“Ideal for children”

Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Unfortunately we were a couple having coffee and found the place too noisy for us we also did not like the coffee - my latte was more like a 'Camp' coffee. It is all down to personal taste.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

I decided to take my father out for a nice brunch on Easter Sunday . I had been recommended Fego but have had food in many places that have been recommended and came away disappointed. I am not a massive foodie but I like a decent plate of tastey food. This ticked every box. They were so busy but the service was amazing, fast efficient,happy and the food was so nice. My Father was still talking about how nice it was when I left him at home. The staff were friendly , helpful we could not have asked for more. The prices were very reasonable and I will not only recommend I will revisit and that’s pretty rare for me. So if you want good food, relaxed atmosphere, friendly service then this is the place to head to. The app is not letting me give a rating for service , food and value. I would have given 5 for all of them.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

Took my parents along to Fego Gerrards Cross as a treat for their 50th wedding anniversary. The food was amazing and my parents were made to feel very special. They were also given a glass of bubbly to help celebrate. Would recommend Fego Gerrards Cross to anyone that wants great food and drink in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed March 27, 2018

I love the Fego brand and the restaurant in Gerrard's Cross is my particular favourite.

After reading the previous review, I felt compelled to write my own experience. I'm not sure what the previous reviewer's intentions are but I cannot disagree more (the fact they have only ever left 1 review and its 1 star speaks volumes).

The team led by Natalie are consistently excellent, friendly and welcoming and every time I visit I see the same familiar customers seated so they must be doing something right.

I have been going there for years and they go from strength to strength. It can get busy over the weekends so I'd go early to get a table.

The eggs Benedict are my personal favourite but there is something to suit all tastes. The coffee is excellent and they have recently introduced cocktails to the menu, happy days!

There is a reason Fego are rated so highly, they do fantastic themed nights as well, highly recommended!

1  Thank Saffa1976
Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

I visited this place two weeks ago with my mum and children. The waitress was rude from the off because we sat down on a table that she hadn't cleared. Only reason we had done this was because we was standing for 5 minutes In a busy doorway with a pram and a crying baby. She quite disgruntledly cleared the table making us all feel uncomfortable. All through the service she provided she wasn't friendly at all. The food was ok, but her attitude wasn't ! This place isn't cheap either so you would expect more for your money ! At the end of lunch my baby had unexpectedly vomited, mostly on me, I was struggling too find wipes and was so embarrassed as everyone was looking, my mum asked the waitstress could we please have some napkins. She said yes hold on, observed the situation then went too take someone's card payment, and didn't come back till 5 mins later with some napkins. After the bill I decided there was no way I was leaving this woman a tip when she took the bill she said 'have you left the right money on there??' I could not wait too get out of that place !! My mum tried too reach out too fego on their fb page, they actually hid her review from the page!! I left one and was told I was making false accusations!! They then wrote too my mum and said were investigating and we will get back too your very soon. My mum asked for an update and the manager said oh if you want too discuss this any further call me. So they didn't investigate at all!! I have never left a review on fb or trip advisor but I was so disgusted by this place and their response !! Avoid this place like the plague, they are extremely rude!!!!

3  Thank Melissa P
Natalie S, Owner at Fego Caffe, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2018

Dear Melissa

Since your first review on Facebook I have sat my team down to discuss the day in question as I need to be sure of exactly what occurred that day and assess what area of training I need to focus on.
I do not feel that the Facebook comment section or a reply on Trip Advisor is the best place to discuss feedback of this nature and have asked your mother to please get in direct contact with me as I would like to resolve any misunderstandings.
Customer Service is extremely important to me and training in this area is constant. Extremely busy days can be very stressful and waiting staff can sometimes react more abrupt then on quieter days which leads to behaviours changing and comments being made in haste.
I apologise for the way my team member came across, but can assure you she tried her best and only meant to give you the most efficient service possible on that day. English not being many service staff's mother tongue, sentences like 'Have you left the right money on there' probably were meant as ' Do you need any change? ' which in the innocence of the comment was offensive to you but more of a logistic issue for her as the cash register is on the other side of the restaurant.
Your review is still on Facebook as I don't shy away from negative feedback but see it as a measure of how our customers rate us and where improvements are required.
Unfortunately my technical skills are quite limited and I wouldn't know how to hide it even if I wanted to. I did respond to your mother's review - and she sent a response in return , I don't think possible if the review is hidden.
Please accept my apology for the lacking customer service on this busy Saturday.
Should you feel that you would like to discuss this issue in more detail , please call me on the above number so we can arrange a get-together.