All reviews hi express beans adequate breakfast close to the railway station the air conditioning full length mirror would stay here again budget hotel town centre third floor retail park self service main road yogurt decent size double room room was spotless
Reviewed November 6, 2017

well I have stayed at this particular HIE many times and have written a review. This stay I was a little disappointed when I got to my room there was no Kettle the staff brought me one but I should not have had to ring for one the cleaner should of noticed it was missing ,Next I showered and washed my hair so did my god daughter then alas the hair dryer did not work so I rang down the girl came up to change fuse still didn't go and they didn't have a spare so I had to go in another room to dry my hair. next on my list couldn't get a coffee as the machine was broken at breakfast also no apple juice that was out of order . thankfully it was time to check out the worse stay I have ever had there Hopefully it was just a bad day for them it was for me. Please HIE check out your facilities

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crewe, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2017

Hi chris13Bucks,

Thank you for making us your go-to hotel every time you visit Crewe! It's always a pleasure to have you back.

I am sorry to hear that you were dismayed with the absence of a kettle and that you didn't enjoy breakfast. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and our hotel will look into the issues you have raised. This is to ensure that you will have a remarkable stay upon your return.

I'm pleased that the room's upkeep exceeded your requirements. We are hopeful that you'll give us another chance to win you over!

Best,

Anna B

Reviewed November 4, 2017

My company's default policy is to book us into Premier Inns, which are fine for what they are. This time though we needed a meeting room and so we had to book here. Starting with the room, it was fine, although the bed was a bit too soft for my taste. What really lets this place down though is the appalling food. Although Premier Inns have no restaurant they are always next to one, usually a Brewers' Fayre which are not great but at least recognisable as a restaurant. The website for this hotel says there is a restaurant, but in reality it's a few seats and tables just off the lobby, with an extremely limited selection. I ordered the burger and got a dry, warmed up burger in a plain bun covered in a thin film of cheese with some lukewarm oven chips. For £9.95. I gather there is the option to have an Indian takeaway delivered which in retrospect i should have chosen but I was worried it would take too long.

Breakfast is no better. Dried out scrambled eggs, fatty sausages which managed to be both burnt and cold, and a coffee machine which kept malfunctioning and had to be reset by the waitress.

I will say the meeting room was fine, and one member of staff, Shawney, was professional, helpful and pleasant.

In summary don't stay here - there's a Premier Inn about a mile down the road which I think is about the same price and has a Brewers Fayre next door.

Room Tip: Go to the Premier Inn down the road
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank berkshire_nomads
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crewe, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2017

Hi berkshire_nomads,

Thank you for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. It is great to know that you were able to appreciate our meeting room. However, I was concerned to see that you were not impressed with the quality of our food. We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a great experience. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you during your stay. Rest assured, your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concern.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that we would have another chance to accommodate you again in the future.

Regards,

Mike F.

Reviewed November 1, 2017 via mobile

Located behind a MacDonald this hotel is ok for a budget hotel.

Room was comfortable enough however the shower pressure was very poor. A trickle of water was released when on full power and with no bath, there are no other options.

Breakfast is limited with no fruit that I could see and only 3 types of cereals, however I did like the take away bap idea for those in a rush.

Food wise, I walked into town as the menu is limited and it is only 10 minutes away.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Lee C
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crewe, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2017

Hi Lee C!

It was our pleasure hosting your stay, and we appreciate your candid feedback! Thanks for your appreciation for our cozy rooms! We just regret that there were issues with the water pressure in your bathroom and our breakfast choices.

We'll certainly look into your concerns and reference them as areas of improvement. After all, everybody here wants each of our guests to leave with pleasant memories.

Again, thanks for your time, and we hope to have you again so we can provide you with a hotel experience that aligns with the many 5-star review we receive regularly!

Many thanks,

Gian M

Reviewed October 31, 2017 via mobile

As a frequent visitor to HI Express Hotels I usually find the standards consistently high which is why I use them. Crewe is different. Disengaged staff, grubby bedding, no heating in the room and generally a tired look. This wasn’t a great experience-nothing involving the staff was proactive - I had to ask about the car park arrangements and my loyalty points, both of which are usually covered by check-in staff.

I was given the noisiest fan heater in Cheshire to compensate for a lack of heating but I couldn’t hear the tv over it!

Not HI’s usual standard I’m afraid

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank alanyorks

Hi alanyorks,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our hotel. Our goal has always been to provide our guests with the best hospitality service and I regret to learn that we did not meet your expectations of the IHG brand when it comes to customer service delivered and the room accommodations provided. I also regret the inconvenience the heater may have caused you.

I have taken note of your comments and shared them with our management team to review the procedures we have in place and make necessary improvements accordingly.

Again, thank you for your comments and for choosing us for your lodging needs.

Ingrid V.

Reviewed October 30, 2017

Nice place, if slightly strangely shaped rooms - some come with balconies! Very friendly staff. Bar on site that also serves some food in an evening. Free breakfast which is always a good thing.

McDonalds right outside if you want to eat there - or if you walk up the road about ten minutes you get to a retail park that has Bella Italia, Chiquitos, Frankie & Benny's, Nando's and KFC on it.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business