Newby Bridge Hotel(Newby Bridge)
US$83
US$81
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$101/night.

• Breakfast included
Lakeland Village(Newby Bridge)
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
Swan Hotel & Spa(Newby Bridge)
TripAdvisor
Lakes End Guest House(Newby Bridge)
1,456 results
All reviewslake viewjohn ruskinafternoon teamain restaurantfine diningtraditional hotelper headlake districtnothing is too much troublesteamerssandwichesstunning locationspecial occasionhotel facilitieslovely hoteltop classsteam train
Reviewed February 15, 2018 via mobile

We spent two nights here for a birthday weekend with two rooms with one overlooking the Lake which was a bonus. We ate in both restaurants which exceeded my expectations for an independent hotel. The service is really good and this is down to two excellent managers in each restaurant who get the very best out of the staff who I suspect aren't that experienced. We also had treatments in the spa which were good quality. The location on the water is great and there are some local walks from the hotel, but if you want the high fells the closest are 45 mins drive away along the other side of the Lake reached via Newby Bridge. A really good stay that exceeded my expectations.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed February 14, 2018

Recently had a 2 night stay at this lovely hotel - all the staff are wonderful, especially Christophe in the Restaurant, what a fabulous guy; Lovely Catarina even remembered us from before Christmas when we called in one afternoon for a coffee with our Border Collie (NB: dogs are only allowed in the Conservatory and bar area, and are not allowed in the rooms). Also Nathan the Ops Manager was particularly helpful during our stay which was appreciated and not forgetting Derek, the hard working porter. The Spa area, especially the 17 mtr pool, was amazing, great for doing your lengths; these facilities certainly help make this hotel stand out for us as the Spa area was included in the room rate and exclusive to hotel guests (obviously treatments are extra) - very relaxing indeed. Breakfast was excellent with lots of choice and available up to 11am, what a great idea for a relaxing morning. Lake view Restaurant has a lovely ambience with good food and an excellent wine list. All in all an fabulous relaxing stay, can't wait to return, see you soon. Carole & Alan

Reviewed February 12, 2018

Lakeside

I don't write many reviews, generally only if very bad or very good. Either to warn prospective fellow guests off, or to say, 'you must go there'

I am pleased to say Lakeside Hotel is one that really does tick all the boxes.

I see that one-or-two previous reviews suggest Lakeside may be a bit expensive. I think this is all about what we (the customer) may be looking for.
There are many, very good, 'budget' type hotels.
Lakeside Hotel & Spa does list itself as a 'Four star Superior Hotel' and that (in the view of my wife and myself) is exactly what it is.

The setting is magnificent, literally on the shore of lake Windermere. However, the setting is just about constructing a hotel in the right place. There are so many different facets that make the Lakeside hotel so very good:
It is quite a big hotel that appears to have been gradually expanded, over the years. It does, however, retain a certain 'English' quality, throughout. By that I mean the interior of the hotel is tastefully and classically furnished. The exterior is everything one would expect of a building in the Lake District. Bear in mind there are many 'mod cons' included within the hotel, which have been very skillfully 'disguised' within the structure

When we come to a hotel, like the Lakeside, we want to totally relax, be pampered (a bit), to stay in excellent surroundings, to receive first class service, to enjoy gourmet meals and interact with friendly, helpful people.
Well, we got all of that during our five night stay.

We stayed in one of the Lodge suites. It was fabulous - in the quality of the decor, comfort & facilities also the stunning views of lake Windermere. We even woke up to a covering of snow, on our first morning - I don't know how they organised that!

We chose the Lakeside because, as we were staying in February, we thought it would be ideal, both for exploring the area, also as a refuge if the weather was such that we did not want to venture too far. So it proved, you can lose yourself, within the hotel, if you so wish.

One thing that really impressed us was the level and quality of service, from all the staff. Sometimes service can be a bit over the top and / or too 'in your face'. Lakeside would appear to have invested a lot of time and effort in ensuring all of their staff are the right people, doing what they do in the correct way.
We can honestly say that we did not receive anything but exemplary service. There are many examples of where individual members of staff went out of their way for us. Everyone was friendly and very approachable.
We think, possibly, the main reason for this is how happy everybody seems to be, working at the Lakeside Hotel. We spoke with a good number of staff members and it came across how happy they were to be working at the hotel. How many people will say to you, "I wake up each morning, thinking how lucky I am to be working here" or "This is not a bad 'office', is it?" - both direct quotes from staff members we spoke to.

If, like us, you are in to your flora, there is a huge conservatory with some excellent specimens, particularly many varieties of pelargonium. The gardens are also a delight. Bear in mind we walked around the gardens I deepest February! You can see the expertise and care that has gone in to the gardens. We also spoke to the head gardener and his colleague, who (obviously) know what they are talking about and were very generous with their time and advice for a couple of guests, strolling through their gardens.
We must return in the summer!

The hotel seems to offer a minimum B&B booking. The breakfasts are really varied. You can have a selection of cooked breakfasts, or continental, or both! As, throughout the hotel, the service is slick and to a high standard. The food is excellent.
I don't want to bore by going on too much about the cuisine on offer, do have a look at the website. Suffice to say it is of very high quality & standard and the service is everything you would expect.
Just as an example, two particular dishes (which we have prepared, ourselves, in the past) were so good that, after we mentioned it to a lady on reception, we received a copy of the specific recipe, from the chef, the following morning.
I think examples like this; highlight when people are going over and above what is required.

Forgive me if I enthuse too much, but the Lakeside Hotel & Spa really is gem beside lake Windermere.
If you want a high-class hotel, where you can indulge yourself and enjoy first class service and facilities, whilst receiving 'good value' for what you get - do visit Lakeside Hotel & Spa.

I have deliberately not mentioned specific members of staff, by name, in this review. That has been done, directly to the hotel. The essence of this review is that it appears that all staff members operate to the same high standard.

I haven't even mentioned the pool & spa. Basically the same standard as the rest of the hotel, but I do not want to go on too much, visit and enjoy!

Room Tip: Overlooking Lake Windermere, would be a good idea
7  Thank Peter S
Reviewed February 11, 2018

Having not visited the Lakeside for some time we were really looking forward to our stay. We usually call into Bowness on our journey from Newcastle to Newby Bridge and we saw signs to say that our usual route via the A592 along the edge of the Lake was closed. The diversion wasn't clear even using a sat nav. I'm sure we went the wrong way. The diversion added about 35 miles and about 45 minutes to our journey. Very stressful. As the A592 will be closed until April this year and Jan to end March next year check the alternative route before your journey.
The hotel being 4* offers the service you would expect, excellent. Our Garden room in the Country House section did have a couple of problems which we brought to attention of the duty manager, Daniel who took our points on board and adressed our complaint.
The views across the lake to the snow covered hills were fantastic.
We are now looking forward to our next visit in the not too distant future.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
LSHotel, Reception at Lakeside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2018

Lakeside Hotel and the shores of Lake Windermere are still only 15 minutes from the M6
The most popular access to Lakeside from the M6 - junction 36 to Newby Bridge, via the A590, is not affected at all by this short term closure.
We are very sorry you were delayed by the road closure from Bowness to Newby Bridge.

Reviewed February 7, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed here many times and always found everything to be perfect, however this weekend 2nd to 4th feb we stayed in room 407which was terribly cold, as was the bathroom. Had to buy warmer pyjamas just to make it bearable!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple