Seacote Caravan Park
US$89
Seacote Hotel(St Bees)
US$67
US$65
Grove Court Hotel(Cleator)(Great Value!)
US$67
Ennerdale Country House Hotel(Cleator)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$335
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscentral heatingrock poolslovely siteafter reading some of the reviewsthe cliffcamper vanfamily holidaythe beach is greatst bees headmini breakfantastic viewstea shopbasic thingsclamsrelaxing breakadventure playgroundgreat base for exploring
Reviewed March 15, 2012

my husband an I went to seacote hotel for a long weekend for our 1st wedding anniversary the staff were fantastic and always helpful, the views were stunning and the hotel was very clean and warm, the food was also superb, not 1 single complaint and will definately be returning

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Nicola R
Reviewed March 3, 2012

I stay at this caravan park for a long weekend for the Whitehaven festival . The first time I visited st bees I fell in love with the place I'd definitely go back in fact I'm going to book again this year I stay in Scotland and think this is the cleanest caravan park iv ever been in !!! We booked the pets van in order to take my little dog but at the last min left her at home the van was spotless & my ant rented a van on the same park her van was beauty full I can't wait to return I hope that this helps people it's a lovely place ; ) x

Room Tip: We booked 1 on the front row with a sea view ; ) x
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Sharon D
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Stayed on a weekend break with a friend. Location is very nice and the hotel was generally warm, clean and comfortable.There's obviously been an attempt at a refurb - would have been better to refurb a little less and pay a little more attention to detail i.e. two inch gap between bathroom door frame, and the tiles, paint over the edge of safety signs (which hadn't been removed for redecoration) reception chairs with rips in them and a paint splattered coffee table. Evening meal was plentiful and breakfast nice and hot - waiting staff are their best asset - very attentive although rushed off their feet - Dale gave exceptional service.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Martha5100
Reviewed December 26, 2011

I'm only 18 but I've stayed on the touring park and in static caravans on 21 seperate occasions. I love the site, the staff are friendly and the location is amazing. Every year we come up for easter or august bank holiday. We have family who live in Whitehaven and the site is in an ideal location for us to walk to visit them or its only a 5 min drive. The site is situated right on the beach and is really accessible for everyone. When the tide is out you can walk right down the beach and back into St'Bees, the tide goes really far out and after the pebele start the beach is clean and a lovely sandy beach. I have a family member in a wheelchair and with the lifeboats ramp she can easily get down onto the sand and she gets to enjoy it as much as we do. Even when the tide is in you can still enjoy a sea front walk along the walkway which runs right along the front of the car park.
I would recommend this site to anyone, I absolutely love it here and even after 18 years and 21 visits i'm still looking forward to our easter trip and then for a week in summer with a couple of friends.

Room Tip: Book direct through the seacote site, not through Hoeseasons- the caravans are in a better location are cleaner and generally nicer.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank cara1234
Reviewed November 2, 2011

We booked a week at Seacote caravan park in May 2011 on the basis of the description in the Hoseasons brochure. When we arrived late afternoon the staff were friendly and helpful. The caravan was at the rear of the park in a slightly elevated position, from the living room we could sea the clifs and the sea; albeit over the tops of the caravans in front of us. The caravan was clean tidy and with central heating warm.
Yes as the other reviews say there's not a lot to do , but it is peaceful and relaxing. We tend to eat out on holiday, and either had a take a way (Egremont is oly a short distance away) or ate at the Seacote hotel.
The food was always hot, and large portions, the service was always polite and helpful.
When were leaving, we booked a further week late Sept. This time the caravan was much larger and was on the sea front with uninterupted views of the cliffs and Irish sea. (the tourers do park on the sea front but this area finished before our site so we had no one in front of us)Being late Sept we had packed mostly winter gear but spent the week wearing t shirts.
If you want a get away from it all peaceful holiday this is the place. We have stayed at parks with a club, pool 5* restuarant, hot tub etc but of all the holidays we enjoyed this more than any other, holidays are what you make of them

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family