“Ideal for a very reasonably priced light meal”

Viva Coffee & Juice Bar
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Northwich
Price range: US$1 - US$7
Reviewed July 26, 2017

Although I was aware of this place I hadn't previously visited but noticed some good reviews on the local facebook page so decided to give it a try. With an outside seating area, the inside was much larger than expected and the layout with the large comfy chairs reminded me of a well known coffee bar. Wanting only a snack the menu was ideal featuring a range of sandwiches, toasties, light meals, cakes and scones. A full range of drinks was available from juices to frappes, teas and coffees. The service was friendly, the food and drinks excellent and all very reasonably priced in comparison to the larger chains.

Reviewed July 24, 2017 via mobile

Went for a walk into Northwich town centre and decided it was time for some lunch. Id walked past Viva many times and never really thought to go in, however today it fit the bill perfectly.

We ordered two frappes (caramel and mocha) and two toasties (cheese and tomato and cheese and onion). We were advised there was a ten minute wait on food, and given two glasses of iced tap water and a number on a stick so our order could be identified.

It wasn't long before the drinks arrived, and both were absolutely delicious. Cold, sweet and indulgent without being sickly. Shortly after the food came, on a large plate with a side salad of lettuce, peppers, cucumber and tomato. The toasties too were very tasty - unexpectedly flavoursome for what were two potentially quite dull and uninspiring combinations.

The surroundings are very comfortable and the place itself is much more spacious than it appears from outside. The staff were friendly and very accommodating - the order in front was complex and involved loyalty cards and addition of cheese and cream to standard menu items, all manner of special requests - throughout this was dealt with professionally and politely and (from what I could hear) the customer got what they wanted. I suppose this kind of flexibility, particularly with food items, is something you don't get with larger chains where food isn't prepared on site.

It represents relatively good value for money in the market. Our order came to £10.30. I've paid more than that for a lukewarm tea and mediocre cake elsewhere.

It felt like a cafe but done really well. The broad range of a chain, but the special touches of an independent. I was very impressed and wish I'd ventured in to have a look sooner. I'd definitely go back and would recommend as a place for coffee, cake, cold drinks, and lunch.

Reviewed May 18, 2017 via mobile

I popped into this nice town of Northwich and was looking in the high street and found viva coffee and juice. I ordered a coffee and a sandwich and went to sit down at a table clutching my silver table number stand which was given by the very happy staff who gave an impressionable feeling of positiveness about working here. One of the best experience of coming here was the seats are so soft and comfy as you slid into it I just wanted to relax have a kip. My order was whisked to my table in minutes and server was very courteous and was off to serve many of the other local people that come here from a lot of older generation as well as the mums with young generation to have chat. I did noticed the staff did acknowledge most of the people leave with a nice "cheerio or have a lovely day" and "thank you see you soon" that's a great pride of this team and their customers.
The seating area was easy enough to hold prams and also people with wheelchairs it's good for people with disabilities. The lighting is adequate and the experience was very good. If I had another chance to come here again I would head straight for this great place rather than the big chain coffee shops.

Reviewed May 10, 2017

Needed something quick to eat for lunch and this was ideal. Basic toasted sandwiches with a side salad, just what we wanted. Quick service in a clean environment.

Reviewed April 28, 2017

I think people walk past viva without ever going in, I did but then I fancied a change and went for a coffee, I'm glad I did. The staff were lovely, the coffee was great and the cakes were to die for. I will definitely be going back