“Restaurant Review”

and 1 more site!
Costa de Cocos
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Xcalak
Reviewed 26 February 2012

The restaurant at Cost de Cocos is open to the public, and we have eaten there twice. We happened to have pizza both times, although there is much more on the menu than pizza, and the food at the other tables looked quite good & the people that I spoke with spoke well of it. The price was very reasonable, and we were told that they will deliver to the local area - but we did not try that.
Initially, I had given this just an average rating - as the pizza was OK (but, not wonderful)......but, I changed it to very good, because - considering that you are in a fishing village 8 miles from the border of Belize - - - and, as we ordered it twice - - - it's was pretty good.
I'd happily eat at Costa de Cocos again, and would not hesitate to order other things on the menu.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Phil1ip

Reviewed 29 November 2011

I spent a week at Costa de Cocos just before thanksgiving. The accommodations are very clean, quiet and comfortable...also quaint. The fishing was simply put....just great......so much water and so few boats...lots of options in terms of places and species. If you are looking for great value and exceptional service....this is the place.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank randh49
Reviewed 17 November 2011

We stayed at Costa de Cocos in April of 2011 and had a great experience. We were the only divers there along with a group of fishermen. The cabanas were comfortable and clean and the food at the restaurant was great. Staff was super friendly and accommodating. Would definitley recommend this as a place to stay.

Room Tip: It's a 5 hour drive from Cancun down to Xcalak but worth it to get away from the crowds and it...
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SSRossVernon
Reviewed 6 October 2011

I spent some time here a few years back and loved it. Sometimes I find myself daydreaming about my time; the white sand, chilled vibes, friendly and entertaining staff, lovely warm sea and the unspoilt diving. I hear the fishing is quite good too but would much rather swim around with 2m tarpon in La Poza then try and land a little nipper on a hook!

It is one of few places that I really want to pay a return visit to. I hope the tacos are still as good as they always were!

Room Tip: Get a room with a view - all of them!
  • Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank james l
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I have been going here for years... What a great getaway place. Great food too.. I love going down to Mexico, doing the action tourist thing and finishing my last days here. Great place to relax and recharge. Bring a book, or someone you love, you won’t be disappointed. The diving and fishing is great also. They will take you fishing and cook your catch for you also.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank NSDNorthShore
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Loved everything about it!! Snorkeling out at the Reef was fantastic!!! Saw Dolphins on the day trip to Belize! That was a beautiful boat ride. Fly fishing was fun, even though I can't cast very well! It is so beautiful out there! The food at Costa de Cocas is absolutely the Best!!! Great friendly staff , clean accomidations! Going back, as soon as I can! Love it there! Brad and Denise , Silverton Oregon

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Djsbas
Reviewed 25 September 2011

My wife and I hadn't gotten away alone for almost 5 years so we decided to take a late summer break and visit Mexico. I had visited the Yucatan previously and knew the beaches there to be pristine and warm. We did not want another large hotel experience and decided to try a B & B and fishing resort with some reservation on my wife’s part.

The place was stellar. Everything was perfect. The place, the room, the service, the breakfasts, local information and the wonderful people who own and run everything. Dave and Illana are right there with knowledge and ability to guide you in fishing, diving or just eating and relaxing in a hut near the beach with cooling breezes and spectacular views. This is what getting-away-from-it-all looked like a generation ago. The XM radio was the most tech thing to be had. This is a little far to drive from Cancun but it is well worth the effort.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GDGTexas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Xcalak
26.8 km away
37.6 km away
Las Terrazas Resort
Las Terrazas Resort
#10 of 55 in San Pedro

Been to Costa de Cocos? Share your experiences!