“Delicious food, Wonderful service”

White Lotus Goomet Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 196 Restaurants in Crewe
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

We just got back from our visit to Goomet and absolutely loved it. After a few trips to various Chinese restaurants around the area we have found our favourite!
My girlfriend and I had soup to start, the Chicken and sweet corn and the Hot and Sour; the chicken soup was lovely, full of chicken and flavour. The hot and sour soup was perfectly seasoned with the right balance of heat and tang and contained lovely veg, prawns and chicken.
We shared the set menu A which was great value with generous portions, we had to take some home! We really enjoyed all the dishes we had, they were tasty and looked very appetising with plenty of flavour and unlike many Chinese establishments, the food WASN'T so salty that you need to drink your bodyweight after the meal.
I will absolutely be returning to Goomet restaurant with friends and family! Lovely service, friendly staff and amazing food.

3  Thank MattBernal

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Love this restaurant... the sushi is top notch, the menu now is more Chinese than Japanese and I miss the tapanyaki... however the food is still very good.

1  Thank gmchenry748
Reviewed 26 June 2017

My wife and I visit often, especially for the sushi but always greatly enjoyed every dish we have ordered. Service at the restaurant is great and not rushed, so it gives me time to enjoy my meal and sip my wine.

I also recommend the Szechuan Beef and Singapore Chow Mein if you do not feel like going out and so go for home delivery.

2  Thank ericstrong
Reviewed 1 June 2017

Visiting Crewe for a wedding we took a quick gander around to see which restaurants were easily accessible near the station and Goomet popped up as a Japanese restaurant with decent reviews, as well as offering Teppanyaki.

We were seated and began to mull over the menu, only to find that the Japanese section of the menu was limited to four or five Teppanyaki options and a couple of other items. Having munched through a bowl of prawn crackers we ordered, only to be told the Teppanyaki 'wasn't on', so that was not an option. Considering the menu again we selected a couple of things, only to be told that those two were unavailable. Third time lucky we tried ordering (two starters, two mains) and awaited the dishes.

Starters were pretty good, particularly the chicken and mushroom lettuce parcels. Mains were decent quality - great quality for a takeaway, average for a Chinese restaurant. I'd not go out of my way to come here, but maybe the Teppanyaki would be worth a go, if it's actually on.

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

We attended as a group of 16 and spent the whole evening with the restaurant to ourselves, the owner is constantly cracking cringeworthy borderline offensive jokes which just causes awkward silences.

The food on the "all you can eat" menu is nothing special and very bland. Although it's all you can eat you are discouraged from ordering more than the bare minimum of which is provided on tiny plates and takes a good 20 minutes to appear after having been ordered.

Generally not a nice place to visit.