All reviews east midlands airport evening meal groupon deal download festival car park an early flight would stay again stayed one night breakfast was buffet style self service following morning national holidays beans excellent value for money close to the airport good nights sleep full english
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Room large and bed comfortable. Plenty of hot water. That's the only good points. Place needs a good coat of paint and a clean. Restaurant has damaged and split chairs, carpet with food bits. Breakfast looked ok just had toast and tea. Staff don't speak unless spoken to, but pleasant when they do.
Only stayed in one night before leaving on holiday so only needed bed and shower would not like to stay any longer. Like I said just needs a really really good clean.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2018

I stayed here 2 nights last weekend whilst demonstrating at the first East Midlands Parchment Exhibition. The staff were very helpful as considering there was quite a few of us staying in the hotel and eating dinner they could not do enough for us.
On arrival I was given a double room right at the far end of the corridor, but as I have a problem with being so far away from hotel Receptions (somehow wherever I stay In the world I always end up there) I asked to be moved and they did without a problem.
My room was big and very clean, there wasn’t a non slip mat in the bath, the bottom of the bath had a sort of non slip area but it was worn down. I had to be very careful getting in and out as I have recently had knee surgery.
This hotel is very close to the M1 Junction 14 and in close proximity to East Midlands Airport.. if I didn’t live 30 mins away I wouldn’t hesitate to stay there overnight before a flight.

I know a few people had problems with keys not working, noise from other residents stYing overnight, breakfasts not being up to scratch, but I personally think you get what you pay for, yes it needs updating, yes they need more staff on, but I was quite happy to stay there.
All told a nice hotel, nothing special, but in a good area, Kegworth Village is ten mins walk with shops and a few restaurants if you don’t want to eat in the hotel,

Room Tip: 1st floor as you just go up four steps but there is a lift
Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

I am given this hotel one star and that’s for the car park, which is spacious and practically empty.
The hotel is very tired and shabby looking. Very 1980s. On the night I stayed I think there were only two members of staff, one Front of House and the other Back of House. My room key didn’t work, I had three keys, none worked. Finally FoH staff member came up to the room and she couldn’t get it to work either. However after kicking the door (literally) and two more tries the door miraculously opened. I asked if there was room service (it’s advertised as having room service) and was told yes ‘just phone reception’. However there was no room service menu and no telephone directory. I dialled 0 and it went to an automated system. I gave up on eating.
My room was a good size but it wasn’t very clean and it was freezing cold, the heater didn’t work.
The breakfast was okay but tinned tomatoes and tinned mushrooms? Seriously?
Returning to my room after breakfast I once again couldn’t enter my room with the key. I tried the kicking of the door technique but clearly I wasn’t kicking it quite right. Two further keys later and with the help of the receptionist I got back into my room.

Personally I will never stay here again. And I would recommend you don’t either.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank MaddyGoesMad
Reviewed October 8, 2018

Arrived at hotel, what a shambles, room allocated not suitable for three people, receptionist totally flustered and really didn't have a clue what was going on and seemed totally out of her depth, rooms tired and could do with a lick of paint, and some serious DIY, flooring outside one of bedrooms sunken and a trip hazard for someone elderly. Hotel booked for dancing competition so they knew would be busy, hardly any staff and hotel restaurant not open!! The food that was ordered came out still frozen! Would not recommend or stay here again.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2018

Cannot beat this Hotel for value for money,
What lovely welcoming staff. Room as expected was small with two single beds.
Nice clean room, noise from other rooms but have had worse, plenty of tea and coffee
Did miss a restaurant to eat in for evening meal.. bar with television not very relaxing but food was
very good, reasonably priced. and quickly served.
Car park spacious with lots of room.
Do be aware there are massive road improvements going on in the area,
we took some time to find the hotel even though we have stayed several times.
Overall full marks to a great hotel, staff and value for money.\

Stayed: October 2018