“Super food and an amazing restaurant setting”

Tom Yum Thai Kitchen
Ranked #7 of 88 Restaurants in Belper
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Situated in the historic market town of Belper, Tom Yum Thai is in beautiful location whilst remaining convenient. Right by Chucklebutties play centre, it's the perfect place to stop after a day spent with family. If you're after relaxation, this restaurant is close to the River Derwent, so you can head for a peaceful stroll before your meal. Tom Yum Thai is housed in a historic building, with exposed brick walls and décor that hints at authenticity, from Thai paintings along the walls to trinkets that showcase Thai culture. Since opening its doors in 2013, this restaurant has become a favourite amongst locals for fantastic food in a sophisticated setting, whilst remaining warm and inviting due to the friendly staff. Tom Yum Thai is suited to romantic meals alongside celebrations, as the flexible staff are happy to cater to larger groups. Serving well-presented Thai dishes, Tom Yum Thai has plenty of options to choose from, whatever you fancy. An evening meal here might begin with the Tom Yum Mixed Platter, designed for sharing with loads of favourites, ideal if you've never tasted Thai before and want to try a bit of everything. A more unique offering of BATTERED DUCK BREAST IN CHEF'S TOM YUM COCONUT SAUCE is popular amongst those who want to try something new. If you want a mild main, order CHICKEN OR FILLET OF FISH CHOO CHEE CURRY. Vegetarians are spoilt for choice, with their own starters and mains. Tom Yum Thai's set menu becomes tempting, with chef's recommendations at a great price. For tasty Thai cuisine just a short drive from the centre of Derby, Tom Yum Thai in Belper, Derbyshire is a great choice. An eclectic range of dishes served in an interesting venue makes this an excellent choice whether you want to impress someone special or are arranging a group meal.
Reviewed March 28, 2017

We were a party of 6 in which myself and my wife were veggies.To top it all my wife does not "do" spice(or coriander) ,so Tom yum had a challenge on their hands when we arrived.They served up some really nice food,my wife and I had a sharing veggi starter platter which was really lovely.My wife really enjoyed it.I had a red curry which was delightful,not too spicey,well presented,my wife had a curry that was really mild,but big on flavours.I finished the night with a deep fried vanilla ice cream ball,which when it arrived was the size of a large baseball.It was certainly different and I just had to devour the whole thing,it was a very good way to finish of a lovely evening in very pretty surroundings,the brick vaulted ceilings are amazing.Considering this was a loading bay for boats it's a great place to eat.We will definitely return.

Reviewed March 20, 2017

This was the first time that we have had a take away from Tom Yum. Usually we sit down and eat in. (which is always a joy!).
However, the service was prompt and a tad cheerless. the food though was up to it's usual deliciousness.

Reviewed March 18, 2017 via mobile

We decided to treat ourselves to a Thai take out from Tom Yum for my husband's birthday as we didn't have a babysitter. I can highly recommend this.
Tom Yum does not deliver (as far as I am aware), but collection of the feast we ordered was well worth it!
It really was tasty.
We will do this again - a wonderful alternative if you can't actually make it to the restaurant itself for your meal (which we have also enjoyed on more than one occasion in the past). Thank you Tom Yum!

Reviewed March 12, 2017

Hello. My name is Clay Smith, and i was a very hungry man.
I live in Belper and decided to take my sweetheart out for a meal, as i couldn't be bothered to cook anything (I thought I had left the meatballs to defrost in the fridge, but I hadn't). Anyway, I had some dosh to splash out so i took my sweetheart to Tom Yum, but I did have second thoughts... I was so hungry that I thought a thai meal just wouldn't hit the mustard! (for you Europeans and Americans, that means it just wouldn't satisfy my hunger). But I insisted on having a good meal rather than a large stodgy meal elsewhere in some pub. So, Tom Yum it was. Before we ordered our meal, I thought a bottle of prosecco was needed as I was feeling rather romantic and flush (I had some cash). I would have ordered a bottle of champagne except it cost £40, so I didn't. My sweetheart didn't mind at all (ahem). We had a glass of bubbly and ordered our grub. The meal was delightful, although the waiter got our order wrong. We didn't mind this at all as the food was excellent, and the staff very kind and courteous, and that my sweetheart and I are two very decent people that would'nt kick up a fuss like those inbred imbecile types (you know who you are). Anyway, we ate and I payed. The night at the Thai restaurant was excellent, very elegant, very well behaved. On our way back to my house we stopped at the pub for some beers, and on the way home we shared a bag of chips! Excellent night out with good company and great food (not the bag of chips). Id recommend Tom Yum to anyone that likes good food, good service, and good surroundings. My sweetheart and I got very drunk, we made jokes about sawn-off shots guns and crochet balaclavas, and we rambled our way back to mine. I would have put on the log burner to warm us up but I was too drunk to organise the making of such a thing, so we had a cup of tea, then bed. I am writing this review the day after our night out, and I have a slight headache. x

3  Thank Clay S
Reviewed March 11, 2017 via mobile

Staying over at friends went out alone and luckily got a table in this very. Yay restaurant after only 30 minutes without a booking!!

Well worth the wait good and service first class hope to come here again some time!

1  Thank Barneyw1