“Midday lunch”

Gilbey's - Old Amersham
Reserve with OpenTable
Gilbey's - Old Amersham is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 76 Restaurants in Amersham
Price range: US$15 - US$64
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

Lovely cosy restaurant
Special offers at lunch time
Very friendly staff and our meals were lovely
Definitely go back

Reviewed October 1, 2018

You can go here for a great lunch or evening meal as they have set prices, also great for a celebration if you want to make it more special, however there prices are great and not expensive, unless yo want a special drink, coffee or brandy then the bill does go up !!!
lovely food presentation and service. They are fabulous a must go to place for dining out.

Reviewed September 7, 2018

We have been coming to Gilbey's for many many years for special occasions and also visit the Windsor branch and have never been disappointed. I don't know what went wrong last night but my meal was very substandard and I left most of the main course. The ambience was good, service excellent but the whole experience was badly let down by the food. I had hake croquette to start and it tasted like 75% potato. My main course, belly of pork, was so full of promise but when I started eating it I almost felt sick. There were 3 small squares of pork belly of which less than a quarter was actually meat, there was a thick layer of pure fat above it. I know pork belly is characterised by a layer of succulent fat but this was really disgusting. There were also two rectangular strips of ? fat which I couldn't even put my knife through. The crackling. however, was delicious.
Maybe I made the wrong choice but I am so sad that I didn't enjoy my meal. We were with friends so I did not speak to the staff but then what could they have done? I would not have wanted another plate and to reduce the bill would not have made up for my experience.

2  Thank cappuccino58
Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

Gilbert’s is located in a very pleasant, old schoolhouse in picturesque Old Amersham. The food is always very good and the service friendly without being overly familiar. We always enjoy our visit.

Reviewed August 29, 2018

On the high street with parking outside if you are lucky of 250m away if you choose the car park. Nice choices on the menu and even a set 2 or 3 course menu with choices, a good selection in my opinion. Friendly helpful staff who seem to know what they are talking about :-) nice place for a friendly lunch or a cost dinner, feels more individual than it really is!