Overall, a wonderful trip.
1) amazing jungle environment, with beautiful birds, coati, iguana running around. The sounds of the many birds singing in the AM was so peaceful on the beach walk
2) excellent food--not gourmet, but just a notch below, which is saying something when they are serving food en masse like this. The a la cartes are all great, they really try hard to make it a dining experience with ambience, nicely presented food etc
3) snorkeling is quite good just off the beach, free equipment loaners
4) lovely well maintained pools
5) great spa area, no kids allowed in the quiet spa pool, multiple jacuzzis, top notch gym room
6) staff generally very eager to please, cheerful
7) unlike other resorts I've been to, despite being at 100% full booking the place never felt crowded at the beach/rooms. Could always find a chair near beach/pool, though sometimes mid day a bit tough to do so. Wait in a la cartes could be up to an hour or so, but what's the rush with the bars?
A few cons:
1) rooms are dated, but clean and serve the purpose (to sleep, get ready to enjoy the resort)
2) beach is very rocky in most places so difficult to get into the water, though in some places once you get in above your knees the rocks stop. (of course the rocks are part of what makes this area great to snorkel
1) interesting diversity of visitors, at least in this early April trip. Many Spanish, British and about 1/4 American/Canadian, with a smattering of Mexican visitors and random other Europeans. This made it fun, however also meant more smoking (but none in any restaurants so not such a big deal).
2) topless allowed on the beach--only a few each day that I saw, but my 14 year old boy made a note of it certainly.
3) as others have said it is big and walking is necessary, but the trams that run can cut that down quite a bit. the size adds to the fun, exploring.
4) compared to two Dreams resorts I've stayed in previously in Mexico, the service here was slightly inferior in a handful of ways, but the grounds were nicer and the food as good or better
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium Kantenah are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa, with the exception of the Royal Suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Palladium Hotel Group, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kantenah Palladium Grand
- Grand Palladium Kantenah Hotel
- Palladium Mexico
- Palladium Grand Resort
- Hotel Grand Palladium Kantenah
- Palladium Kantenah
- Grand Maya Palladium Riviera
- Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort Spa
- g Palladium Kantenah
- Grand Palladium Mayan