“Extremely rude staff”
Review of Hotel Zaci

Hotel Zaci
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Valladolid
Reviewed 11 October 2017

The hotel looks nice and probably could be a perfect place to stay in Valladolid but... the staff was extremely rude! Probably we were cheated, they charged us more then they told when we asked about the price. We were waiting FIVE hours until they fix the toilet which was broken.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 September 2017

The best part of this hotel is that it is very convenient to take local transportation to Chichen Itza (45 mins) or Coba Ruins (1 hour) and the ADO Bus station back to Cancun/airport.

Hotel grounds are quite beautiful. The staff are helpful and friendly enough. Its best to have at least some basic Spanish to communicate with them.

The restaurant was not open during my 3 day stay.

The room is fine and standard. You have to pay a fee to have access to the TV remove control however, I didn't need it. The shower was okay, but didn't water didn't warm up. The toilet didn't flush properly. The hotel did provide bar soap and a shampoo packet.

The hotel room had a ceiling fan and an air conditioning unit. Both the fan and a/c were very loud and made it difficult for me to sleep.

Unfortunately I had a horrible fall at this hotel. The property flooring is majority smooth tiles. One afternoon I was returning to my room on the second floor when the rain was pouring down. Although i was using caution to walk, I slipped on the tile so hard onto my back.

I'm not sure how the other hotels in the area are...maybe similar, not sure.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 July 2017

Prior to checking into this hotel we read a review (on Facebook?) which said that the beds and pillows were extremely comfortable. My 16 yr old said that the review had to be fake, noone said such great things about a hotel bed and pillows. We shrugged him off and booked a room at the Hotel Zaci. He was right! The beds were the worst EVER! My husband wanted to get up in the middle of the night and leave. We got NO sleep. The pillows were also terrible. The front desk lady who checked is in was less than friendly. The amenities were minimal. The room had a musty, funky smell. We wanted wifi in the room, and we did get that. The pool and courtyard seemed nice and well maintained, and there were workers painting and performing maintenance. If you need a comfortable bed and pillow, this is not the place for you.

Room Tip: Check the quality of the bed and pillows before booking here
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

-ves
Receptionist was rude. Spoke no English at all which made check in difficult. She gave us the key to our room and pointed in its general direction without looking up from the desk. We checked in at 15:30 and our room was unmade and uncleaned from the last guests. So we had to go back to the desk and attemp to communicate this. We didn't think water was provided but found it hidden around the corner on our second last day. There is no fridge, kettle or coffee making facilities in the rooms.
When we used the shower it flooded whole bathroom.

+ves
Air con worked well
Beds were comfortable
Good location- central
Pool clean

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2017

We chose to visit Valladolid as from there early in the morning we could visit Chizen Itza. I liked the colonial style of this hotel and felt very relaxed and comfortable there.It is an easy few minutes walk to the bus station and to the town centre. I swam a couple of times in the pool and it felt like our own private pool as no one else was swimming and it was right outside our room. There is a small restaurant for breakfasts that closes mid afternoon. The only downside was that after our visit to Chizen Itza we went back for a swim and planned to eat a late lunch as we had missed out on breakfast but it was shut.

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed 20 April 2017

I was looking for a quieter hotel but at a reasonable price and close to the city square. Hotel Zaci was perfect! They gave me a room that was on the 2nd floor and in the very back. There's a nice pool, the rooms are airy, light and clean. I could see the cathedral from my floor, which was quite impressive at night. The bed was so comfortable- the pillows too! (this might sound odd to mention, but when you're travelling a lot then pillows become rather important - as do mattresses!) The staff were friendly and helpful and the whole ambiance of the place is great. There are people of all ages and families too. I loved listening to the children playing in the pool - having a good time. There was also a huge closet where I could put both my suitcases and my clothes!

Stayed: March 2017
Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

Hotel Zaci is a charming, colonial-style building, with beautiful lobby, grounds, and pool. Overall hotel and rooms are impeccably clean. Bathroom was nice / new, though no soap was supplied, and we needed to request additional towels. I could have asked for soap but we had brought our own. Though breakfast is not included, it was available for about 80 MXD/person. Location is short walking distance to ADO bus station, town square, shops, restaurants, and Cenote Zaci. Beds were rather firm. Pillows were inadequately flat, and the bedding stiff/ not soft. Room safe available, however ours was unusable, due to prior room occupant not leaving it open (necessary to reset code). Hotel staff did not have master key handy to open it. They offered to get it by next day. We ended up locking valuables in a suitcase. Overall, safe, pleasant accommodations, though not luxurious.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family