All reviews amber valley higham farm car park themed bedrooms steak night wedding party main meal fantastic hotel chain hotels churchill suite special thanks cooked to perfection evening meal saturday night afternoon tea food was lovely self service
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

Absolutely wonderful afternoon celebrating my dad's 80th birthday.
We had afternoon tea and how lovely it was too.
The sandwiches were delicious and so beautifully presented. Scones to die for with jam and cream and a savoury scone too, they were tasty and warm. Selection of cakes & macaroons , strawberry/pancetta mousse, tea/coffee (and we paid extra for bucks fizz.) The portions were plentiful.
All the staff were professional. Tyler who served us went the extra mile, he's a credit!
I'm sure I can speak for the whole party and say it was a wonderful experience. If you're thinking of afternoon tea in the area I highly recommend you book Santo's Higham Farm.
5*food, 5*service, 5*presentation and 5*room.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank jillt682
Reviewed July 23, 2018

WHAT A LOVELY HOTEL !! My husband and I have just stayed here and we enjoyed every minute of it! The hotel has such a nice atmosphere about it, so relaxed!! The Suite we stayed in was both beautiful, yet very comfortable. We had a 3 course meal in the lovely restaurant, and all the staff in there were very attentive throughout! The food was AMAZING!! We decided to have our dessert by room service, and nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff! The bed was really comfortable, followed by the Full English Breakfast which was cooked to perfection! We had such a lovely time that we have booked again for our Wedding Anniversary, later in the year! Many thanks to Santos, Roma and all the team for making our stay in your hotel as lovely as it was, and we will see you for our next stay!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank CatherineS1969
Reviewed July 8, 2018

Set in the beautiful Derbyshire village of Higham adjacent to the Peak District this charming hotel has once more made our 400 mile journey to get there well worth the effort. We have now visited this hotel on four occasions...spending in excess of a week there on all four visits.

Why do we go back?
The staff are wonderful and the accommodation provided is truly wonderful. The meals are of a very high standard and the comprehensive menu provides a wide range of top quality choices.

Why Getting Better and Better?

In truth it was hard to improve BUT....a new lift has now been installed which provides ease of access for anyone having difficulty with stairs.

A top of the range kitchen has been installed maintaining the ability for the very competent Chef's to provide lovely offerings prepared to high standards.

NEW flooring and seating arrangements has brought a freshness to the hotel, ensuring comfort is maintained in a traditional way....when you consider the buildings are 14th Century the new refurb maintains the character of this charming hotel to the highest standards.

The staff are marvellous and as we've had an extensive visit on each of the last four years my wife and I have been able to gauge the consistency of politeness and attention to detail which today's customer demands....I can genuinely say that the management and staff are as fine as I've ever encountered in my worldwide travels.

I have no connection with this hotel or any staff member....I sit down after each of my visits and give credit where credit is due. I can highly recommend this venue for many celebratory occasions as I have seen them deliver....I even enjoyed my 65th along with a nephew who was celebrating his 21st at the same time.

Room tip: Visit the website or if you can book well before your stay and wish to have a wide choice contact the hotel directly
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank PBIreland000
Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

FANTASTIC !! Just home after enjoying wedding celebrations yesterday and can honestly say we thoroughly enjoyed every minute. From arriving to leaving we felt well looked after by every single member of staff.
Room was lovely and very quirky (8) court yard is beautiful, food was outstanding.
Would certainly recommend and hopefully make return visit. Many thanks for the warm welcome and making our stay so enjoyable.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank themenopausequeen
Reviewed June 27, 2018

We regularly dine here and have stayed on a couple of occasions

Warm welcome , albeit from a slightly dated lounge area.

What I can say is that food is truly excellent and good value. Wholesome favourites ( such as beer battered fish and chips), steaks and chicken burgers.

Chef also varies menu with faire of a higher standard which is both well cooked and presented.

A casual dining option , it one we enjoy of a consistent and high standard

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jackhoff02