Hotel Zaci
US$73
US$62
El Meson del Marques(Valladolid)
US$54
Hostel Candelaria(Valladolid)(Great Value!)
US$41
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe busolder hotelshort walking distancerooms are basicrooms facefirst floorceiling fannice poolair conditioningno elevatorcenote zaciideal locationtown squarenight's sleephotel roomfew minutes walkstayed two nights
Reviewed October 11, 2017

The hotel looks nice and probably could be a perfect place to stay in Valladolid but... the staff was extremely rude! Probably we were cheated, they charged us more then they told when we asked about the price. We were waiting FIVE hours until they fix the toilet which was broken.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2017

The best part of this hotel is that it is very convenient to take local transportation to Chichen Itza (45 mins) or Coba Ruins (1 hour) and the ADO Bus station back to Cancun/airport.

Hotel grounds are quite beautiful. The staff are helpful and friendly enough. Its best to have at least some basic Spanish to communicate with them.

The restaurant was not open during my 3 day stay.

The room is fine and standard. You have to pay a fee to have access to the TV remove control however, I didn't need it. The shower was okay, but didn't water didn't warm up. The toilet didn't flush properly. The hotel did provide bar soap and a shampoo packet.

The hotel room had a ceiling fan and an air conditioning unit. Both the fan and a/c were very loud and made it difficult for me to sleep.

Unfortunately I had a horrible fall at this hotel. The property flooring is majority smooth tiles. One afternoon I was returning to my room on the second floor when the rain was pouring down. Although i was using caution to walk, I slipped on the tile so hard onto my back.

I'm not sure how the other hotels in the area are...maybe similar, not sure.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed July 20, 2017

Prior to checking into this hotel we read a review (on Facebook?) which said that the beds and pillows were extremely comfortable. My 16 yr old said that the review had to be fake, noone said such great things about a hotel bed and pillows. We shrugged him off and booked a room at the Hotel Zaci. He was right! The beds were the worst EVER! My husband wanted to get up in the middle of the night and leave. We got NO sleep. The pillows were also terrible. The front desk lady who checked is in was less than friendly. The amenities were minimal. The room had a musty, funky smell. We wanted wifi in the room, and we did get that. The pool and courtyard seemed nice and well maintained, and there were workers painting and performing maintenance. If you need a comfortable bed and pillow, this is not the place for you.

Room Tip: Check the quality of the bed and pillows before booking here
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2017 via mobile

-ves
Receptionist was rude. Spoke no English at all which made check in difficult. She gave us the key to our room and pointed in its general direction without looking up from the desk. We checked in at 15:30 and our room was unmade and uncleaned from the last guests. So we had to go back to the desk and attemp to communicate this. We didn't think water was provided but found it hidden around the corner on our second last day. There is no fridge, kettle or coffee making facilities in the rooms.
When we used the shower it flooded whole bathroom.

+ves
Air con worked well
Beds were comfortable
Good location- central
Pool clean

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed May 25, 2017

We chose to visit Valladolid as from there early in the morning we could visit Chizen Itza. I liked the colonial style of this hotel and felt very relaxed and comfortable there.It is an easy few minutes walk to the bus station and to the town centre. I swam a couple of times in the pool and it felt like our own private pool as no one else was swimming and it was right outside our room. There is a small restaurant for breakfasts that closes mid afternoon. The only downside was that after our visit to Chizen Itza we went back for a swim and planned to eat a late lunch as we had missed out on breakfast but it was shut.

Stayed: May 2017