See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 10, 2017 via mobile

Walk in at 18:00, so didn't expect a table. Surprised that there was one. Lovely, but sadly, down came a projector screen over the table to show a football match, but ok, can cope with that....but....just when about to order from what seemed like a reasonably average menu, (you order at the bar), up came the sound....end of anybody having a conversation anywhere in the vicinity. I felt sorry for two lady guests whose food had just arrived, their faces fell. We left. Have eaten here lots, food always professional and determinedly average, staff always helpful and happy; but on this occasion made staying for dinner impossible.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2016 via mobile

My friend and I spent one night at the hotel before we spent the next day in the spa. The executive room was comfortable and well appointed. The bathroom was clean with good toiletries and plenty of fluffy towels. The buffet breakfast was OK. The dining room was very busy and the dishes of food could have done with being replenished before they became completely empty - it's not a good start to the day to have to wait in line for your food.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2016

Monday evening drinks with the bf ruined by a 5' homophobic petty princess!
Shocking service, mostly from the Princess had us both scratching our heads and questioning our sanity! Whilst the bf searched for my cardigan and drinks which went walkies during the 5 minutes spent outside having a cigarette, I queried the £2 difference for 2 rounds of 2 exact drink's! Princess said £9 for a small wine and G & T was correct! Apart from the homophobic comment that obviously slipped out, princess failed to explain the £2 difference and left us both standing there staring into space! Homophobic slur, poor service and shockingly different prices apart, we expected better! We probably will return sometime, just not on a Monday evening when petty princess is commandeering the bar! Princess, it's 2016 and our money's as good as anyone's so get that chip off your shoulder and grow up! Bad night all round!

Stayed: September 2016
Reviewed August 22, 2016

Although the staff on check-in and check-out were great, we were travelling to the hotel as we were attending a wedding that afternoon. Check-in was 2pm (as was the wedding) and travelling up from London was going to cause us logistical problems. I understand that an early check-in can never be guaranteed (I have worked front of house at a 5 star hotel in Manchester for several years while studying at university) I was shocked at the lack of willingness to help when I called on two separate occasions to explain the situation; topped off by the comment "Well, only if they're not busy" when asked if at the very least we could shower in the leisure facilities an hour before check-in. It made the whole morning of the wedding rather stressful. Had the wedding not have been at the hotel, I would have booked elsewhere running up to the ceremony.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2016 via mobile

Went for a pub lunch in the bar side of the hotel the food was excellent and very well cooked, the staff were very friendly and helpful, I have been told they do a lovely Sunday lunch so will be calling in there in the not so distant future. Thank you for a lovely meal

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple