Elme Hall Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$81
US$79
US$105
Travelodge Kings Lynn Long Sutton(Long Sutton)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
US$64
US$62
Travelocity
The Castle Hotel(Downham Market)
US$138
US$115
Premier Inn Kings Lynn(King's Lynn)(Great Value!)
US$66
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Kings Lynn hotel(King's Lynn)(Great Value!)
US$62
Travelodge
The Dukes Head Hotel(King's Lynn)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$71
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe main hotellodge roomsevening dinnerpacked lunchopen firebuffet breakfastpremier innhoneymoon suitehuge selectionfour posterplenty of parkingspacious roomroad noisenight's sleepwisbech areafamily roomsecure parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We stayed at Elme Hall for one night as a family of six. There was a slight mistake with the room, however this was resolved in minutes. The room was perfect, in a clean and good state.

The breakfast was excellent and the staff couldn't do enough.

The young receptionist was very profficient and polite. Excellent value for money.

Well done and I dont make positive comments very often!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank debbie m
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Stopped off at the hotel on spec, I was so glad I did, the service I received was excellent, and considering it was quite late at night the Receptionist still had a big smile on her face.
As I was a woman traveling on my own I was placed on the first floor which I didn't even have to ask. My room was in the new 'lodge' lovely and clean and quiet.
I can't comment on dinner as I didn't eat there but did have a sneak peek into the restaurant
and I would certainly like to try.
The lounge in the main building is very cosy..and I'm really surprised at some of the comments made, I didn't find the place to have no atmosphere, quite the contrary
I was made to feel very welcome, as if I was a family friend.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Pippa K
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We were married and had our reception at the Elme 3 Years ago and have made the yearly pilgrimage ever since always staying in the same room. As usual we were met by the smiling owner. The Hotel goes from strength to strength. We had a wonderful Dinner and then whiled away the hours afterwards on a sofa in the beautiful lounge in front of the open fire reminiscing our previous happy times at Elme Hall.
The emphasis always on Cleanliness, good food and service, oozing with character and creature comforts and very reasonable prices..
l

Room Tip: I would recommend room 201 with the Jacuzzi.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We stayed in the additional building at the side of the hotel for two nights on September the 9th. Although I am late posting this review I feel on reading the other reviews it is important to inform others about the service we received. On the mroning of the 10th it was extraordinarily busy and it took over one hour for the breakfast buffet to be restocked, There was absolutely no food on the table, no plates or glasses. The coffee machine had broken and staff were boiling two kettles on the bar in order to make coffees and teas. When myself, my husband and children finally sat down to eat it was 10.40am and we had been there since 9.30am. We also couldn't choose the braekfast we wanted as food came out in dribs and drabs so we settled for what we could get. Not being very happy about this service I went to see the manager to make a complaint. The man who dealt with our complaint was extremely rude suggesting that because everyone had come down to breakfast at the same time the chef was finding it difficult and that would I prefer it if the breakfast was not cooked fresh and left on the table all morning. The managements lack of empathy to our complaint left us shocked and when I stated that his comments did not explain why there was no plates, glasses for orange juice or working coffee machines he became more agressive. At this point he stated "its sunday morning we're short staffed. After alot of complaining the manager did reluctantly give us our money back for two adult breakfasts. My main issue is with how our complaint was dealt with, the attitude of the duty manager dealing with our complaint was awful, nothing was his fault and it was all down to everyone arriving at once, what did we expect?!? A simple, genuine apology with a gesture of good will was all that was necessary, however, we felt that the refund offered was to buy us off NOT to write a bad review. No doubt this man will seek to come back me as he did so that day (thus proving my point) but I hope the readers of this review can pick up on the tone and see that compassion, empathy and overall good service is seriously lacking in what can only be considered less than average hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank kay j
muguetu, Owner at Elme Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, as it is now over four months since your stay I hope you don't mind if I refresh our memories of events. Your family group arrived for breakfast just as it was finishing and being cleared. Being a parent myself and identifying the constraints and delays that do occur when travelling with young children, your breakfast order was taken without question, prepared and duly served. We are always happy to serve breakfast outside of normal times upon request or just by an advance phone call to say a guest is running late.
Incidentally, regarding your "assumption" about the coffee machine being broken, we actually have two espresso machines and 4 filter coffee machines in the dining rooms, the kettles at the beverage station are for making freshly brewed Tea as we consider the taste superior to that of constantly simmering boilers. I hope this helps clarify our reasons for not granting a full refund on your stay, as an alternative to a negative review.

Owner

Reviewed 29 December 2011

A well run establishment, Excellent Staff, food great, rooms clean, comfortable & spacious. Everything for the discerning business traveller.
Fast Free WiFi and nice relaxing work areas. Will be back again with work colleagues in the new year.
Len

Room Tip: We went for a room with bath and shower on the ground floor side facing.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business