My wife and I stayed here for a 3 day break recently . We splashed out on a suite which was superb , large bedroom and separate lounge area very spacious and airy. Large Bathroom with separate walk in shower and standalone " claw foot " bath gave an unique twist.The building and grounds are fantastic sitting in acres of quiet countryside.Overall the location is great but you need a car it's a 10 minute drive into Nantwich which is quaint and has lovely walks .Easy reach of Chester also.We had afternoon tea on arrival which was lovely , traditional and good quality if a little pricey. 21.50 per head for tea , scones and cakes ! If you add a glass of bubbly it's over 40 pounds a head so be warned .Spa was outstanding , large swimming pool, the largest hydrotherapy pool I have seen (a large jacussi really ) , sauna and steamroom . We each had a spa treatment which was great and very good value compared to some of these we have experienced in other hotels.We stayed on a dinner ,B and B basis so ate in the Hotel all 3 nights. The quality was very good for both dinner and breakfast but service was a little slow at busy times , it seemed to take an age to get even a cup of tea in morning.There are 2 different menu choices for dinner but the A-la-carte is a bit too specialised for our taste, however the standard dinner menu was still excellent with a good variety. One warning though wine-by-the -glass prices are top end ( minimum £ 10 pounds for 250 Ml ). All in all we loved our stay and would return but just lacks some of those subtle finishing touches to enable me to rate as excellent for a hotel in this price bracket.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1816, Rookery Hall Hotel and Spa is a four AA red star, Grade II Georgian Hall situated close to Nantwich in Cheshire. Part of the Hand Picked Hotel collection Rookery Hall is set in 38 acres of private gardens and grounds offering a selection of 70 well-appointed bedrooms and suites, extensive meeting and event facilities, a Health Club & Spa and a 2 AA Rosette Restaurant. The Health Club and Spa is set adjacent to the main hotel and offers a variety of luxurious treatments with seven treatment rooms, manicure and pedicure suite, Rasul mud therapy chamber, waterwall sensory relaxation room, glass roofed 17 metre indoor swimming pool, fully-equipped gym, fitness studio and a Cafe Bar. Rookery Hall's spa is recognised as one of the top residential spas in the country and offers a full range of spa treatments by expert therapists using the Elemis product house. Rookery Hall Hotel and Spa was initially awarded 4 AA red stars in 2013 and has retained these for 2014 and 2015. The hotel was also awarded Hotel Restaurant of the Year 2014 at the Nantwich Food Festival and Solo Spa of the year 2014 at the Good Spa Guide Awards. Conveniently located 15 minutes away from the M6, Rookery Hall is within easy reach of Chester and Manchester and the medieval town of Nantwich, just 5 minutes away. Crewe station which connects via high-speed train to London and Manchester is also just a short drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rookery Hall Hotel And Spa
- Rookery Hall Hotel Nantwich
- Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa Nantwich, Cheshire, UK