“Different and Fun”
Hollywood House - perfect for large groups and events
Large terrace with perfect views, garden furniture, and sun all year round Large decking area with swim spa
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Hollywood House - perfect for large groups and events
Large terrace with perfect views, garden furniture, and sun all year round
Large decking area with swim spa
Beautiful all year round
Hot Tub on a large decked area with rattan sofas and swim spa heated all year.
Artic Cabin, perfect area for BBQs
Artic Cabin for those cooler evenings , toasting marshmallows
We offer a professional croupier service to give a casino night experience.
James Dean Bedroom with Bluetooth Juke Box!
Audrey Hepburn Bedroom
Hollywood House 'The place to stay & celebrate'
Judy Garland bathroom
Hollywood House main entrance
Impressive  entrance gates to Hollywood House
Swim Spa over looking fabulous rural views
Marilyn Monroe Bathroom
Judy Garland Bedroom
Marilyn Monroe room ofcourse !
1920's Greta Garbo !
Sophie Loren and her Italian villa
John Wayne Room
Impressive Entrance to Hollywood House
2 spacious lounges
Grand Entrance
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
“Different and Fun”
Reviewed October 28, 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

This was our offsite location for a week of meetings. Fabulous place in an excellent location with, all the bedrooms individually styled to reflect famous movie stars. I was fortunate enough to have been allocated the James Dean room which had its own Bluetooth jukebox . Conference facilities were good with the only downside being at times the internet connection was a bit hit and miss. Would be a fabulous place to stay with a group of friends or family celebrating a special occasion.

Management Response
29 Oct 2015
Thank you for your review and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay , albeit a working break. Internet connection is always hit and miss away from a city but we are hopeful fibre broadband is on its way !
Claire J
Oxford, United Kingdom
“One of a kind - an experience not just accommodation”
Reviewed October 2, 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

Hollywood House is truly unique, not just in its size and location, but in the whole experience that you get from staying here. If you like themed hotels then this is perfect for you, and even better, you get to see every room! As a film buff, Hollywood House never failed to amaze me, with lots of little touches that really make it different to anywhere else I've stayed (and also help to provide great icebreakers!). So, although it might not be the cheapest accommodation you'll find, it really is worth it for the experience. Men will love the John Wayne or James Bond room, but for girls, the Marilyn Monroe & Sophia Loren rooms are my personal favourites! The decor is well thought out, and the rooms were all clean and spacious.

Pros - the themed rooms provide a really different experience to standard accommodation, with constant surprises (like a working microphone in the Frank Sinatra room!)
Cons - it's not that easy to find the house, and the road leading up to the drive is a bit tricky to manoeuvre!

Liked best: The decor
Liked least: The road leading up to the house
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Claire C
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“The Hanley's 25th Silver Wedding Anniversary”
Reviewed October 2, 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

Lovely setting. Beautiful house. Bedrooms and bathrooms - delightfully decorated and themed. Hobbit hut (bbq place) is amazing and great fun. Facilities suited all ages. Braver folks jumped in the hot tub and pool.

How helpful were the directions to the property? Overall condition of the property
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Spaciousness of it all - allowed folks to spread out.
Liked least: Not exactly wheelchair accessible.
Friends getaway Families with young children
Keaneycal
blackpool
“"Amazing time "”
Reviewed September 13, 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

This place has not long been open & we booked it near on a year ago for my dads 80th Birthday Bash before the renovations had hardly started .
We were apprehensive as we didn't know whether the place would be completed on time but it was and on the whole things went without a hitch . We had a marvellous time and the facilities were great , simply perfect.
We stayed in the Frank Sinatra room which was nice with good quality beds , linen and although we shared a bathroom the quality was excellent with Amazing shower & décor . There were a couple of niggles like no mirrors in the bedroom to dry/brush your hair or a litter bin to dispose of rubbish yet theres plenty of room to do so. Also no hooks to hang your towels / robe in bedroom or shower room . Maybe they havent got round to it yet also think when your paying such high prices for a non ensuite room with shares facilities that robes could be provided . I also think a seperate bar drinks area with chillers would be beneficial as it was difficult to organise food in the main Kitchen when its being doubled up as a bar .
These are just my observations but wouldn't let it deter me from scoring 5 stars as the venue is amazing and the surroundings in which it is set are stunning . Would love to return in the future and would recommend to anyone looking for a special weekend venue . Julia was very helpful throughout the process - A life changing weekend .

" Kerrys Dad "

Liked best: The Pools
Liked least: shared bar / kitchen facilities
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
baldersDe...
derbyshire
“Amazing”
Reviewed September 9, 2015 for a stay in September 2015

We stayed here for my grandads 80th surprise birthday party - Its beautiful & everyone was so pleased with this venue.The dining conservatory is huge & was perfect for our large gathering. The hot tub and spa pool was great and the log cabin is just wow - the bedrooms are AMAZING and we was all so sad to leave. Julia was great with communication as I asked her so many questions & she replied everytime without fail. We shall absolutly reccomend this venue & as a family we are considering using this venue once yearly to get together. Thanks so much for everything.Lots of great memories to be cherished from our stay in such a wonderful place.

lhemstalk
Onchan, United Kingdom
“Filthy and bad customer service ”
Reviewed August 30, 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

Bad customer service and very unorganised. Our evening entertainment nearly didn't happen. It was only when I called to confirm time of croupier that they realised that hadn't booked one!
I was only told that half the house would have boulders in once of booked and spoken to Julia many times - this wasn't mentioned. After I found out it was too late to change as we got married in July and out stay at Hollywood house was the day after we got back from honeymoon.

Dusty - as thick as a rug under chairs in lounge

All dishes,cups and utensils needed washing before use

Plunge pool full of dead bugs and leaves

Builders walking around

Spiderwebs covering chandeliers

When I reported my disappointment I got a response full of denial.

All my guests complained about something different.

The house looks impressive but is grubby inside. The bed sheets had been changed in the main house but in the garden room our sheets were old and dirty.

This was my husbands surprise 40th and the whole place was grubby. Not what I expected when the place has only just opened

I won't recommend!! We also had neighbours complained that they hated the house and the people that stayed in it. We were a family group with young children so they didn't mind is.

I'm not one to complain so when I expressed my disappointment I was even more upset to get a response full off denial to which I replied with more evidence of the complaints my guests made I got no response! Terrible customer service!!

Management Response
1 Sep 2015
As the reviewer has stated we wholly refute the claims in this review, we specialize in large group bookings with 3 other established venues, the standard of the housekeeping in all the properties is exceptionally high. As this booking was during the week they were informed from the outset that the building work would be on going during their stay, they also visited Hollywood House in the months prior to arrival and were more than happy with their choice. Although a croupier had not been requested for this booking we managed to arrange this at very short notice. The statements made are clearly in sharp contrast to the reviews of other guests that have recently stayed at Hollywood House.
Hollywood House is now fully open with further photos of this fabulous house going on line shortly.
Rebecca S
“Absolutely amazing house and grounds”
Reviewed July 20, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

I stayed at Hollywood house for my hen do with 20 ladies. The house exceeded all my expectations. The beautiful driveway up to the manor was surrounded by lovely gardens. On my arrival I was overwhelmed by the grand looking building. There was still work being done on the extension at the side of the house but this was well disguised by the decorative fencing of Hollywood stars. The house was impressive and large that the extension didn't bother us and was soon forgotten. There was plenty of room to relax in the grand sitting areas and the dining room was lovely and looked out over the country side. The kitchen had great facilities and it was easy to cater for all the hens. Each bedroom was well thought out and designed around famous Hollywood stars, the decor blew me away and I was absolutely amaze by the effort gone into all the detail. The rooms were clean and bathrooms were also decorated in the same theme. I couldn't fault the hot tub and plunge pool, it was fabulous looking out over the fantastic views. We all had a BBQ in the article cabin which was a fantastic experience and very cute. This is by far one of the best places I have ever stayed and it absolutely made my hen weekend! I would definitely recommend large groups to book Hollywood house if they want an experience of a life time.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The themed rooms
Liked least: The work being done on the conservatory
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing