All reviews hi express beans adequate breakfast close to the railway station full length mirror the air conditioning would stay here again budget hotel retail park third floor self service main road room rate yogurt short stay decent size one night stay
Reviewed October 25, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 days, and was disappointed with the cleanliness of the hotel!

Wrappers & fries all over the stairs-place could do with a hoover!

Rooms size otherwise fine, floor looked like it wasnt hoovered, floorboards super creaky, a few floor tiles in bathroom were loose, shower was a little dirty.

Oddly, bathroom smelled of mens aftershave on arrival!

Breakfast was below average-needs more choice. Eggs were bland.

Location was great, close to a retail park with dinner options. Easy parking.

Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crewe, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2018

Hi layla1991,

Thank you for staying with us. I'm sorry about the problems with the maintenance of the property, especially with your room's state that left a negative impression. I have looped our Housekeeping supervisors of your review and I'm confident they will benefit from this to improve what we can offer to our valued guests.

On a brighter note, I'm happy you found our location to be convenient and parking easy.

Warm Regards,

Pam G

Reviewed October 20, 2018

Close to the station about 10 mins steady walk. Quick check in, room ok but small window made it a bit dark. Comfy bed. Bathroom clean, shower bit dated but ok, bit noisy overnight people coming and going from 4am.. Nice breakfast area. food ok, but had better at Holiday inn express. But on the whole not bad

Room tip: Quiet at back, very handy for Crewe railway station,
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2018

Our ferry was cancelled so we had to stay an extra night & booked in here. The staff were very friendly & helpful. The breakfast was very good. The room we stayed in was a good size & comfortable.

The negatives were that the hotel is a little tired/grubby in places. It would be fine for a one or two night stay if visiting the area but not longer.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crewe, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2018

Hi Michael W,

We're known for our brilliant basics, and I'm happy to know that we were able to deliver this through our hotel staff's service, comfy rooms, and fulfilling breakfast buffet. I'm very sorry to know though that you didn't find the state of our rooms to be impressive. Even if you are just here for a quick stop, we wanted to still impress you, and this is not the impression that we'd like to leave you.

Your feedback has been shared with our General Manager and Housekeeping Supervisor. I'm sure they'll take the necessary steps to ensure these issues are looked into and everything's in order next time.

Thanks for choosing us and sharing your experience. We hope to have you again, so we can show you the efforts we made to provide you with a better stay next time!

Safe travels,

Gian M

Reviewed October 12, 2018

Excellent room with all the facilities we have come to expect from this chain of hotels. Free parking for IHG was a nice touch. Better than usual breakfast. When we could not find any jam - we asked and it was there within seconds.
Our meal at the nearby Best Western Hotel (formerly The Station Hotel) was excellent.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

Stayed two nights on business, the young lady on reception was very helpful.
The room has seen better days and needs redecorating.
On the morning of my departure I asked reception to book a cab for me, but they didn't tell me there was a problem, so I was late to work !

Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crewe, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2018

Hello tonyweekes,

Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Express Crewe for your business travel needs and for leaving us feedback.

It's quite frustrating to learn that we did not live up to your expectations because of the condition of our property and room assigned to you. Also, I'm sorry if we missed calling a cab for you. I know that this is not the accommodation that you were expecting and I appreciate your feedback. I'll definitely share your thoughts with our hotel maintenance team as a reference for future enhancements.

On the upside, it's good that you had pleasant encounters with our hotel staff. I've shared your compliments with the team and have been acknowledged by the hotel management.

Your feedback will definitely help us towards bettering our services and I hope to host you again soon, tonyweekes!

All the best,