“Reward”

Cuisines: European, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

We’ve been to Angelos before and had never had a bad meal so when it came to rewarding the other half for spending long hours decorating and tiling our new kitchen, I knew where he’d like to go. To make the experience even more special, we went to the Wirksworth beer festival beforehand and sat listening to wonderful bands and enjoyed the company of new friends.

The only problem at the New Inn is parking if you go late and on a windy Saturday finding parking on side streets is not enjoyable.
However, we were shown to our seats and the atmosphere was fantastic-lively and boisterous. There was bread on the table to nibble at, the service was exceptional, the food out of this world (as always) and we had a thoroughly enjoyable evening.

The older I get, the more frustrated I become waiting for the bill as all I want to do is get home but eventually it did arrive.

Many thanks to the wonderful, friendly staff who on a busy Saturday night managed to keep smiling. You continue to maintain the high standards you set yourself.

Reviewed October 22, 2017

Stayed at Makeney Hall hotel and visited Angelo's for dinner one evening.
Nice setting and good food, with generous complimentary bread portions.
Reasonable prices too.

Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

We have been to this restaurant several times over the past few years. The staff are polite and it is well managed. Food is always of a consistently high standard. The wine choice is varied and again of a good standard. We will always return here and suggest you do the same

Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

I would give 10 stars if possible. I avoid Italians as I can’t eat any dairy. No longer. From their initial check with me about my diet and on, I could not fault them. All the food was wonderful, and the glass of red wine I was recommended was superb. However, this is not just for us difficult ones. My husband was equally enthusiastic for his baked Camembert and beef with tagliatelle followed by the cheesecake. I had the spaghetti marinara followed by the duck and DF roast potatoes and veg. This is the first menu I have seen with a dairy free hot pudding, and I was offered dairy free cream, custard or ice cream but I was just too full. A return visit is necessary. Soon!!!

Reviewed October 18, 2017 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend went last night as a last minute option and I’m so glad we did! The starters were amazing! For mains we had lasagna and steak, once again both amazing! Staff are extremely polite and it seems very experienced. Beautiful decor, would 100% recommend!