“Delicious food, nice lively atmosphere!”
Review of Amalfi White

Amalfi White
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Melbourne
Price range: US$13 - US$85
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A Two AA Rosette restaurant and cocktail bar with two great menus: Chefs Menu which is more refined dining and Urban menu with cool casual dishes ...the bar also has wood-fired Pizza Oven. Both menus served daily from 12 noon. Extensive outdoor seating in a huge very beautiful garden. Great for fun dinners, lovely lunches, business events. Very child and family friendly and an excellent menu with extensive wine list. Definitely the place to be seen in Derbyshire.
Reviewed April 16, 2016

Four of us had dinner recently on a Friday evening. The bar was very busy and quite noisy. However, this didn't carry through to the restaurant but provided a nice background buzz. Our starters were the cod, cured salmon and the goats cheese - all delicious. Three of us had beef fillet and one monkfish - again all delicious, inventive and beautifully cooked and presented with lovely accompaniments. My lemon meringue pie was fabulous, others had excellent cheese boards. Service was friendly, knowledgeable and prompt. 10% service charge is included on your bill so beware! With drinks, our bill was high at £250 but we all felt it was worth it. You could have a pizza and a glass of wine or beer for under £20 per head. We'll try that next time!

Only downfall (no fault of the restaurant) was the village was very busy and there was nowhere close by to park. If you don't live too far away - get a taxi!!

Reviewed April 14, 2016 via mobile

Lovely evening in a chic sophisticated restaurant. The atmosphere is elegant but not over the top. Our servers were very attentive and friendly and could not be faulted. In terms of our meal the food was flavourful and interesting in its composition. Particularly our dessert of cheesecake was an interesting assortment of tastes and design. In all honesty it was nothing like I expected a cheesecake to be and for that reason I would say it's the best cheesecake I've ever had.
The price is moderate (for a shared starter, individual mains and desserts as well as a drink each we spent £93.67) however for a special occasion there is no where else I would rather go.

Reviewed April 9, 2016 via mobile

Decided to try again with some friends from France. Clearly used to good food and having tested alternative venues previously it turned out to be a good experience.

Table booked for 9pm late but that's all they had. Arrived at 8, cocktails fantastic and seated 8.45.

Starters prompt and well presented (mozzarella ravioli excellent) Mains chosen of a variety of menus however risotto to fillet steak all cooks well and enjoyed. £160 for 2 bottles of mid priced wine, and 2 courses for 4 reasonable.

Staff very friendly and attentive. Enjoyed by all!

Reviewed April 8, 2016 via mobile

Not been for a while, but has been a favourite since it opened, new menu so time to go again. Great meal, lovely wine, service really good. Little picky, pizza is the best I have tried, but, too big for one, in my opinion, and served on a board not a plate, because if it's size for one it's cold by the end, on a heated plate would be better, the dinner plate size would be ample, as would be on a board but to share. The baked fondant dessert delicious, but was just caught around the rim. The spicy (n,duha spelling?) Chicken was also great as was the lemon meringue. Too picky? Sorry £60 lunch, just short otherwise a five always.

Reviewed April 7, 2016 via mobile

Went on a Thursday evening with my parents to celebrate my birthday. It was a first visit for all of us...we had heard good things from lots of people and we not disappointed. The staff were all fabulous, polite, attentive and friendly. The food was delicious as were too the cocktails! I had the fillet of beef followed by the chocolate fondant...I firmly recommend both! The staff overheard it was my birthday and added a candle to my dessert which was a lovely thoughtful touch. We can't wait to go back! Thank younger a memorable visit!