Crewe Hall(Crewe)
US$122
US$96
US$59
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$69/night.

Green Farm(Crewe)(Great Value!)
US$47
Priceline
US$80
  • Bar/Lounge
Premier Inn Crewe West Hotel(Crewe)(Great Value!)
US$77
PremierInn.com
US$84
PremierInn.com
All reviewshi expressadequate breakfastbeansclose to the railway stationthe air conditioningwould stay here againbudget hoteltown centrethird floorretail parkself servicemain roadstayed here for nightsdouble roomyogurtroom was spotlessshort stay
Reviewed November 1, 2017 via mobile

Located behind a MacDonald this hotel is ok for a budget hotel.

Room was comfortable enough however the shower pressure was very poor. A trickle of water was released when on full power and with no bath, there are no other options.

Breakfast is limited with no fruit that I could see and only 3 types of cereals, however I did like the take away bap idea for those in a rush.

Food wise, I walked into town as the menu is limited and it is only 10 minutes away.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Lee C
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crewe, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2017

Hi Lee C!

It was our pleasure hosting your stay, and we appreciate your candid feedback! Thanks for your appreciation for our cozy rooms! We just regret that there were issues with the water pressure in your bathroom and our breakfast choices.

We'll certainly look into your concerns and reference them as areas of improvement. After all, everybody here wants each of our guests to leave with pleasant memories.

Again, thanks for your time, and we hope to have you again so we can provide you with a hotel experience that aligns with the many 5-star review we receive regularly!

Many thanks,

Gian M

Reviewed October 31, 2017 via mobile

As a frequent visitor to HI Express Hotels I usually find the standards consistently high which is why I use them. Crewe is different. Disengaged staff, grubby bedding, no heating in the room and generally a tired look. This wasn’t a great experience-nothing involving the staff was proactive - I had to ask about the car park arrangements and my loyalty points, both of which are usually covered by check-in staff.

I was given the noisiest fan heater in Cheshire to compensate for a lack of heating but I couldn’t hear the tv over it!

Not HI’s usual standard I’m afraid

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank alanyorks

Hi alanyorks,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our hotel. Our goal has always been to provide our guests with the best hospitality service and I regret to learn that we did not meet your expectations of the IHG brand when it comes to customer service delivered and the room accommodations provided. I also regret the inconvenience the heater may have caused you.

Again, thank you for your comments and for choosing us for your lodging needs.

Ingrid V.

Reviewed October 30, 2017

Nice place, if slightly strangely shaped rooms - some come with balconies! Very friendly staff. Bar on site that also serves some food in an evening. Free breakfast which is always a good thing.

McDonalds right outside if you want to eat there - or if you walk up the road about ten minutes you get to a retail park that has Bella Italia, Chiquitos, Frankie & Benny's, Nando's and KFC on it.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2017

What can I say? Where do I begin?

Lets go with arrival. Firstly, I checked in. I am a member of the IHG rewards club and am usually identified as such by reception staff. Not in this venue. A largely indifferent young lady merely asked my name, then issued my room key. Thankfully I had noticed the "Ipad" parking entry system on the reception desk or I would potentially have attracted a £100 fine for not entering my details. The receptionist had failed to draw my attention to this system.

Bemused, I gathered my baggage and headed up to my room. On entry I was faced with an unmade bed. I went no further and approached reception to inform them, that the room appeared either to still be occupied, or hadn't been prepared. The receptionist asked if I would like to be allocated another room. Still no points for customer service at this stage.

Thankfully (though it isn't too much to ask) the replacement room was neither occupied, nor did it have an unmade bed. It was clean and well presented - things appeared to be on the up.

Breakfast on the first morning did not get off to a good start. I exited the lift and passed the reception. I received absolutely no acknowledgment or greeting from the receptionist.

Worse was to come. Breakfast is buffet style. To summarise (briefly). Day 1 - cold sausages, cold bacon. Day 2 - cold sausages (though a lot more of them), cold bacon, and the hot drinks dispenser was "out of water" Thankfully there is a McDonalds just across the way that satisfies the desire for a hot beverage.

Incidentally, no acknowledgement from the receptionist on morning 2 either.

At this point, I had highlighted my concerns to my parent company. I had a colleague due to visit this area in the coming weeks; my dissatisfaction with the venue was complete. We will not be using it again.

However, more concerning observations were to come. At the conclusion of day 2 (without a hot drink at breakfast) I returned to my room. In the corridor at the approach to my room I found a room access card. Intrigued, I tried it against my door. it opened. I had found, lying in the corridor, a master key to the whole hotel.

I considered my options (all of them honourable), but I felt there was some value in allowing a period of time for the missing master key to be recognised by reception and appropriate remedial action to be taken. After approximately an hour, I tried the key in my door again; it still functioned.

I returned to reception. There were three staff in attendance, 2 of which gave me a damn good ignoring. I presented the key to the one person that cast a glance in my direction and explained that I had found what appeared to be a master key to the whole hotel in the corridor. She looked at me quizzically, then inserted the key into the programming device. A grunt followed, along with a statement "I'll void it".

I replied "you'll void it?" expecting at the very least an expression of gratitude or recognition of the enormity of having a key lying around the hotel that could have potentially given access to any room.

I got "yes, and thanks". That was it.

On my third morning in the hotel, I could not contemplate a cold breakfast, nor no hot drink, so checked out and went to McDonalds, Even at checkout though there was no query about the quality of my stay, merely a request for a room number. I provided it and then left. I was unwilling to offer anything by way of greeting - I had had my fill of the place by this stage.

My recommendation to fellow travellers is to avoid this place. In an era where customer satisfaction is fundamental to business, this venue fails at every turn. The staff do not appear to have any concept of "front of house" manner, nor the slightest inclination that a lost master key (that had not even been realised) could have potentially drastic consequences for guests.

My recommendation to the venue is get some properly trained staff as a matter of priority.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank Warren H
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crewe, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2017

Hi Warren H,

Thank you for your stay and for being an IHG Rewards Club member. We always aim to provide an enjoyable stay to our guests and I regret to read that we did not meet your expectations of the IHG brand when it comes to the customer service delivered. Please know that this is not reflective of IHG's high standards.

I have taken note of your comments and shared them with our management team to review the procedures we have in place and make necessary improvements accordingly. I have also sent you a private message to get additional information about your stay.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope to hear from you soon.

Ingrid V.

Reviewed October 8, 2017

This has the usual Holiday Inn Express features, good beds, clean showers and OK breakfasts. This one is only just OK, its tired and not book rooms on the third floor as they might have skylight windows without blinds- the daylights wakes you up.. Room 307 be aware

Room Tip: aviod room 307
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crewe, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2017

Dear jim g,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am pleased to know you liked the service you received from our staff. I would like to apologize for unexpected experience you had with the condition of our facilities. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests.

Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M