Travelled to this hotel last easter,this was our 1st trip to this particular hotel, but have stayed in GBP other resorts.
Wasn't too impressed at all, as already stated dirty bathrooms,(even having to carry tissue paper round with me, as at least twice daily would visit bathroom to find no paper).
No turn down service either in Diamond section like supposed to be, large groups leaving mess around Tulum pool, which I cleared on a couple of occasions, even after notifying staff, giving them 45mins but no one came, one morning this even involved glass from a party the night before, at 9.45 still not cleared, I actually went over to a guy who was cleaning in the bushes around thre pool and asked him to clear the glass he just nodded, 30mins later I went and took the brush & dustpan from him and did it myself, whilst all the time having to warn people of the glass.
Chicken pink in middle and same with hamburgers in buffet, never been to 5 * resort, and had to inspect food before eating before, fruit bowl which was left in room that contained rotten fruit (great 1st impression)
Never any spoons set on table in Tulum buffet, always had to ask for them (what's that about), sometimes staff said no teaspoons, was given desrt spoon to stir cup of tea(nice 5*, not)
Was invited to vip meeting with Nikki and others told them of problems, they just smiled, before I left resort wrote a 2 page report, of what bad experiences I had, handed it to Nikki, with my email address, never got a reply. The point is I brought to their attention to faults, would get promised by guest services they would get problems sorted, only to find next day it was still the same, I have never spent so much time on holiday, trying to get what I had paid for, it seems guest services promise but cant deliver.
Loved the location, and beach.
Having said all this I would go back if it was on a cheap deal, but wouldn't pay the brochure price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 pools (including 2 with Jacuzzi for relaxation) 1 Jacuzzi Large sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motorised sports (additional charge) Water activity and scuba diving centre Entertainment amphitheatres WiFi access in the lobby (1 h per day free of charge) and in rooms additional charge) 1 buffet restaurant 3 a la carte restaurants 6 Bars Snack-Bar Wedding gazebo Dolphinarium (additional charge) Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 978 rooms including 4 types: Superior, Superior Junior Suite, Superior Club Hacienda and Club Hacienda Junior Suite. The Junior Suites are larger than the Superior rooms. Room facilities: King size bed (Superior Junior Suites) or 2 full size beds Sitting area (Superior Junior Suites) Fully-equipped bathroom: shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Hydromassage bath tub (Superior Junior Suites) Bathroom amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Radio alarm clock Flat screen satellite TV Mini-bar (included) Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Hacienda rooms (See page 18, Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with activities for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and HotelsClick so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Tulum Bahia Principe
- Gran Bahia Tulum
- Gran Bahia Principe Tulum Akumal
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel
- Gran Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Gran Principe Tulum
- Gran Bahia Principe Mayan Riviera Resort
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Grand Bahia Principe Tulum Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico