“Fresh food”

Ranked #3 of 9 Restaurants in Staveley
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery
Description: Our Cafe is tricky to find at the back of The Mill Yard by the river, but deserves to be found for all sorts of reasons.... Based in the old Bobbin Loft with some of the old line workings still in place, we have traditional seating plus a cozy sofa area inside plus decking over looking the river Kent for warmer days.
Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed vegetable chilli with pitta bread and salad. Lovely having an adult only area in a busy cafe.

Food always tasty served with salads, a tomato salad, sweet corn and pasta salads were today's specials.

Only downside was it was fairly cool indoors, this was also true on our last visit.

Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

Came in here after buying artisan bread two doors away ! We wish we hadn't already eaten before we came as the food looked amazing ! We had a beverage tea and a hot chocolate - great for family's and couples they have a designated area for families with crayons books etc for kiddies . Worth a visit ! We would certainly come back !

Reviewed September 13, 2017

Having been before we called for light lunch today .busy but prompt service .two jacket potatoes with different fillings .mine tuna mayo and salad very nice .but to my revulsion I had what I thought a hard piece of lettuce in my teeth after finishing my food only to find it to be a finger nail .as I write this I still cannot believe this .will not be returning.did not complain as I couldn't believe it .

1  Thank Stephen W
Reviewed September 6, 2017

We walked out yesterday. Miserable face and attitude to other customers of the person 'serving' whilst we stood in the queue put us off. Why do so many people seem to put up with being treated like this? There is certainly a problem with the 'system' here and presumably a shortage of staff (maybe the two are linked?). However, even with such problems, basic staff training should kick in - i.e. make customers feel delighted to be there and that you are delighted to have them. We went to Café Eclec instead. Lovely food and service there.

1  Thank Happy4u23
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

We stopped at Wilf's Cafe between Kendal and Windermere, and although the parking lot that the cafe shares with other businesses was crowded, there was plenty of room in the restaurant.

It has a variety of indoor and outdoor seating. The tables on the terrace outside in the back overlooking the stream are particularly nice. There was even a kingfisher dipping back and forth across the water. These are much nicer than the picnic benches that are adjacent to the parking lot.

You queue at the till at the front of the restaurant to order, and then the food is brought to your table. We had large tasty sandwiches, but there are also hot dishes and cakes.

I'd definitely recommend Wilf's for a relaxed lunch outside by the water on a sunny day.