I had stayed here twice on business before, so thought I knew what to expect when booking an overnight break to celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary. Whilst the staff were really lovely and the food, service and spa were excellent (as always), our stay was ruined by the raucous behaviour of members of Sunday night's wedding party.
I won't go into precise details, but we gave up being tolerant at 1:20am when the noise became unbearable and two naked men were cavorting in the fountain, much to the amusement of their companions who were filming them! We might have expected this on a night out in Blackpool, but not at Rookery Hall.
To be fair to the staff, the night porter quickly sorted out the situation when informed and the team were apologetic the next day. However, the token £16 knocked off the bill was not enough to compensate for our ruined break! (the money is imaterial really - the wasted trip is the issue).
I do think that the staff should be monitoring behaviour around the Hall - all of this was occuring right in front of our window. Even before the drunken behaviour became so extreme, we were kept awake by loud conversations and laughter - the windows in the Hall are old and not double glazed. We should not need to be put in position where we have to complain to get a good night's sleep at such a refined venue.
It has really put me off visiting again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1816, Rookery Hall Hotel and Spa is a four AA red star, Grade II Georgian Hall situated close to Nantwich in Cheshire. Part of the Hand Picked Hotel collection Rookery Hall is set in 38 acres of private gardens and grounds offering a selection of 70 well-appointed bedrooms and suites, extensive meeting and event facilities, a Health Club & Spa and a 2 AA Rosette Restaurant. The Health Club and Spa is set adjacent to the main hotel and offers a variety of luxurious treatments with seven treatment rooms, manicure and pedicure suite, Rasul mud therapy chamber, waterwall sensory relaxation room, glass roofed 17 metre indoor swimming pool, fully-equipped gym, fitness studio and a Cafe Bar. Rookery Hall's spa is recognised as one of the top residential spas in the country and offers a full range of spa treatments by expert therapists using the Elemis product house. Rookery Hall Hotel and Spa was initially awarded 4 AA red stars in 2013 and has retained these for 2014 and 2015. The hotel was also awarded Hotel Restaurant of the Year 2014 at the Nantwich Food Festival and Solo Spa of the year 2014 at the Good Spa Guide Awards. Conveniently located 15 minutes away from the M6, Rookery Hall is within easy reach of Chester and Manchester and the medieval town of Nantwich, just 5 minutes away. Crewe station which connects via high-speed train to London and Manchester is also just a short drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rookery Hall Hotel And Spa
- Rookery Hall Hotel Nantwich
- Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa Nantwich, Cheshire, UK