14,835 results
All reviewspremier lobbycozumel buffetle gourmeta la cartesfishgolden lobbyplaya del carmensnack barquiet poolkids water parkakumal beachmain buffetmichael jackson showshow tableother resortsgreat resortactivity pool
Reviewed May 15, 2011

So glad we decided to: A) travel to Mexico and B) stay at this awesome resort! We've been to 4 other all-incl. in the Caribbean and this one was the best yet. First, you get 3 resorts for the price of one-Coba, Tulum and Akumel- we stayed at the Coba. It is set off the beach but please don't let this deter you! The beach is a very short walk or tram ride away and usually Coba is bit less expensive. But remember, you can use the facilities/food/pools at all three! The lobbies and landscaping are beautiful, not to mention the many huge pools in each resort. Swim up bars are convenient and I never waited for a drink-could be the season/time of year? Note: bring your own insulated cup. Every seasoned all-incl. traveler does! I will def come back to Mexico in May--less traffic at the resorts. The beach is beautiful--water was like crystal clear turquoise bath water and the on-site snorkeling at Coba Beach...incredible! We saw/petted a small sting ray and there were fish galore as well as squid. I even had a tiny crab hitch hike on my shoulder. There are iguana's everywhere at this place which adds a little extra something. I enjoyed running across little families of these critters--great photo ops! There are also 2 animals here that you won't find in the US and they reside on the resort as well. The caoti look like a rust colored racoon mixed w/ a lemur and they live in trees. There is another "thing" that looks like a small armadillo and you may catch a glimpse of one. The caoti's are more prevalant. The room we were in was a small suite w/ fridge stocked w/ beer, soft drinks, candy bars and chips daily! We left $2 per day and we got towel animals w/ flower petals on the bed every day. Huge jetted tub and marble floors. The rooms are a bit moist as stated in other posts--not sure how to get around that in the caribbean. But I got over that quickly--too many perks to dwell! And I'm a sensitive "picky" traveller too. The buffets were huge: tons of fresh fruit/veggies and a good selection of different entrees. Note: many caribbean resorts "cater" to a euro food type. You'll see some different selections than you would at a typical US buffet, but you will find many things you'll like and it's a great opportunity to try new food! If you have kids there are many friendly foods for them also. Definitely do an ala carte restaurant though. Had the best grouper fish ever at Pescado's. The experience as well as "non-stop" food on a sword at the Brazilian restaurant La Gran Tortuna was fantastic. The sirloin and filet mignon was awesome, but the rotisserie pineapple?!! INCREDIBLE! The japanese restaurant Mikodo puts on a show--be sure to request a show table/grill--and food is good too. I only have 2 negative comments regarding food at the resort: sushi and any cold seafood salads should be kept really cold at all times and they need to get a little better w/ coffee service for breakfast. This place is massive and they have shops in every resort here. The tulum complex has a hacienda where there are tons of shops. We never left the resort and I'm sure you can get cheaper things off resort. The nightly entertainment was typical but better than most until you see the Michael Jackson show-wow! This guy's face has been surgically altered to look like MJ and he danced/imitated MJ so well it was a bit creepy! But that show was really great!!! And before each show there is an area where they do Latin dancing outdoors and this was very popular. It's like an outside small disco and with a tropical breeze, authentic music and a Bahia Principe (house drink) in your hand...paradise! Yes, there are many workers here that do not speak english and if they do it's very little. But they will bend over backwards to accomodate and the language barrier was never,ever an issue. I've been in other resorts where the workers have long forgotten how lucky they are to be employed and are downright arrogant or just ignore you. This is not the place for that!! I was nervous to travel to Mexico but those fears are squashed. Common sense people. Again, fabulous experience and will most definitely be back again...and again...and again..............

3  Thank jbandcorn
GuestServicePr, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Bahia Principe Coba, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2011

Dear 'jbandcorn',

Let me take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your experience! I do really appreciate your comment as your feedback helps us to continously improve.

Please let me inform you that we already implemented several language courses into our education program. Furthermore I will make sure that our Chef Monsieur Jean Luc will be informed about your concern in regard to the cold food, so he can show response and react immediately.

Please feel free to get in touch with me anytime if there is anything I can do for you. It will be an honor to welcoming you here again!

Have a fantastic day,

Guest Service Manager

Reviewed May 15, 2011

Terrible service all around. People masturbating in the pools and staff doing nothing about it even after asking them. Food got very tiring at the Buffett as it was the same spread night after night. No one was eager to serve you even after tipping. Pool stop circulating after 5pm and we shed a employee why and they Dave no answer. Pools were terribly under circulated and filtered for the load. Pool hAd a disgusting yellow tinge to them at all times. Stay away from this resort. Rumor has it is under new management and it shows!!!

• Stayed: April 2011
9  Thank 123google123
Reviewed May 15, 2011

This was my third time traveling to the GBP Coba to teach Zumba with Rita Sark. Each time just continues to get better. The minute you arrive at the resort you are made to feel like family. The grounds are so well maintained and the staff are some of the hardest working people you'll ever meet. It feels like home whenever I arrive. We taught Zumba twice daily and the sports and entertainment staff were always ready to join in to help us get the crowd into it. We were able to get great crowds and repeat guests who joined in regularly. We met so many wonderful people. The sports and entertainment staff were absolutely wonderful to work with and so good at their jobs. Bow Wow was always able to capture the attention of the guests with his great personality. The DJ Pedro is so talented and was a pleasure to work with. After two weeks, I was not ready to come home. It is always a wonderful experience and it gets bigger and better each year. This year, we had 20 people from our hometown join us and we hope that doubles even triples next year. I love this resort so much and the people who work there.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Julesw28

Dear 'Jules',

On behalf of the entire Gran Bahia Principe Coba family, I would like to say 'Thank you' for sharing your comments and for informing us about your stay.

Please be ensured that I will forward your words on to our Sports & Entertainment Manager who will then appreciate the work of Ms. Rita and Dj Pedro.

Please feel free to contact us anytime as we will be honored to welcoming you here again,

I wish you all the best,

Guest Service Manager Premier

Reviewed May 14, 2011

They really rolled out the red carpet for us this time with a fruit basket and a bottle of sparkling in the room. It was a great another stay.

This stay was better than the rest. Why? Weather in May was better than November. They have zumba classes now (twice a day) and my fiancee loves zumba. We got added room amenities (like slippers) because we were return guests. Our location was better.

People ask me why I have been to this resort three times in the last year and a half and here's what I tell them:
The food is awesome.
There are so many activities to do in the area (parks, cenotes, ruins, tours). Never a dull moment and I'm a scuba diver.
The staff is awesome, we love being recognized by those who we have built relationships with.
The beach is great, great snorkeling this trip.

Cons: Hmmm, we found a few dead cockroaches and the air con was a little non-existent...

Will we be back?
Definitely.
I am quite sure that for this price, I will never ever find better...

2  Thank sekaitraveller
GuestServicePr, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Bahia Principe Coba, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2011

Dear 'sekaitraveller',

We would like to thank you for this feedback and for taking some of your valuable time to get back to us this way.

Please let me ask you get back to me via email and to inform me which room you have stayed in. Therefore I will be able to do some immediate follow-up.

Please do not hesitate to contact for me anything, anytime. We will be honored to welcomeing you again at our Gran Bahia Principe Coba,

My kindest regards,

Guest Service Manager Premier

Reviewed May 14, 2011

My Husband and I just got back from a 5 night 6 day vacation at the Gran Bahia Principe Coba. We had a total amazing time! I highly reccomend booking through EXPEDIA. When booking with Expedia you are upgraded to Gold status. We were waited on Hand and foot, especially when they seen our gold wristbands. We went for our Anniversary. I emailed guest services 2 weeks prior to our arrival (highly reccommend) I made all of our A La Cart Reservations (with the gold, you get an extra dinner) , asked some general questions, and let them know that we were coming there for our Anniversary. They sent a huge beautiful flower arrangement to our room the evening of our Anniversary and another bottle of Champagne (when we first got to our room after check out, there was the first bottle in our room). The service we received was top notch!! The resort was beautiful. We never left the resort, there is so much to do there, we didn't even see everything the resorts have to offer. We had 4 A La Cart dinners, they were fabulous! We both absolutely loved the selection of all the different types of foods, so tasty! Loved having a 24 hour snack bar. The drinks were wonderful! We will definately be back next year!

1  Thank Teresa5858