All reviews fish tacos fly fishing craft beer spoke good english breakfast was included staff person pale ale well worth the effort salt water windy days hot shower air flow out of the way baby tarpon fishing guide isn t peace and quiet
Reviewed March 28, 2018

We borrowed the kayaks and tied up to floats in front and experienced great snorkeling. Wonderful staff and amazing food. Their pizza is a must try. This was our third stop in our 5 week trip and we enjoyed it the most. We did not fly fish but heard excellent reports from guests that went. Well worth the drive and I'd love to go back. The only thing we missed was not being able to find bike rentals.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed March 22, 2018

We liked the place very much and they have some interesting home brewed beers. Nice shrimp tacos, chicken fingers, guacamole and pizza's. Recommended.
Cann't say anything about the hotel huts as we only went to the place for dinner.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank wil298
Reviewed February 22, 2018

My wife and I recently got back from a 6 day stay at Costa de Cocos. Our primary focus was fly fishing and spent 4 guided days of fishing with Rueben. He was a excellent guide, patient and very knowledgeable. Unlike many guides in Mexico and Belize, Rueben loves to fly fish and he ties his own flies. He got my wife into her first sight fished bone fish and baby tarpon, fishing for both of us was good, and real fun, that's what it's all about. Not a lot of people made it nice, there are so many flats to explore we rarely saw another boat.

The entire staff at the resort was excellant, very friendly, helpful and spoke good english. The food was real good, try the lobster pizza. The rooms are fine, rustic but have everthing you need, a bed and a hot shower. There is no AC but ours was close to the ocean so we got a nice "breeze."

I would have given this place a excellant review but it needs updated. Other than some cosmetic alterations, and maybe a new kayak, the staff, guides and fishing was excellant. I think I can finally get my permit there.

Room tip: Get a room by the ocean
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2018

It's a long drive but in my opinion well worth the effort. Our room was very nice everything that you needed. The restaurant was great the carrot soup is the best ever, and the pizza great oh and the fresh fish of the day wow. Breakfast was more then needed. Rubin was a wonderful waiter but his experience as a fishing guide was above the line he was great and thought my my wife how to fly fish and catch bonefish all I can say is we had a great trip and look forward to doing it again

Reviewed October 17, 2017

We had some great food here and a nice time talking with the owner, David. The craft porter was outstanding, nice roasted flavor and rich. I had a Pale Ale which was also outstanding, though I am more of an IPA fan, they don't always have that. He also let us try his bourbon and vodka. It's not every day that you get those handmade! I think it was the first bourbon that I have ever liked, very smooth.
The shrimp tacos were huge, so big I couldn't finish them, and a great deal at $7. The garlic shrimp was the same price, and my husband said they were very tasty. He ate them so fast I didn't get to try them. The only complaint we had was that he wanted more than he got, but he is a seafood fiend, and it was a good amount for the price.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple