“Very nice”

Grosvenor Arms Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pulford
Reviewed 11 October 2017

We attended a wedding at the hotel. The staff were very attentive and friendly. The food was very nice and the room very comfortable.

My only disappointment was that the pool policy prevented our daughter from swimming after 6.30pm. I fully appreciate that people may choose to swim without children getting in the way, however disappointing when the pool was as good as empty.

Wifi was also very patchy - but this was not necessarily a bad thing.

The breakfast was also very nice, although the restaurant was very hot.

Would definitely recommend

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Sunday, 1.30 pm ate in the bar, ordered the french onion soup £5.95 , excellent, and the turkey roast £13.95 not so good.

Arrived at the Nelsons bar, served by the bar manager, Id say efficient, told to find a table and order at the bar. A few other staff came around serving other customers and all seemed similar style of work, I made a point to my wife that not one of them smiled or gave a pleasant retort to myself or any customers they dealt with., just all over erm, efficiency or slight dis interest.

Soup arrived, waiter was efficient again, was very nice soup. Overall the place seemed quiet for a sunday lunch time, I expected to be very busy as we approached so were pleased we got a table without booking. I had a wander through to Ciros where they do the carvery lunches and was again surprised it wasnt busy.

Main course arrived, and was average at best. Turkey was fine, cant go wrong there.... roast pots were half empty inside and thick crunch on the outside, almost like yesterdays reheated but surely not, we made the comment they were like aunt bessies bought in. Veggies were frsh and steamed and hot, but quite bland, fine I can understand that, the real let down was the gravy, what a complete flavourless liquid. Luke warm, watery and flavourless. Good gravy can rescue a meal. Stuffing was small little patties full of flavour suspect bought in again. Mash, we debated smash or not? I said not I THINK, but again quite bland.

Anyway we both ate up and both made the same comment, 4 or 5 out of 10 if we had to score, and probably wouldnt recommend, though wouldnt say it was terrible.

The waiter did come over and ask if everything was ok mid meal, and I replied, the food was not too bad but the gravy was awful, his reply "very good enjoy" and whizzed off, He he, this made me laugh .

Went to pay the young dark haired lady, "was everything ok" she asked, I gave her the same reply as I gave the waiter, 5 second pause and she said" Oh I hate watery gravy" enjoy the rest of your day.

Thinking back , I think we now know the reasons why it was half full, its about half quality of what you'd expect form a place like this.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

I love it here, the food is always great in the bar, and service always superb, especially from Jorge.
It feels very high quality yet, is very welcoming and comfortable for couples and families.

My only recommendation would be to vary the bar food menu occasionally.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Beautiful hotel. So picturesque. Fantastic wedding venue. We visited for a roast dinner. The food was lovely. Best roast I have had. Only issue was the beef was really fatty so I couldn't eat it but everything else was faultless

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

Walk in at 18:00, so didn't expect a table. Surprised that there was one. Lovely, but sadly, down came a projector screen over the table to show a football match, but ok, can cope with that....but....just when about to order from what seemed like a reasonably average menu, (you order at the bar), up came the sound....end of anybody having a conversation anywhere in the vicinity. I felt sorry for two lady guests whose food had just arrived, their faces fell. We left. Have eaten here lots, food always professional and determinedly average, staff always helpful and happy; but on this occasion made staying for dinner impossible.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

My friend and I spent one night at the hotel before we spent the next day in the spa. The executive room was comfortable and well appointed. The bathroom was clean with good toiletries and plenty of fluffy towels. The buffet breakfast was OK. The dining room was very busy and the dishes of food could have done with being replenished before they became completely empty - it's not a good start to the day to have to wait in line for your food.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2016

Monday evening drinks with the bf ruined by a 5' homophobic petty princess!
Shocking service, mostly from the Princess had us both scratching our heads and questioning our sanity! Whilst the bf searched for my cardigan and drinks which went walkies during the 5 minutes spent outside having a cigarette, I queried the £2 difference for 2 rounds of 2 exact drink's! Princess said £9 for a small wine and G & T was correct! Apart from the homophobic comment that obviously slipped out, princess failed to explain the £2 difference and left us both standing there staring into space! Homophobic slur, poor service and shockingly different prices apart, we expected better! We probably will return sometime, just not on a Monday evening when petty princess is commandeering the bar! Princess, it's 2016 and our money's as good as anyone's so get that chip off your shoulder and grow up! Bad night all round!

Stayed: September 2016
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pulford
1.2 km away
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
2.0 km away
Hallmark Hotel Llyndir Hall, Chester South
2.6 km away
Rossett Hall Hotel
Rossett Hall Hotel
#2 of 2 in Rossett

Been to Grosvenor Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!