All reviews train station full english breakfast wi fi an overnight stay night's sleep town centre a great nights sleep comfortable bed stayed nights the ground floor yogurt following morning tea and coffee dana receptionist wardrobe
Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here in April, but I have only just got round to writing a review. I really felt I needed to put a review on as the customer service I received here was so good. The young girl who booked me I was lovely. The room had everything we needed and in my opinion was clean. The breakfast was good also. At the end of the day this place is cheap so don't expect the ritz but for the price I think it's really good value and would stay again if I was in the area.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank calicouk
Reviewed August 7, 2017

We stayed here for 2 nights and the reception was there to. Not our 1st visit but its value for money! Staff fab and great service! Food also very good. Room a bit drab and old fashioned but its not pretending to be something its not! Breakfast is delicious and very slick service to!
We will be back!

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2017

Needed a place to stay close to the railway station as flying out of Manchester the next day. Very basic hotel,very small shower and our room (20) was quite noisy. However very helpful/friendly staff,very nice breakfast in a lovely dining room. Need to request hair dryer if needed from front desk. Inexpensive to stay.

1  Thank Shelley J
Reviewed July 1, 2017 via mobile

Booked a night here for me and my partner who were visiting the area for a night out. Honestly worst hotel I have ever visited. I guess my own fault for choosing the cheapest hotel but even £55 is a lot for what is not even a 1 star hotel!!
If you have high standards and like cleanliness I would not recommend you book this hotel. When we got into the room there was this dreadful smell of stale fags and booze like an alchi had been living in there. The wooden desk and furniture was old and all rotten and it had this dreadful faded droopy artificial leaf plant on it with feathers sticking out that were all dusty - it had definitely seen better days. Wallpaper coming off the walls with brown rusty pipes going up the walls. The carpet was all mouldy and the crockery for making tea was all stained and chipped. The bed was hard as wood and as for the decor, well its like we had stepped back to the 70's with a duvet you'd expect to see on your great grandmas bed! Generally the whole room was filthy, dull and unhygienic - I wouldn't let a dog sleep in there.
We barely stayed 10 mins as we were too scared to touch anything let alone sleep there and went to reception to get a refund. The lady on reception said that i should have looked at the pictures of the bedrooms online - i did and let me tell you they are nothing like the real thing! She said they don't give refunds but on this one occasion they would.
We left and went to holiday inn down the road which was like a breath of fresh air in comparison!
I'm really surprised this hotel hasn't been on hotels from hell or been investigated by environmental health as i really think it is a health hazard.
I've read the reviews on here and seen the very rude and not very understanding replies from the management where people have complained. A lesson in customer service - The customer is always right!!!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is not far from the railway station. It does have parking facilities. A very welcoming overnight stay. I found my room to be clean and tidy. It is only around three quarters of a mile away from the town centre where you can find all the regular amenities that you would find in a town. Would I stay here again, I think I would.

Date of stay: May 2017