All reviews cafe bar outdoor pool on site the pub tissington trail tent pitches play area school holidays half price holiday park nice site man tent camping equipment great camping camping trip football pitch family bar
Reviewed October 6, 2016 via mobile

My partner and I chose the camp site due to its close proximity to the Cycling Tissington Trail. The site is well managed with a shop, cafe and cozy pub. Certainly worth paying a visit if you're looking for a place to begin your hike or cycle.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2016 via mobile

We arrived Saturday afternoon for the weekend was booked in till Monday , was very happy with the speed of checkin and was soon putting the tent up , we were in field 5 which was not to far from the toilets / washarea , site is well maintained , toilets clean and washing up area spotless . We couldn't go to the pub as we had our dog but we did sit down on the benches and had a drink from Arnold's bar . The shop was well stocked and reasonable priced we bought a few things and were happy with our purchases. We did follow a sign on the campsite to walk to Ashbourne but only made it so far to realise it was a very steep hill and since it was muddy we were slipping all over the place , I suggest if u won't to walk to Ashbourne follow the road out of the car park but be warned you have a steep hill to get back to site ha ha , overall a pleasant stay , but can imagine in high season this would be a very busy site .

Stayed: October 2016
Reviewed October 2, 2016 via mobile

This park OK but caravans pitches are to close together and it can be noisy a bit far out you have walks but not much to see unless you go out of the park by car one pub in centre expensive supermarket on site

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2016 via mobile

We (myself, husband and 2 1/2 y.o.) went here in early September, taking advantage of the 2-4-1 deal they had on. On the pitch next to us was my friend's family consisting of two adults, a 3 y.o. and a 1 y.o. Upon arrival my heart sank: the site is huge, with a massive queue to check in. However there was a man on the gate who helped to speed is along. We were in field 7. Great as it was much quieter than other fields: many had music blaring day and evening and drunks staggering around too! The downside was there was no toilet block here. Not a problem as the weather was great when we were there but I could see it being a real pain if it was raining. There needed to be more pot washing facilities for the amount of people there too and another shower block would have been good (although we never had to queue for is).
Toilets were clean as were the showers and the site was well maintained. On the Friday night, a night watchman came round to ensure we were all quiet at 11: reassuring as we had young children! This wasn't enforced on the Saturday but luckily it wasn't too noisy.
The pool is very small for such a huge site and too cold too! My daughter was too scared to go in the big pool as it was so crowded with children screaming, splashing and jumping in. I love swimming but didn't bother her!
We didn't try out the entertainment as it wasn't 'our cup of tea': lots of 'boozed up' people around the park both day and night.
To conclude, we did have an enjoyable weekend and no major complaints, but wouldn't return.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2016 via mobile

Went for a long weekend with my partner and 2 kids and my sister and her family had a lovely weekend although it was very cold. Kids loved the pool. Cafe was lovely had lovely food in the pub one evening with lovely staff. There was a few people that was there that was a bit disrespectful with keeping there cars running late until early hours the warden came to tell us at 11 to turn our radio down which was on very low yet others seemed to get away with having there's on still. I think it's all about people having respect for one another and unfortunately some people are disrespectful all in all a good weekend

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family