“Luxury in the Countryside”

Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Nantwich
Reviewed 18 September 2014

I stayed in the Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa for two nights, during a business meeting held there. Just arriving, you can get a glimpse of the magnificient lands that surround the hotel. The architecture of the hotel looks like Victorian and very British. The check-in was done very quickly, efficiently and the clerk was very helpful and cordial. The room was very spacious with a big queen bed very comfortable, big flat tv screen and a small working station. Amenities included water and a working coffee/tea set ready to use. Only complaint may be that the bathroom wasn't as clean as I would have liked, but it wasn't dirty either.

Breakfast was a very nice experience. From the cold buffet to the a-la-carte hot dished (with full English Breakfast, Pancakes and many more options). We had dinner there one night and the food was extremely good and well presented.

Since it was a business trip I couldn't enjoy the Spa, but a colleague could pay it a visit, and he said it was also very nice.

Lastly, big and luminous conference rooms, so the meeting was perfectly organized.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2014

Hello ribbond,

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor following your two night stay at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa.

It is lovely to receive feedback such as yours following business meetings that have been held at the hotel.
The hotel is set in the Cheshire countryside so it most certainly is set in magnificent land.

I am pleased to read that your welcome at check in was done efficiently and the team member was helpful. I was also pleased to read that you were happy with your room allocation. My sincere apologies that your bathroom wasn’t as clean as you would have liked.

Dining is at the heart of any guest stay when visiting Rookery, so I’m delighted you enjoyed breakfast and your evening meal.

It is a shame that you did not get the opportunity to enjoy the Health Club & Spa facilities whilst staying with us.

The hotel is a versatile venue with modern syndicate rooms and breakout areas including the ground floor Worleston Suite which is capable of holding 200 delegates theatre style for conference or meetings, or alternatively, can be divided into two smaller meeting rooms for flexibility. We also have other meeting rooms available which cater for smaller meetings. I’m delighted that your meeting on this occasion was perfectly organised.

Thank you again for your review. Should we get the opportunity to welcome you back, you will have to put some time aside to enjoy the Health Club & Spa.

Stephen

Write a ReviewReviews (1,972)

Reviewed 17 September 2014

As a couple we had a one night stay in the hotel. The room was in the old part of the house, beautiful size and fantastic views over the gardens. It was in need of a refurb but nothing too serious - just bathroom in particular was a little tired. During the night/early morning we found the room to be unexpectedly noisy including what we think was from a nearby industrial sized extractor fan. From about 6am we could also clearly hear two male members of staff talking and moving around near our room. We did not complain at the time as it was not practical to move during the night and we were only there one night but when asked by a member of staff in the morning if we had had a good night I explained the issue.
The evening meal and breakfast were absolutely delicious. Only points that I would raise are not major but would help raise this hotel from very good to excellent in my opinion: cutlery missing from my place setting at dinner, butter missing from breakfast and toast arriving such a long time before the cooked breakfast that it was very cold. On both occasions the staff rectified it immediately. Throughout our stay the staff were fabulous, it is a really friendly hotel and I only mention the minor issues because it does sell itself on excellence and therefore minor issues are noticed. It had been a very busy weekend at the hotel with weddings every day and that may explain delays in clearing the outside tables and the feeling that staff were having to rush around.

1  Thank pringoj
StephenFearnley, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2014

Hello pringoj,

Thank you for reviewing your one night stay on Trip Advisor.

I’m pleased to note that you were happy with the size of your bedroom and that you had the opportunity to enjoy the views of our gardens from your room.
We do have a current maintenance programme in place where some of our bedrooms and bathrooms are being refurbished.

I am sorry to hear about the noise disturbance you encountered in your room but I’m happy to hear that you had the opportunity to discuss your feedback in the morning.

Chef and his team will be happy to read your comments regarding your dining experiences.
Thank you for your constructive feedback that you have raised. These points I will be sure to share with the Restaurant Manager. I’m glad they were rectified immediately for you.

Thank you for your kind words regarding the team. As I have commented in many replies we are very lucky to have such a friendly team working at the hotel.

I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future and thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 17 September 2014

Stayed for 2 nights for my wedding anniversary, staff were exceptional and the hotel is breath taking, Food was delicious and very reasonable, Could not pick any faults, We stayed in room 301 which had fabulous views and was very clean and well maintained, The spa facilities are the best iv been to and our weekend was fantastic, Afternoon tea is highly recommended as is dining in the restaurant, Breakfast had a wide choice and was exceptional. All in all we shall be returning every year for our anniversary

Hello Charlotte P,

Thank you for your review following your recent anniversary stay and congratulations to you both.

It’s wonderful to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your visit.

The room you stayed in is one of our executive rooms and these rooms are very much a favourite amongst our guests. The views are fabulous, I do agree. I was happy to note that the room was very clean and well maintained.

The Health Club & Spa facilities are wonderful, perfect place to relax and unwind.

It sounds like you enjoyed all the hotel has to offer which makes it a great review for others thinking of booking to stay with us. I bet you left feeling thoroughly indulged.

We look forward to welcoming you back and celebrating future anniversaries with you.

Reviewed 16 September 2014

The hotel & spa is set in a stunning and tranquil setting we attended a wedding there on arrival we was impressed with the hotel setting and the pleasant greating we received on arrival from the attentative staff. The room was on the ground floor and pleasant, however on entry to the bathroom we discovered we had been put in the disable room and found it did not suit our needs, the toilet was to high, the bathroom sink to small otherwise a lovely stay for one night.

Hello CountessJackulate,

Thank you for your review following the recent wedding you attended.

I’m delighted to read that you received a pleasant greeting on arrival and that you were impressed with the hotel setting. We are very lucky to be located in the heart of the Cheshire countryside.

My sincere apologies, that your bedroom allocation did not suit your needs on this occasion. We have three accessible rooms within the hotel and when we are fully occupied we do have to use these rooms. I am pleased to note that you found it to be pleasant.

I’m happy to read that you had a lovely one night stay with us and hope you enjoyed the wedding celebrations.

Reviewed 16 September 2014 via mobile

Fantastic business stay. Exceptional rooms and service. Everything about my stay was perfect especially the food. I will be back next summer when working in the area again. I'm looking forward to it already.

• Stayed: September 2014

Hello mavisgee,

Thank you for reviewing your stay on Trip Advisor following your visit to Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa.

We get many guests staying with us for business trips so it is wonderful to receive a review such as yours.
I’m pleased to note that you found your room and service to be exceptional and that everything was perfect. I will be sure to share your review with the team and pass on your kind words to our Chef and his team.

We look forward to seeing you next year.

Reviewed 16 September 2014

Lovely, large room with seating area and spacious, clean bathroom. Really effective blackout curtains = great night's sleep. Lovely grounds and a convenient location - best of all - friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Hello time2getserious,

What a wonderful heading to your review – thank you and thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor.

I’m really happy to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and do agree that effective blackout curtains most certainly do aid a great night’s sleep.

Thank you for your kind words regarding all aspects of your stay, this is the experience we want all of your guests to have.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 15 September 2014

What a fantastic place this is. Beautiful hotel and grounds. The staff were all fantastic and polite. We were treated so well and even though we had booked with a Travel Zoo offer we weren't treated like 2nd class citizens. The choice for the evening meal was great and we were told we could order off the a la carte as well for an extra price.
The room was lovely and clean and the leisure facilities were spot on. We didn't have any spa treatments unfortunately.
The choice at breakfast was great and everything we ate was so tasty.
I loved the little touches that make such a stay memorable, like the blankets outside for smokers, and a complimentary taster before the main meal. Little things that don't cost a lot but make sure people remember.
Keep up the good work, can't wait to stay again

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello she78lee,

Thank you for your lovely review.

Although extremely biased I do agree that the hotel and grounds are beautiful.

I’m delighted to read that the team looked after you and that all team members were polite.

I am also really happy to read that you enjoyed your dining experiences at dinner and breakfast.

You are right with what you say about little touches when you stay away as they most definitely make sure people remember.

Thank you for your kind comments and we can’t wait to welcome you back.

Stephen

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nantwich
7.5 km away
Mottram Hall
#1 of 1 in Mottram St. Andrew
25.9 km away
Doubletree by Hilton Chester

Been to Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!