See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 18, 2018

I am not reviewing the hotel as I have not stayed there for some time but I have used the bar and restaurant.

I had the mini mixed grill, the 5oz gammon steak was burned on the bottom and its fried egg was like a rubber ball. The chicken breast was tasteless.

Service at the bar is patchy at best, having spoken to a number of regular clients this is normal.

Room Tip: Stay at the Holiday Inn Express down the road.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

This hotel has to be the worst hotel I’ve ever stayed at, should have an option for minus scoring.

The check in was very strange, almost in a small corridor and not given any information. Waking to the room I could smell a damp smell, then when I opened my door I could see why (see pics). Small room, damp all around the windows, damp & dirty nets. The bathroom had stains & damp all around the walls, ceiling and shower (see pics).

There was no soap and the bathroom floor was dirty, stains on the walls in the room & bathroom. TV was on the slant and small.
First hotel room in years with no phone or hairdryer.

The only good thing was the bed was comfy & I slept well.

The next morning breakfast in the adjoining pub was only served from 8am, so I got the a few minutes before 8am but they wouldn’t let me in till Bang on 8. Small selection of breakfast items, no coffee as machine was broken.
Then checking out, asked to do it by the bar and the printer wasn’t working so no receipt.

I wouldn’t stay there again if someone paid me! Disgusting hotel, damp and unclean

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

checked into the highwayman tonight and checked out again. the bedding was disgusting. period soaked mattress covers. urine soaked duvet. mould and stained pillows and only the devil himself can describe the contents on the mattress with hardly an inch of clean material on the whole thing. the manageress informed us that no refund is due as they are indeed clean as they are clean as they are washed..... they are just stains!!!!!! WOULD BE INTERESTED IN WHAT DIRTY IS IN THIS HELL HOLE.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank corallan
Reviewed August 17, 2018

The rooms are clean but there were marks on the wall, a broken tile in the bathroom and peeling paint. The floor above my room was very thin so I was woken up at midnight by the people above walking around and dropping things on the floor. There is ample free parking and the bar/restaurant has lots of inexpensive food and drink, of good quality. The staff were all friendly and helpful. Bizarely there is no soap provided- I had to nip round the corner to buy some shower gel.The room cost is low, so you get what you pay for, and if you don't mind it being less than perfect then it's a good place to stay.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

I am Staying here now and I was so worried after reading all the reviews today. I was expecting something awful. It’s fantastic. It’s clean, it’s got ensuite, all the facilities you get with any hotel and the room is nice! I have no idea why so many bad reviews! For the price (I think they could definitely charge more) I don’t know what people expect. If you want a nice, basic clean room with friendly staff then this place is perfect. I’m very happy :)

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo