nothing special. We were seated immediately in all but the Steak house which we had to wait about an hour but they give you a pager so that you can sit in the lobby and have a drink. There are 3 buffets, one in Kantenah, Colonial and Riviera. We ate at each and found that the Colonial was the busiest with the Kantenah and Riviera almost empty. The buffets have a great variety and are average by North American buffet standards. They do have some fresh cooking areas but I found it was not worth it to wait for a little piece of meat cooked on a grill or for pasta. There is a beach buffet/a la carte restaurant which is a nice change from the buffets for lunch and apparently turns into a seafood a la carte for dinner. There is no way anyone could not find something to eat unless they are “very” picky.

Extras: If you are looking for a place to keep busy all day, this would be a good choice. We did not partake in any of the activities but I noted from the schedule that you could go all day doing activities. We did however take advantage of the Spa, which is AMAZING, this was probably the best thing about our trip. It was close to our room and you were free to use everything. They charge for services like massages, but we found the hot tubs etc were fine enough for us.

Excursions: We ventured out on 2 occasions. We attempted to take the collective to Akumal Beach. The stop is directly across the street from the hotel however, while standing at the stop, a taxi pulled up and off we went for only $5. The same happened on our way back. There are many many taxi companies waiting right outside the beach, they will offer you various prices to your hotel (they can see by your bracelet), but keep going until you get a decent offer, again we came back for around $5.
As for the beach, it was a nice outing but personally I do not snorkel so I sat on the beach while my husband snorkelled. He rented a snorkelling vest only because it is quite a swim out and if you got into trouble, it would be difficult to get back in. He said the snorkelling was ok, but enjoyed the hotel just as much.
Tulum Ruins. We had originally planned to arrange our own transport and tour but caved into taking the bus tour. We should have stuck with our original plan. The bus made many stops, even though the hotel told us differently, and at one point we were transferred to a different bus before we arrived. However, the guide was nice (you do not need to purchase the bug stuff, it’s a scam) and informative, but it was very hot and we were glad to get back to the little restaurant for a cold beer. We both agreed that we have no desire to see another ruins site, this is a smaller one and we were glad it was.

In general, I would not return to this resort only because of the size of it. I enjoy walking, but by the 4th day I was ready to come home for a rest. I hope this helps, I know that I used these reviews before we decided where to go but ignored the people that said there was too much walking because I figured they were just complainers…oops.

Room Tip: If you are getting a standard room, pick one in the Colonial, it is more central.
3 Thank Diana_in_the_bin
ColonialKantenah, Gerente at Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Dear DRNA,

Thank you for taking time to share with us your feedback about your vacation.

We appreciate so much your comments for improve our service.

Please, if you decide to visit us in the future, don't hesitate to contact with us.