Despite the unseasonally cold weather this past week, we had a lovely holiday at the Palladium Colonial. On the cold days, we planned walks down the beach, into town, the hot tub at the Spa and excursions. We spent several days on the beach - every minute that the sun was out (not often this week)!
Room - nice
Beach - white sand, rocky past the shoreline (bring your water shoes) but still worth going in - we saw jumping fish all around us - amazing experience - you can snorkel right off the beach in the reef area
Getting around - the resort is large - especially if you want to enjoy the great restaurants and pools on the other 3 resorts - we walked off our buffet food every day - only took the shuttle once - not a great resort if you have difficulty walking
Boat tour - we took a lovely 20-minute plantoon boat tour at the White Sands - it picked us up right off the lobby area - especially nice at night
Getting around town - consider taking the local bus to Playa del Carmen or Tulum (price was $2ish US compared to $23ish for a taxi)
Food - the a la carte restaurants are great (Japanese had a grill show at our table, Brazilian offered 8 courses of meat - just a fun approach to good food)
Tours - the excursion to Coba was great - it is the only pyramid that you can still climb (all 120 uneven steps) - also included was a trip to see Mayan homes - another great outing was a bus (or taxi) trip to Playa del Carmen which lights up at night. It really comes to life - good music, great food, cheap massages ($30 for an hour), plenty of great silver jewellery.
I really can't say a bad thing about this resort - or about the Mayan Riviera!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa is located sea front with superb access to the beach and is only 20 minutes from Playa del Carmen. Guests are invited to use the facilities provided by the adjoining Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, and the Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, Hotel.de, Agoda, HRS, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Riviera Hotel Akumal
- Grand Palladium Riviera Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Riviera Maya
- Hotel Grand Palladium Riviera
- Grand Palladium Riveria
- Gran Palladium Riviera
- Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico