“Mother Daughter Trip of a life time”
other travellers have booked this property
Casa Que Canta as seen from the beach
Open living with 'Tikal' stone floors througout One of the guest bathrooms - fully tiled - spacious
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Casa Que Canta as seen from the beach
Open living with 'Tikal' stone floors througout
One of the guest bathrooms - fully tiled - spacious
Small roof top plunge pool.Really nice on a hot day.
Upper terrace - over looks ocean - great place to read a book
View of beach from the villa
Guest bedroom with hand made hardwood furntiture througout
Beach in front of villa
Kitchen with stone floor and Verde Tikal counters
Ground level courtyard and garden area
Guided fishing available on site - Carlos has never missed in having guests catch fish.
Guests on the beach - they plan on coming back again next year.
Living room in one of the villa units
Sunset as seen from Master bedrooms
Living room with stone inlaid floor - relax - watch TV - read a book - listen to the waves.
Courtyard area between the villas- turtles in the fountain - kids love them.
Boat palapa at rear of property for fishing charters
Master bedroom
Beach Barbeque.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

French first
Any
Amanda K
“Mother Daughter Trip of a life time”
Reviewed November 29, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

This place is absolutely amazing. Private beach, just a 10 minutes drive to the cute little town of Mahahual (good shopping, scubba diving, ect). Our Veladors (Sandra and Emanuel) took such good care of us, making us traditional ceveche and cooking us FRESH lobster caught just earlier that day. Arranging for a professional masseuse to come to the house for Massages on the beach. Arranging for us to have a private day tour of the Mayan Ruins, Kayaking a gorgeous pristine lake of 7 colors and finishing the day with a pineapple plantation tour all with food and drinks included for a very reasonable price. After a few days of adventures the roof top dipping pool and tanning lounge was my favorite spot to just relax and enjoy the 360 degree view around the property, with the ocean to the east and the lush green jungle to the west. My mother and I stayed for a week and it almost just didn't seem like enough, I am going to come back and bring all the girls! I would recommend this place to every one of my friends and relatives.

Travelling group: Other
Management Response
30 Nov 2016
Thanks for the great review. Look forward to having you visit us again.
Joe
Debi S
“NOT WHAT WE EXPECTED”
Reviewed December 4, 2015 for a stay in November 2015
people found this review helpful

the owner, Joe is a nice enuf guy but there was some very serious issues happening during our stay at this rental home.
1. Both water heaters blew before we arrived and there was no hot water for 2 days on the one side and 3 days on the other side.
2. The pots, pans, dishes and utensils were well used, battered, melted, rusted and generally of little use. I am sure they are dollar store brands as well as they were extremely flimsy. The non stick on the frying pans has very little non stick left. Hazard to your health. There were cobwebs and greasy film on the dishes when we arrived and everything needed a cleaning before we could use it.
3. We never had the place to ourselves. Joe stayed at the home the whole time we were there, using the facilities, slept on the couch at least once, helped himself to the ice, used his computer etc. He said he had a palapa in the back but it must not have any electricity, nor washrooms, etc.
4. He brought his friends thru the home, while we were there showing the units to them.
5. He continually came in behind us and turned the fans off while were there. My grandson was sleeping on the couch and he came in and turn them off even while he lay there sleeping. I had turned the fans on one morningthen turned the kettle on for coffee, left the room to get my phone and when I returned there was Joe in the fridge and had turned the fans off, again!
5. There were no drapes on the master suite patio doors. It was impossible to take a nap during the day, we were woken up in the middle of night several times during the first few days of arrival as there were several thunder/lightening storms coming thru. There was also the constant feeling of being exposed and therefore it was not a comfortable time in the rooms.
6. I had some concerns about the seagrass after hearing about it in the news, Joe assured us that it was no longer a concern and had been taken care of,,,,not!
It was impossible to keep up with it and to make it worse there was tons of garbage mixed in with it. Emmanuel cleaned it up most mornings but it soon piled up again.
We were a party of 10 adults, none of us would return and none of us would recommend staying here.
Sandra & Emmanuel are wonderful caretakers and were given an impossible job to keep up the place by themselves.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
5 Dec 2015
For five years we have received nothing but excellent reviews from guests. During their stay none of the above was brought up by anyone - in point of fact when I asked how things were going those I spoke to said that other than a lot of rain they were very happy. The water heaters did go bad, however, we replaced both with new ones immediately the following day. We had almost constant storms that week with very large waves which of course brings in trash to any beach. We cleaned it constantly and when the storms let up the beaches were fine. I not only own but manage the villa and given the water heater problem and many questions from many in the group about things to do and where to eat I made my self available. I was often invited in to chat or offered a beer from members of the group. All the above complaints were made "after" they left giving me no chance to address them and were accompanied by a demand for a 50% refund of the rental. I provided a 16% refund due to the water heater problem and as a good faith effort to address the concerns that were all made by one member of the group that did not seem to represent the feelings of all that stayed. Look at my other reviews from multiple families over the years. If you rent long enough it is not possible to please everyone. It is interesting the review makes no mention of my providing a large refund based on complaints made after their departure.
Seekkingd...
Ohio
“Worthy”
Reviewed January 5, 2015 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

beautiful place, nice caretaker. Just a little bit too far from Cancun, wonderful place if you want to experience really Mexico.

Travelling group: Friends
bevyj1200...
Fort Frances, Canada
“Best trip ever”
Reviewed December 31, 2011 for a stay in December 2011
people found this review helpful

We had the most wonderful time at the Casa Que Canta! You have the greatest staff!!!!! I can’t say enough about them. They went above and beyond to make our trip one of the best we have ever had! Carlos took the fellows out fishing, they caught 6 barracuda which we ate. They were delicious. The guys had a ball out there, even though it poured rain for the last hour they were out, they still appreciated the time they had. Your home is beautiful, the grounds are spectacular and everything was just as it looked in the website we booked our trip on.
Sandra and Manuel’s children were home for Xmas vacation which was wonderful because we had children as well and they all got together and had so much fun, even the language barrier didn’t deter from the fun they had, from playing soccer, to water fights to just playing in the water and on the beach. It was especially great because our little 4 year old had more fun than he would have had, if it weren’t for the children being there. Christmas Eve on the beach was something that we will never forget! Singing Christmas carols, some in Spanish and most in English! I can’t say enough about this trip.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Long drive from Cancun
Travelling group: Family with Teenagers
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
White Bear Lake Minnesota
Reviewed September 19, 2011 for a stay in April 2010

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 55-64

Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Your age range 18-24
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing