New House Farm
US$181
PremierInn.com
TripAdvisor
Ravenstone Lodge Hotel(Bassenthwaite)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshot tubcream teastable roomtea roomthe main housefour poster bedsconesb blake districtroaring firewedding venueon arrivalbreathtaking scenerynothing is too much troubleeach morninglittle gemguest house
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great relaxing stay in this amazing well thought out place. The rooms are to a very high standard and very spacious. The grounds and scenery is spectacular. Food 5 star. Hazel the owner is great. Very chatty and cheerful. Nothing is too much for her and she is always at hand. Very dog friendly aswell. Great walks nearby and to finish off with the hot tub outside with a great views of the mountains. Absolutely loved it. We will definitively be back.
Thank you hazel. X

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
ladyinthelakes, Owner at New House Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Petra, we're so glad you enjoyed your stay, thank you very much for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon! Best wishes, Hazel

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

The setting and sunny blue skies were amazing and perfect for a winter country wedding. A well organised event through out with delicious food. Sticky toffee pudding with ice cream did not dissapoint. All staff very well trained and courteous were a credit to Hazel the owner who herself was lovely and efficient with nothing too much trouble. We were lucky enough to be shown around the accommodation which was incredible with lots of blazing log fires and comfortable furniture. Amazing bedroom with free standing bath.
Extremely cold weather meant at times that some of the rooms in the barn were cold but staff kept the log burners topped up and provided lots of tea and coffee on request. I would recommend the venue to everyone and will put it on my places to visit again when the tea rooms are open.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends

Hi and thank you for your excellent review, I'm so pleased you enjoyed our location, accommodation and food. All the team work hard to make every wedding a dream come true for the happy couple and their guests, so it's great to know that our hard work has payed off when we receive such a lovely review! Thank you for your recommendation, we look forward to welcoming you to our tearoom soon.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

Myself and my husband chose New House Farm for our wedding in October 2017 and I honestly don't think it could have gone any better - it is in a beautiful location and the accommodation was lovely, especially cosying up in front of the fire after a long day of venue decorating! Hazel was amazing throughout, right from booking the venue itself until the big day, answering all our queries, which varied from confetti to guest special requirements. Thank you so much Hazel!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your 5* review, I am delighted to hear that we ticked all the boxes for your wedding, it was a wonderful day and I'm so pleased to have been a part of it. I hope you can both return for a stay very soon. Best wishes, Hazel

Reviewed 14 February 2018

There are so many wedding venues for weddings in the Lake District that it was difficult to chose, but for us New House Farm stood out as ideal for an elopement. We didn't want it to be at a large impersonal hotel and even though all the reviews were for quite large weddings in the barn Hazel assured us that she would be happy to host our elopement and that we could have the ceremony in the main house.

The house is truly beautiful, the pictures just don't do it justice. Everything oozes quality and luxury, just what you want for your wedding day.

The day started off with a great breakfast in front of a roaring fire. Our ceremony took place in a lovely cosy room in front of another roaring fire with just us, the Registrars, Hazel and the photographer as witnesses and Paws (the dog). Then we were whisked off by our photographer for a short photo shoot in some of his favourite local spots, to be dropped off for lunch at an excellent restaurant very near by. To finish off a perfect day we went off to the pub in the evening a couple of miles away. What more could we want!

So thanks Hazel for helping us have a perfect wedding day.

Dawn and Ian

Room Tip: Every room is beautiful, but we loved the one we had with the roll topped bath
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi Dawn and Ian, thank you both so much for your wonderful feedback, I'm delighted to read your review. It was an honour to be a part of your special day, it was fabulous. I hope you and Paws can make it back for a stay in the house in future! All the best, Hazel.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed here prior to our wedding 2015 so decided to visit again for my husbands birthday as it was so lovely
Sadly en route to New House Farm ( just 2 miles away) we were involved in a car accident and I was taken by ambulance to the nearest A&E.
My husband was taken on to the hotel with our belongings by the police as our car was written off.
On arrival he explained the situation to the owner Hazel. She was fantastic and helped him get a new car etc sorted out. She then drove him 40 miles to the hospital, refusing to allow him to get a taxi despite having other guests.
She made us a lovely GF breakfast the next morning much later than normal as I was quite unwell and didnt leave the hospital until 2am. Hazel and her beautiful home are lovely. She is an amazing host, a charming lady and very kind. The rooms are gorgeous and the hot tub in the snow was just what was needed after our ordeal. I would HIGHLY recommend this place and will most certainly visit again

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
ladyinthelakes, Owner at New House Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Hi and thank you so much for sharing your review. I'm delighted you chose to return for a stay, it's so unfortunate you had an accident on the way to us. Your praises are very much appreciated, it was my pleasure to have been able to help in any way and I hope you are both feeling better now!

I'm so pleased you plan to return for another visit, I look forward to welcoming you back to New House Farm soon.

Best wishes,