All reviews hi express beans adequate breakfast close to the railway station the air conditioning full length mirror would stay here again budget hotel third floor retail park self service yogurt room rate decent size short stay one night stay room was spotless
Reviewed September 19, 2017

Just a one night stay & a mostly positive experience for that time there. I arrived late evening & had no problem finding the hotel, just a very short walk from the train station. A quick & friendly check in & I was in the lift to my non smoking room in just a few minutes.
My room, a nice size with carpet floor, tv, work desk & chair, armchair, clothes rail, tea/coffee, hairdryer, full length mirror, comfortable double bed, smoke alarm, air con & plenty of electrical sockets. Plenty of natural light but there were some issues with noise from inside & outside of the hotel. Wifi was free of charge & was consistent & fairly fast. There was no iron or ironing board in the room.
The bathroom was, sizewise, ok with a tiled floor, shower with good pressure & plenty of hot water, hair/body wash, liquid soap, large mirror, plenty of towels, shaving socket & heated towel rad.
The buffet breakfast was nothing special but adequate with cereals, toast, yoghurts, pastries, fruit, full fry, teas, coffee & fruit juice.
I didn’t leave my room on the evening that I arrived & so, can’t comment on the bar or meals.
For guests with the munchies there are vending machines with snacks & drinks. All staff that I encountered were friendly & attentive & checking out was quick & friendly.
I wasn’t looking for anything special when looking for somewhere to stay in Crewe, just somewhere close to the railway station where I could get a good night’s sleep & an early breakfast the following morning before I headed off again & this hotel was fine for that.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed September 19, 2017

First time using holiday Inn so read reviews bit hit and miss, but i am suitably impressed very quite room, modern great bathroom and breakfast was plentiful! Felt very welcome and the staff very nice. Cleaners tidy my room very well too as I stayed a few days! Everything was great would definately recommend!!

Room tip: Rooms at back of property are quiter.
Date of stay: September 2017
Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I booked in here for 2 nights mainly because we've always found the chain to be consistently good.
Check in was quick and painless and we were in our room before we knew.
On first impressions it looked fine.
However I found it lacked cleanliness.
The bathroom toilet area was fine but the shower area had a lot of mildew spots up the silicone and who ever cleaned or was in the room prior left a footprint on the shower tray.
The window channels were filthy.
Mattress was very springy and soft.
Breakfast was okay. However the coffee was vile.
Tables were very sticky and found your plate or cups stuck to them.
Staff unfortunately lacked enthusiasm and weren't interested in engaging with you. I would recommend asking for a back room as you are opposite McDonalds drive through at the front and it's non stop and quite loud.

Such a shame as every other holiday inn we have visited has been great.

Date of stay: September 2017
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crewe, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2017

Hello julz4,

Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Express Crewe UK and leaving your honest feedback.

I am sorry to read that your stay was not exceptional because of some issues, particularly with the bathrooms upkeep, bed condition and dining experience. I am sorry for the letdown. All the issues you have raised are shared with hotel management for future improvements.

I know that this stay may not have been the best but I am hopeful for another opportunity to welcome you back for an improved experience.

Many thanks,

Ronald R.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed September 15, 2017

We stayed for one night. We did not find it a quiet place, but the accommodation was fine and delivered what we needed from our short stay. We took our dog which worked out pretty well. Its easy to find off the roundabout near the big B&Q.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crewe, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2017

Dear Top_Tourer_2009,

Hello from IHG! Thank you for your review. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on areas where we can improve, particularly with the sound proofing of the room. It's unfortunate that we fell below your expectations. This will be taken up with the team for future improvments.

We hope to have the honor of hosting you again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Again, thanks for preferring Holiday Inn Express.

Safe travels!

Ronald R.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed September 10, 2017

Nice clean hotel. given a room on the top floor with a balcony with far reaching views of the city. Felt like we were on holiday overseas. Railway station nearby and lots of fast food outlet near by. Mac Donald's and Holiday Inn share the same entrance.
Clean basic room and bathroom with parking facility at the back.
Basic breakfast available with attentive staff.

Date of stay: August 2017