“Fun and different wedding venue!”

Donington Park Farmhouse Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Isley Walton
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Fun and different wedding venue!”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

My husband and I got married here October '10... It was perfect for us! we're not very formal people and wasn't having a grand wedding so this was totally us... The rooms are beautifully done... the main point is that they haven't done much to it! We've been to many wedding a typical hotel wedding venues and all of them have been very similar - we even had the same meal at all of them although they were different venues! The food was amazing for a wedding venue, we had the venison for our wedding breakfast which was cooked wonderfully. For tea we had the 3 item BBQ... what can I say - I'm not just being biased but it was amazing, our guests are still talking about it nearly 18 months later!! and the 'selection of deserts' were to die for. The only negative I have is that the rooms are ridiculously expensive for what they are!! they're obviously cashing in on the whole wedding thing! they're a decent size and clean but quite old fashioned. The staff were amazing through the whole process from showing us round to checking out the next day! Thankyou Donington Park Farmhouse Hotel for making our wedding so memorable!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
EmmaZwozny, Manager at Donington Park Farmhouse Hotel, responded to this review, 19 December 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write, we are genuinely delighted to hear that you enjoyed your wedding day, and your kind comments to the staff are very much appreciated and well received.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I attended a wedding recepetion at Donington Park Hotel recently and was pleasently surprised by how good this venue proved. The venue itself was perfect and easily accomodated all of the guests, and the standard of service was very high, as was the quality of the food. All in all it made for a very memorable occassion and I believe all of the guests were very happy. Yes, there might be locations in a higher price bracket that could provide more but, for what it is, the Donington Park Farmhouse hotel is an exceptional venue for a wedding reception.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your visit. We are delighted to hear from you.
Sennybridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Hi i stayed here during march, whilst i was at fia truck racing at donnington race track .
Was very freindly, helpful, and rooms were clean and tidy.
Towels and teas,coffee were refreshed daily.
Prices are well worth it.
Would definatly stop again without a dout .

• Stayed March 2011
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 15 September 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night to attend a wedding. The wedding itself was lovely - the ceremony and evening celebration was in their stunning converted barn and the meal was in the stables, which gave the event an original but still classic feel. The staff were excellent; well-organised, friendly and down-to-earth. I'd highly recommend it as a wedding venue.

We stayed in one of the stable suites, which was unfortunately a let-down. The room was shabby and musty, and not worth the £120 they charged us per night. The breakfast, however, was very tasty and included in the booking.

I gave the hotel a 'very good' rating because its beautifully-converted farm buildings and its staff made our experience there an overall great one, but if I had not attended a wedding at the property and just stayed the night there I would have rated it 'poor'. It's a shame they had not put as much work into converting their stable suites to the same high standard as the rest of the property.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Hellojed
Leicester
Reviewed 31 August 2011

What a wonderful place for a wedding, a happy time was had by all. The complex is a perfect place for your special day with a selection of rooms to choose from. The Wedding went off with out a hitch. The Hotel staff are very friendly accommodating and professional at all times. Not only did the Bride and Groom enjoy themselves but the guests commented on what a fabulous place to hold a wedding. The Hog roast went down a treat. A special thanks to Emma who helped us plan the whole day it was just perfect 10/10. Would recommend this venue to anybody.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank scobey
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I would like to say a Huge thanks to the staff for making me feel so welcome at The Park Farmhouse Hotel, you are all doing a great job and i was very sad to leave :(
The food was Perfect and i know 110% of care and effort was put into every meal.
I would also like to say thank you for not making me feel lonley when i was dinning alone, The one thing a dredded going on the course was that i was on my tod, thanks to you guys it didnt even cross my mind once when i was there.
Housekeepers did a great job, shame i didnt get to meet them.
Well i did pass my course and i really owe it to you for cheering me up and on and relaxing me completly :)
So ill see you all again in two years time.
Thanks again
Your friend
Harriet x

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Harry187050
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2011

However brief, our stay at Donnington Park farmhouse was a well earnt relaxing break. After checking in we went down to the bar for a 'real ale' and then sat down to dinner of homemade fare. succulent pork and venison. Facilities are excellent and staff were so helpful and friendly. Thank - you very much to all staff for a great stay. :o)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3.0 km away
The Coach House
The Coach House
#1 of 3 in Melbourne

Been to Donington Park Farmhouse Hotel? Share your experiences!