“Fantastic Food & Service...”

Marco's New York Italian Kegworth
Reserve with OpenTable
Marco's New York Italian Kegworth is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Kegworth
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 April 2017

We were staying at the 'Yew Lodge Hotel' last weekend for my mothers 70th Birthday and had a family meal booked at Marco's. (as we had the bed, breakfast and evening meal deal)

I arrived early to speak to the staff regarding the balloons and cake and they couldn't do enough to help me and make it a special night.

The food choice is mainly Italian with a selection of Steaks... Although it being Italian, most of us opted for the Fillet Steak which was just amazing... probably the best I have had in the UK!! All the food from the starters to the desserts were so tasty, well presented and cooked to perfection.

The atmosphere was also great... wasn't the busiest when we were there but still enough people to have the buzz.

100% recommend this place... excellent food and service. Will be returning!!

Reviewed 10 April 2017

Distinctly Average, the Restaurant had a nice feel about it with Marco's photograph everywhere! (If i was him i'd take them down straight away!)
The food we chose was Macaroni di Funghi - very bland, also chose the "special" Rump of Lamb at £24 the Lamb was so chewy it was hard work, I even had to ask for more "Jus" just to help the process.
It was a special anniversary meal for my brother and sister-in -law so i'd arranged a sample plate of dessert for them as an "Extra".
It did NOT turn up!!, When questioned on paying for the meal the deputy manager said they had 3 Birthdays and 2 Anniversaries to do this for and they did NONE of them as they were too busy!!!! WOW what an awful attitude, NO SORRY, not letting us know in advance that they couldn't manage it and maybe "Have a drink on the house instead" NOTHING, just 5 tables must have been clearly angry at being let down.
All in all very disappointed at the meal and the deputy managers attitude.
I will only say if you are looking for a WOW meal at Marco's - dont bother, but if you are looking for an average meal in a restaurant attached to an Hotel - then you wont be disappointed.

1  Thank vanessadean67
Reviewed 9 April 2017

Arrived at hotel after long journey booked hotel restaurant for meal. Not until we entered did we realise it was a franchise of Marco Pierre White. Restaurant modern with a relaxed atmosphere. It was very busy but there was plenty staff serving. Menu not huge my 4 year grandson choose pizza from children's menu Margarita with chicken and ham it was huge,granddaughter went for chicken strips husband had hamburger and I went for chicken breast with prosciutto, fontina cheese with spaghetti pomodoro which was a bit over cooked. The children liked the chips. Prices reasonable.

Reviewed 24 March 2017

This was a superb meal. The food quality was outstanding, the service meticulous, and the surroundings very comfortable.

Reviewed 24 March 2017

Shocking food
No manager on duty
paid the bill
will never visit a Marco's again. I appreciate this is a franchise but this was not a good advert for a celebrity chef.

2  Thank grahamcowdrey