We just returned from our 14 day (Apr 28 - May 12) stay at GBP Coba. This was our first (but not last) trip to Riviera Maya and we are very impressed with the Gran Bahia Principe Resort property. The purpose of our travel was for our wedding, which took place May 3 on Akumal Beach. Everything from the check-in process to the check-out process was smooth. The staff at these resorts are phenomenal!! Shout out to Luis Eduardo Perez, a Guest Service Manager, at the Coba resort. He was our saviour...long story short a few of my guests got really drunk off tequila (& hot sun) and Luis assisted them in getting better. He also helped me as I was worried/stressed about my sick friends + upcoming wedding that I fainted outside the lobby and Luis was there to help. Thank you Luis and the rest of the staff at GBP Coba!!!
Our room was clean and didn't smell too musty - this is hard to avoid since it is so humid. We were in villa 26a room 32617. We liked our room because it was very close to the quiet pool, away from the activity pool but we found it a bit far from the main lobby. However it's fairly close to the Premier Lobby (Akumal) and the little shops near there. We found the food at the main buffet excellent!!! We tried all the main buffets (Tulul, & Akumal) and we liked Coba the most. We tried 6 of the 11 à la carte restaurants and we found them all mediocre...but if I had to choose I would say Mikado was the best. The decor in that restaurant is different from the others. The Coba Beach is beautiful, but go early if you want chairs under the huts. It gets hot so shade is definitely needed. During our 2 week stay we went to Playa del Carmen for shopping on 5th Avenue and to Xel-Ha. We wanted to do more but it was just so hard to get out of the relaxation mode. Xel-Ha was a lot of fun. We snorkelled a lot and saw many types of fishes as well as floating down a river on tubes, ziplining into the water and rope walk.
We enjoyed our vacation/wedding so much!!! We're looking forward to visiting again, maybe next year, for our anniversary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 2 lake-style pools 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace and gardens with sun umbrellas and loungers Pool and beach towel service BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, basketball court, bicycles Motorised sports (additional charge) Water activity centre Entertainment amphitheatre WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) Buffet restaurant 4 a la carte restaurants 7 Bars 2 Snack bar Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest. Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco Rooms 1080 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Club Golden Junior Suite, Family Junior Suite and Master Family Suite. Room facilities: Two full size beds or a king size bed Sitting area with sofa Fully-equipped bathroom with hydromassage bath tub, shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Radio alarm clock Flat screen satellite TV Mini-bar Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set Terrace Wifi Family Junior Suites and Master Family Suites the perfect choice for families, including: All the facilities and services of a Junior Suite Bathrobes and slippers for all the family for use during your stay Children's bath kit Welcome basket with sweets Mini-bar with juices, shakes, milk and soft drinks for children Two fully independent connecting rooms (Master Family Suites) Club Golden Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Teen's Club (11 - 16 years) Baby Station Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Coba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Akumal
- Hotel Gran Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Coba Mexico
- Gran Bahia Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Resort Coba
- Gran Bahia Principe Coba Hotel
- Gran Principe
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Bahia Coba
- Grand Bahia Principe Coba Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico