All reviews hi express beans adequate breakfast close to the railway station the air conditioning full length mirror would stay here again budget hotel retail park third floor self service main road room rate yogurt short stay decent size one night stay
Reviewed October 8, 2017

This has the usual Holiday Inn Express features, good beds, clean showers and OK breakfasts. This one is only just OK, its tired and not book rooms on the third floor as they might have skylight windows without blinds- the daylights wakes you up.. Room 307 be aware

Room tip: aviod room 307
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crewe, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2017

Dear jim g,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am pleased to know you liked the service you received from our staff. I would like to apologize for unexpected experience you had with the condition of our facilities. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests.

Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed September 27, 2017

Only stayed one night but was very happy. The room was what I expected clean, tidy and reasonably comfortable. Nice breakfast and good friendly staff. Only draw back was the Mcdonalds out the front was a bit noisy, but luckily it went quit after 11 o'clock.

Reviewed September 25, 2017

Stayed at this venue twice this month...... firstly the first room was grubby and shabby and small sink too small for a disabled person to reach. Water system was faulty pumping cold then scorching hot unexpectedly. Manager stated it would be fixed within the week so booked again for following week (funeral of mother ) however placed at an even smaller room, dirtier than previous week and not suitable for a disabled person. Shower curtains filthy with only three hooks per curtain, window dirty, no toilet seat or shower chair .....
Later found out water systems had been condemned some few weeks prior to our arrival.....
Why they are still taking booking until system is repaired is beyond us. Breakfast was adequate but not exciting.
Better booking elsewhere for time being.

Room tip: Book elsewhere
1  Thank chrispyprice
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crewe, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2017

Hi chrispyprice!

Thank you for choosing us in your many lodging options in the area and sharing your experience. I'm very sorry to know about the inconveniences caused by the accessibility of your assigned rooms, cleanliness, and plumbing.

This is certainly not how we want our guests to remember us. I sent you a private message to follow up on your concerns.

Again, thank you for your feedback, and we appreciate you almost perfect rating for our hotel staff's service. I hope we can win back your heart and try us again.

Safe travels,

Gian M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed September 19, 2017

Just a one night stay & a mostly positive experience for that time there. I arrived late evening & had no problem finding the hotel, just a very short walk from the train station. A quick & friendly check in & I was in the lift to my non smoking room in just a few minutes.
My room, a nice size with carpet floor, tv, work desk & chair, armchair, clothes rail, tea/coffee, hairdryer, full length mirror, comfortable double bed, smoke alarm, air con & plenty of electrical sockets. Plenty of natural light but there were some issues with noise from inside & outside of the hotel. Wifi was free of charge & was consistent & fairly fast. There was no iron or ironing board in the room.
The bathroom was, sizewise, ok with a tiled floor, shower with good pressure & plenty of hot water, hair/body wash, liquid soap, large mirror, plenty of towels, shaving socket & heated towel rad.
The buffet breakfast was nothing special but adequate with cereals, toast, yoghurts, pastries, fruit, full fry, teas, coffee & fruit juice.
I didn’t leave my room on the evening that I arrived & so, can’t comment on the bar or meals.
For guests with the munchies there are vending machines with snacks & drinks. All staff that I encountered were friendly & attentive & checking out was quick & friendly.
I wasn’t looking for anything special when looking for somewhere to stay in Crewe, just somewhere close to the railway station where I could get a good night’s sleep & an early breakfast the following morning before I headed off again & this hotel was fine for that.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed September 19, 2017

First time using holiday Inn so read reviews bit hit and miss, but i am suitably impressed very quite room, modern great bathroom and breakfast was plentiful! Felt very welcome and the staff very nice. Cleaners tidy my room very well too as I stayed a few days! Everything was great would definately recommend!!

Room tip: Rooms at back of property are quiter.