We (my mother and two teens, 15 and 13) stayed at the Kantenah March 6 to 10, 2012. This was my first time at an all-inclusive so I can't compare with other experiences but this one was very good overall.
Check-in: Good although for some reason they took a couple ahead of us. (They asked if we were a couple and obviously not, so the couple went ahead of us. Not clear why...) The room was not ready when we checked in around one but we were able to change in washrooms close to the lobby and have lunch at the buffet. I had e-mailed ahead of time with a request for rooms close together and on the second or third floor (to avoid the bugs), which we got. (I had initially booked a junior suite but the hotel gave us two rooms instead when they learned of our set up, which was very nice and appreciated. In retrospect, it would not have been a good idea to have 4 women share a single bathroom!)
Food: very good overall. They have 8 restaurants to choose from and we liked most of the ones we tried. We liked the Mexican best (although the wait is very long) followed (for my kids) by the Brazlian. The Italian was very nice as well, especially if you can get a seat outside. Ribs 'n More probably not worth it, at least if you're going for the ribs. (Definitely not the fall-of-the-bones we're used to.) The breakfast and lunch buffets are pretty much the same every day but that was not a big issue given the variety. (We did go to a buffet one evening when the wait seemed too long at a restaurant but we regretted it.)
Staff: overall friendly and nice. Wait staff at the restaurants were nicest, but it was hard to get a smile out of the front desk staff. The people at the concierge desks were also very nice but the one person I asked about the shows in the evening was not well informed and couldn't tell me what was on when. She directed me to a sign at the front desk with show times but that was not very informative as far as knowing what type of show it was. Overall though, most were nice and accommodating.
Rooms: good size and generally clean. I would say that the bathroom in the room I shared with my son could have used more attention as far as cleaning is concerned but it was not dirty by any means. The cleaning lady who looked after the room my mom and daugther stayed in was more attentive.
Beach: very good, with only a few rocky spots. It was fun to feed the fish. We never had a problem finding four free chairs.
Pool: a very large pool at the Kantenah, never crowded with lots of activities in the day time.
Property: it's a large place and there's a lot of walking. I didn't mind it personally but something to be aware of. There is a train that goes from lobby to lobby and smaller ones that travel the grounds to the rooms, which is nice when you don't feel like walking. Lots of pretty butterflies, birds, and iguanas. It was fun to walk on the boardwalks and have nature surrounding us. The property is generally very clean.
Check-out: my only major complaint was that even though we had booked a porter to come get us and our luggage at 5:30, they were tardy to show up. I had to actually go to the lobby and remind them that we needed to be picked up. There was no one at the porter desk so it's lucky I caught a porter (there seemed to be only on working at that time) and asked him to go pick up my mom and kids. This did not seem to be an unusual situation as other families had booked a porter who never showed up and ended up walking to the lobby with their luggage.
Overall, a great experience! I would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa is located on a spectacular, private Caribbean beach-front complex that boasts of 800 meters of white, fine sand and turquoise blue waters. Guests of the Grand Palladium Kantenah are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa, with the exception of the Royal Suite facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Palladium Hotel Group, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Evoline ltd, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kantenah Palladium Grand
- Grand Palladium Kantenah Hotel
- Palladium Mexico
- Palladium Grand Resort
- Hotel Grand Palladium Kantenah
- Palladium Kantenah
- Grand Maya Palladium Riviera
- Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort Spa
- g Palladium Kantenah
- Grand Palladium Mayan