“Amazing Chef menu”

Ranked #3 of 20 Restaurants in Melbourne
Price range: US$14 - US$91
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A Two AA Rosette restaurant and cocktail bar with two great menus: Chefs Menu which is more refined dining and Urban menu with cool casual dishes ...the bar also has wood-fired Pizza Oven. Both menus served daily from 12 noon. Extensive outdoor seating in a huge very beautiful garden. Great for fun dinners, lovely lunches, business events. Very child and family friendly and an excellent menu with extensive wine list. Definitely the place to be seen in Derbyshire.
Reviewed 27 August 2016

Amalfi White is a strange concoction of a bar, pizzeria and fine dining. It's full of atmosphere which is great, but it's also very bustling - getting served at the bar took a class in patience. Also seeing people dressed in t-shirts clashed with what I thought was going to be a high end venue. Likewise sitting next to people eating pizza whilst we were eating fine dining was strange.

BUT the Chef's Menu - oh wow, it was great! The starters of tuna or pigeon were so tasty. The mains of snapper or monkfish were superb. Loved it. A great way to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Will definitely be back - but without a jacket next time.

Special mention to the waitress Olivia - very professional and friendly.

1  Thank vondaz

Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

My son received his exam results and asked if we could go to amalfi's as he's never been he loved it we ordered two pizzas and my husband a steak everything was cooked as asked?? But we did ask for extra cheese on both pizzas we prefer ours to have a bit of colour on cheese I don't think it was left in pizza oven long enough for the cheese to go bubbly but that's our preference.
Since the last time we've been they have put up curtains dividing the bar from restaurant and I think it's great it can get very noisy when the bar fills up it make the restaurant more intermit and not so open. We ordered two pudding my son had the chocolate pudding he loved it I ordered the trifle it was ok but I wouldn't have it again the flavours were not to my taste there was a lot of dry ginger on top of the cream and It just over powered the trifle. The
We've never had a bad experience here but I do know a lot of people that have and haven't returned.

Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

Visit on 24th August had an amazing time. Got treated very nice and the food was amazing. Best food I have ever had. Would recommend to anyone. Well worth the money.

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

We visited here last night for a meal with friends to celebrate my birthday. I have visited here on a previous occasion and thought it was excellent so decided to book here and bring friends. On arrival we headed to the bar to get drinks but found this area to be very cramped and small- this seemed different to when I was last here. There was no atmosphere as such this time. Our friends were impressed with the decor however and thought it was very glam. We were seated at our table and given the two menus - one is the chefs menu and the other is the less expensive urban menu. We found even with the two menus there wasn't that much choice. The food was nice but not what I would expect for the prices - my husband ordered the steak and there really wasn't much food especially for the £27.50 price tag! I had the salmon salad and this was ok- however I found it a little odd that I only had 'half' a hens egg- not sure why?! Desserts were delicious so this was definitely a plus point. During our meal a group of men who only seemed to be drinking and not ordering food were sitting right behind us - they were very loud and obviously just enjoying a boys night out- but we felt it ruined the atmosphere in the restaurant and they really should have been in the bar area instead. Our bill arrived and we were annoyed to see the service charge of almost £25 added to our bill, we asked for it to be removed and then tipped accordingly instead. There was also a charge for bread and olives where as I have been to lots of restaurants and this was complimentary. We were never told of a charge it was just added to the bill. So this was £40 of extra charges!! (Although they did remove the service charge when we asked as mentioned above) All in all it was 'OK' but certainly nothing to shout about and I don't think we will be returning in a hurry. There are plenty of other lovely restaurants to choose from in the local area with delicious food at a better price.

3  Thank MissS101
Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Booked for Saturday night with friends. Really cool bar first and then sat for dinner, served by the personable Eva who was excellent. Steak was beautiful and so tasty with a Malbec alongside. Honestly, a great restaurant and very good value!