“Love it!!!”

Bahia Divers
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Xpu-Ha
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a PADI 5 STAR Dive Center specializing in private and personalized diving. We are proud to offer adventures within the Caribbean Ocean and also Technical diving in the Yucatan’s Cenotes and Caverns. The Center offers special packages for private groups of friends, University educational seminars and those who wish to be educateed themselves, in the exciting world of PADI diving. You may request a personal, private diving experience, where you will be provided a guide within your chosen language. All of our instructors are DAN (Diving Emergency Specialist) certified, to ensure your safety, at ALL times. We are also a direct affiliate with the Playa del Carmen Hyperbaric Chamber, ensuring that you are always in good hands. We look forward to welcoming you, to our enchanting and authentic, Caribbean bay, where you will enjoy the many activities and cultural amenities. From our sea turtle conservation ares, to our beach side dive shop, Xpu-ha serves as an amazing get away, from the hustle and bustle of the big city life. You know it's great, if the "locals" love it. We hope to see you soon!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage
Reviewed December 14, 2017

Wonderful place, amazing people, unforgettable memories... In Bahia Dive Centre I was taking the second part of PADI certification with my friend Alena. We were very fortunate to get Carlito (thank you, Carlito!) as our instructor: I felt comfortable and confident under the water due to Carlito's clear, simple and accessible explanations. We made 4 dives to complete PADI certification, but were so excited, that decided to try cenotes (thank you, Viro!).
We returned to the Bahia Dive Centre for equipment in a day after exam, I felt myself there like at home: tanks with the air at the entrance, wetsuits and BCD hanging in a row on the hangers and the bananas for hungry divers )))...
Marcos, thank you for your great organization of our dives! Adriana, thank you for your memorable photos and video. Guys, you are a great team, we'll be back! We miss you a lot (((

All reviews
"small group"
in 7 reviews
"shallow water"

Reviewed December 13, 2017 via mobile

Visited Playa Del Carmen / Tulum area for vacation and used this time to complete my 4 open water dives to complete my base level PADI open water diver course at Bahia Divers and it was fantastic. Mindi and Marcos (the owners) are great and create both a friendly AND professional atmosphere.

Krystal was my dive instructor and she was terrific. Some dive shops will assign multiple divers per instructor, but at Bahia you have small classes and often 1 on 1 instruction. I highly recommend this dive shop and the instructor.

Regards,
Riley

Reviewed December 10, 2017

We went on 2 diving / snorkeling trips with Bahia. First in the ocean. Great for diving, but too deep for snorkeling. Snorkeling from the beach was actually better.
Diving in a cenote was amazing. Based on your wishes and experience, they choose a suitable cenote. There are so many cenotes around. We choose one that was good for diving and pretty good for snorkeling. Enjoyed that very much.

Reviewed October 19, 2017

I was on Holiday at the Grand Sirenis in Sept/Oct, when I asked the Tui Reps about Cenote Diving they recommended Bahia Divers, so I booked a two dive half day trip,
On the Day the rain was torrential so it was a good day to get wet!!!
I was picked up right on time and we went straight to the dive centre to get kitted up, from there it was straight to Tajma-ha Cenote there was just me and Pasqual the instructor who gave me loads of info on the history and structure of the Cenotes as well as a full safety briefing, the dive itself was exhilarating the rock formations take on a different view from under water, Pasqual took his time to ensure I was alright and highlighted all the things of interest and at all times I felt totally safe.
The Two dives were really outstanding and took my dive total to 90 a Big thank you too Bahia Divers and in particular to Pasqual who was excellent

See more reviews
Reviewed September 2, 2017

My 13 year old son completed his PADI course in the UK so that he could dive in Mexico. We asked for a recommendation for his first sea dive and we booked with Bahia Divers. I am so glad we did so.
My son went on two dives, from the outset, the staff were especially helpful friendly and clearly knowledgable. My son loved the dives and saw a plethora of sea-life ( including ray, lionfish, barracuda and lobster). Bahia Divers, also offer Cenote dives, reef dives and wreck dives and diving courses; so there is something for everyone
Xphu Ha beach is a wonderful setting for the dive operation.
- In short, thoroughly recommended, if and when we return to the Riviera Maya we WILL use Bahia Divers to dive.